Diablo® III

To Inna's or not Inna's?

I've heard they are what all wd's need to you don't ever want to use them. So, which is it? Lol
Reply Quote
View profile
i don't use them because you lose a lot of potential EHP and mitigation in rare socketed armor pants

I prefer to either go with Blackthornes or armor pants. The big thing you gain with the innas is the movespeed, but i'd prefer lacunis if I wanted 24% movespeed
Reply Quote
Hmm, what's the ideal ias for WD's? I'm sitting at 9 with just the belt
Reply Quote
View profile
06/19/2013 10:51 AMPosted by Saito
Hmm, what's the ideal ias for WD's? I'm sitting at 9 with just the belt

that's all I have and I think it is ideal.

There is a lot of confusion with IAS and WD's. IAS does make you kill faster. It isn't fake dps like some make it out to be. however, for the average WD, too much ias will also make you run out of mana too fast to be useful against tough opponents at high mp.

So in general, the rule is...put as much ias as you can without running into mana probs.

It seems with WD's now, mitigation, armor and Resists are in voque. One reason is bats. you have to stand and take dmg while you channel bats. Some are able to get by with the additional LS on a skorn, while others prefer to be tankier and run with 1h
Reply Quote
It depends on what you are running for a build Saito, if you are running cloud of bats then your gearing philosophy is pretty much the same as that for a tempest rush monk, you want as little attack speed as possible and a slow weapon, I'm much more experienced with monks than WDs but the gearing principle for cloud of bats is similar, monks typically only have 18 AS on gear, from witching hour and inna's pants. If you are going cloud of bats I would recommend the EHP from rare pants much higher than the AS from inna's pants. If you are 0-dogging or bearing though, then you may want more AS.

Basically the optimal situation is to have as much DPS as possible while still avoiding resource management problems.
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 11:05 AMPosted by fabbyhunter
It seems with WD's now, mitigation, armor and Resists are in voque

In general, mitigation is very underrated. Case in point, see amazingly geared CoB doc: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AaronKallDay-1659/hero/27162783

Runs 95k health but still kills himself on RD packs. Why? His mitigation is far too low, sitting around 86%. IMHO, the sweet spot for MIT is 88-90%. I recommended he drop 20k HP and get 4000-4500 armour. The most important thing in Inferno is sustain. With higher levels of MIT, the 3% LS will heal for the same amount of HP, but count for more.
Edited by Scroogie#6499 on 6/19/2013 3:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
06/19/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Scroogie

In general, mitigation is very underrated. Case in point, see amazingly geared CoB doc: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AaronKallDay-1659/hero/27162783

Runs 95k health but still kills himself on RD packs. Why? His mitigation is far too low, sitting around 86%. IMHO, the sweet spot for MIT is 88-90%. I recommended he drop 20k HP and get 4000-4500 armour. The most important thing in Inferno is sustain. With higher levels of MIT, the 3% LS will heal for the same amount of HP, but count for more.

hahahaha...i play with Aaron all the time lol...i'll make sure to let him know hahaha

PS...i agree with you...88-90% mitigation is ideal but I can attest that Aaron doesn't die that easily
Reply Quote
Maaaaaate, nooooooooooooo. Only reason why I used him as an example is because I'd already spoken to him about it. Hope he doesn't take offense to this post! If anything, it's a sign of endearment :-)

I should highlight that it's only RD packs with Aaron has 'trouble' with. Or so he tells me. It'll be gravy once he gets his armour up.
Reply Quote
View profile
hahaha...don't worry bro. Its all in good fun. I just found it funny that you used him as an example and i happen to play with him on what seems like a pretty regular basis. Of all the people in the d3 population and i know him lol

Don't worry, i won't tease him.
much...lol
Reply Quote
I've ben playing with 24 move speed way too long to give it up, I even have a pair of crafted rare bracers that bump up my vit, mitigation, and dps. If your trying to get extra move speed for me it is worth it, inna's or lacunis. it feels a ittle to slow for my liking without it but with the increase in mob density its much less a priority then the other stats available

as for the attack speed, i'm currently siting at 1.4 total attack speed and I am thinking of increasing it but the cost is either to pricey or it lowers my ehp a little to much. as much a like having effective mana management, I often find I am NOT taking full advantage of my toon's potential. running oom sucks but not spending it fast enough seems like a waste as well.

as long as it feels good and fits your playstyle I say have fun
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Scroogie

He's not even remotely well geared. Especially for CoB as you've pointed out due to his lot mitigation.

