Diablo® III

Hardcore or Softcore?

I think....yes, I think I am going to start my very first hardcore character.

Any suggestions moving forward? ....and yes, I know.....don't die.
Reply Quote
I have made my move over to hardcore around 2-3 months ago and its the best move I ever decided to make on diablo3. I am actually having fun again playing diablo3 because everything you do is more exciting and dangerous because you MAY JUST DIE!!!! MUAHAHAHA
Reply Quote
Hardcore all the way.
Reply Quote
If you like this game HC all the way. It's fun.
Reply Quote
Both is an option
Reply Quote
If you're going to use the AH to gear, just make sure you don't get over confident.

RIP Moiraine.....still hurts
Edited by Bobolexi#1794 on 6/18/2013 4:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
visit hardcore forums, lot of good tips
don't play hc like you would in sc
Reply Quote
My women tend to like it HC. I can do some SC sometimes, but I prefer HC.
Reply Quote
If the lag and rubber banding was not effective in this game, I would play hardcore. It's great! I am so scared to play it on D3 and die due to something that was out of my hands.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Welcome to Hardcore, Parthax! My recommendation is to take it slow, listen to your gut instinct, and play in a group. There are also a lot of great suggestions you can find in this thread.
Reply Quote
Play both...Hc is definitely more challenging...But you shouldn't play HC when servers are acting up due to Blizz team spending too much time attending to AH issues instead of gameplay issues (just how many tickets related to AH do you think they have to respond to a day?)
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Grimiku
Welcome to Hardcore, Parthax! My recommendation is to take it slow, listen to your gut instinct, and play in a group. There are also a lot of great suggestions you can find in this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7179988576"]thread[/url].

Thanks Grimiku : )
Reply Quote
First play softcore until you understand the combo of skills and gear the game offers. Then make a monk or a barbarian for the damage percentage decrease. Then like Grimiku said take it slow bro. After you lose one or two characters you will be pretty good. Beware of open games though. Sometimes when a player joins it lags for a second and that could be the second that ends your life!
Reply Quote
whichever way is fun for you man
as for me once I started HC I could never go back, even after I lost my plvl90 barb
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I think....yes, I think I am going to start my very first hardcore character.

Any suggestions moving forward? ....and yes, I know.....don't die.
If you're looking for tips for Hardcore, I highly recommend checking out the official Harcore forums, where fellow Nephalem can share their tips and tricks for making their hero's one life in Sanctuary count.
Reply Quote
The big difference is putting more emphasis on defense and recovery. As you progress and use the AH to upgrade your gear, it's not all about how much damage you can do. More Vit and Regen at lower levels, then AR once you get high enough. There's no reason you can't play at MP5-7, but it's a good plan to drop to MP1-2 when you go to face a Boss, especially the level Bosses. There's nothing to be gained and everything to lose, so just take them out at a lower level and move on until you can get to level 60 and eventually Inferno.

I'm on my 3rd HC. The first two (WD and Wiz) both died, the first because of my arrogance/stupidity (Azmodan dropped a fireball on me), the second because I wasn't paying attention, and probably didn't have enough health. My Monk is now level 60(3) and about to move on to Act IV Hell. But he's fully prepared for it, doing enough damage (32K), but also having plenty of life, resistance and 1600+ regen.

I suggest staying away from a DH in HC. Not enough defense. Monk or Barb are the way to go for your first one.
Reply Quote
View profile
Play your first character to 60 SOLO. If you die before you get to 60, you're doing it wrong, so start again and learn from your mistakes. I leveled all 5 classes to 60, solo. Once you can do it solo, you will be more valuable in a group, since you know what you're doing. I see too many new players asking to be powerleveled, then they die playing solo.

In a nutshell, play solo, get to 60, then group up for Inferno play.

GLHF!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]