Inna's are fine for a cheap starting point but you should eventually move onto 2sock rare pants with high vit/armor/AR rolls.
Reply Quote
200k dmg with an SOJ And 96k hp isn't well geared? wat? and 5 empty sockets..

that MCK is just bananas... I want.
Edited by danitefox#1989 on 6/19/2013 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well geared doesn't just refer to his dps, not to mention he has 25% IAS. 96k hp and only 3300 armor, one shot city. Well geared to me, is gearing accordingly. He's playing CoB with very low mitigation while using only 3% LS. If you mean his gear would sell for a large sum of gold, then yes, he's 'well geared'.
Edited by Mitchlol#6174 on 6/19/2013 5:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
nothing wrong with IAS... i was running 1.72 aps with PTV on MP10 and didn't have mana issues by using devouring swarm. 3300 armor isn't the end of the world.. as long as you play smart, with 200k+ DPS and 60k+ HP you should never die if you're using spirit vessel. I don't think I have died in the last 100 hours of gameplay
Reply Quote
I have 2.07ias and hardly go oom with skills i'm using. I also can't live with 12ms, it's just too slow for my taste. for me that extra 12ms is worth more than mit I lose from not getting a rare/bt pants.
Reply Quote
View profile
06/19/2013 05:48 PMPosted by Mitchlol
Well geared doesn't just refer to his dps, not to mention he has 25% IAS. 96k hp and only 3300 armor, one shot city. Well geared to me, is gearing accordingly. He's playing CoB with very low mitigation while using only 3% LS. If you mean his gear would sell for a large sum of gold, then yes, he's 'well geared'.

well, he also has 530 ar on gear...that's 61 more than you...so he's hardly glass.

But its all irrelevant now since a little birdie told me that aaron has just added 700 armor
Reply Quote
I just could never wear innas...that baby blue makes me throw up a little :)
But seriously, I think some people on the forums really underrate mitigation and overrate HP. I can't overstate how important balance is to the mitigation/HP/DPS equation, especially using 1h mojo when you dont have the crutch of the extra 3ls from skorn.
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 05:48 PMPosted by Mitchlol
Well geared doesn't just refer to his dps

Couldn't agree more man, my statement could have been better worded.

MIT isn't the be all end all though. It certainly helps with sustain but if you're taking 10 minutes to kill an elite pack...well, that's too long for me. It's all a balancing act, as stats/slots are limited. I just prefer to stack MIT first then increase my dps. No one likes dying :-/
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Mitchlol
He's not even remotely well geared. Especially for CoB as you've pointed out due to his lot mitigation.

There aren't many wds around with gear that good. 200k dps and 700k ehp are decent stats alone, but he is also wearing a SoJ (no ehp and massive hidden damage) and has 5 open gem slots to use. The only "problem" with his build is that he isn't running frightening aspect - horrify. It's basically not possible to get mitigation high enough to tank RD packs with a 1h without also using horrify. If you have high dps and low life steal (ie. 1h route), you could have +1m ehp and you'd still insta-nuke yourself on reflect packs. That's why he only has trouble on reflect packs. Skorn users have the luxury of skipping FA if they have enough mit, but 1h needs it.

If you skip through to 45 seconds in this video you'll see what I mean (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRmAS1B50Bk). I have 3% life steal, 315k unbuffed dps, and 450k ehp. It's only a few seconds of video, but I'm tanking 3 blue reflect elites, doing 2m crit hits. And I only have 3300 armor :) If I didn't have FA up I would die instantly in a reflect pack.

Regarding OP, the options are quite simple:

Most dps (least ehp) - Innas and crafted bracers

Most ehp (least dps) - Rare pants and lacunis

Best of both worlds (ehp+dps with no attack speed, but also lacks 24% movement speed) - Rare pants and crafted bracers
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]