Diablo® III

The 1 hour MP10 Fields of Misery Challenge

Also apparently this is the best route, http://imgur.com/LeP2Nxg you need the back track from
Doom in Wortham quest.

Tested this route several times now, only yields me about 6.5k kills/hour, I prefer my own hotspot adaptation as shown in the video
Reply Quote
- Tyreal Might vs IK - 15% damage to demons vs 60 AR + 10k hp

I think Tyrael´s a waste in this challenge. There are no demons in the area as far as I know.

monster <-> base experience
savage beast 9000
nest 6750
wood wraith 5625
moon clan warrior 4500
plague carrier 3375
burrowing leaper 2250

I believe all of them are beasts, actually.
Reply Quote
@ Nubtro.

It's also easy to see why ImTheReal is winning this challenge. It's just the matter of how damage is distributed for the two setups.

DW's rend damage isn't that high, so time spent per group of trash is higher than that of a Skorn setup.
Reply Quote
Well, maybe Tyrael isn´t such a waste because of the movement speed which would allow you to run Depth Diggers for up to 200 more strength compared to Temperance hmm.

Oh I didn´t notice that Chazhang´s record has been broken...wow that result with a strength Skorn with 18 ticks, Bloodbath and Bloodthirst is quite unbelievable, to be honest.
Reply Quote
Well, maybe Tyrael isn´t such a waste because of the movement speed which would allow you to run Depth Diggers for up to 200 more strength compared to Temperance hmm.

Oh I didn´t notice that Chazhang´s record has been broken...wow that result with a strength Skorn with 18 ticks, Bloodbath and Bloodthirst is quite unbelievable, to be honest.

I'm really surprised about the 1.81 bp.

Tbh the marginal benefit of the 1.67->1.81 jump isn't substantial enough to warrant the investment.

1.81-> 2.01 is really massive though.

Oh nubtro. I also want to setup my own personal spreadsheet with a more comprehensive tDPS calculation, d3rawr is great, but it doesn't account for everything and I feel it favors 1H weapons especially EFs abit too much.

Just a points to clarify:

Rend damage, is it dependent on the weapon swung, if so, would having a low DPS OH reduce your overall rend damage on average?

Also: would like to know if you have skype or some other form of non d3 communication. It's more convenient.
Reply Quote
Holy 10k... I didn't think anyone would top Chaz. I got 5806 last night, can I get some extra credit for using Birthright lol? Only 9 Legs, I only tested it for an hour but I don't think the drop chance is enough to warrant using Birthright.

Rend damage is just insane with a 2h. I was using Bloodbath for this on and off. It might be a decrease in overall damage compared to Lacerate but its doing that damage while you are somewhere else. It won't stack but it will refresh and end up netting kills.
Reply Quote

I thought so at first too... But the more I think about it guys like Chaz and Imthereal that have essentially out geared the content are probably looking at things like mobility or doing damage in different more efficient ways.

I think we can all agree that the most damage in a WW/Rend setup is going to come using Brawler and Lacerate. However if your normal (no rune) rend crit without Brawler will kill a goatman then using Bloodbath or swapping out Bloodthirst for Brawler or grabbing the next breakpoint might net you more kills. I think most of us should stick with Brawler/Lacerate maybe Ravage but these guys at the top can afford to ditch the traditional skills and get creative.
Reply Quote
If you can't beat em... grab a Skorn and do worse? the results speak for themselves though, I only have the first 10 mins on capture so I would understand if you can't accept it.

http://youtu.be/KTjBdblu_mc

It seems like gearing almost exclusively for Rend is the way to go. Get enough attack speed to keep Wrath up and shoot for Str, Crit, Crit damage. Still not 100% on the Rend rune, I went with Bloodbath here and it worked better than I thought it would though.

1. 7591 total kills
2. 525 kills/run (14ish) 2 deaths (My best guess, had a bad death and generally ran hot spots)
3. 12 Legendaries (2 EF and a Skorn, haven't Ided yet)
4. Unbuffed 268k, 479k Buffed, 605k w/ Brawler
5. http://www.d3rawr.com/d-a804m
Reply Quote
If you can't beat em... grab a Skorn and do worse? the results speak for themselves though, I only have the first 10 mins on capture so I would understand if you can't accept it.

http://youtu.be/KTjBdblu_mc

It seems like gearing almost exclusively for Rend is the way to go. Get enough attack speed to keep Wrath up and shoot for Str, Crit, Crit damage. Still not 100% on the Rend rune, I went with Bloodbath here and it worked better than I thought it would though.

1. 7591 total kills
2. 525 kills/run (14ish) 2 deaths (My best guess, had a bad death and generally ran hot spots)
3. 12 Legendaries (2 EF and a Skorn, haven't Ided yet)
4. Unbuffed 268k, 479k Buffed, 605k w/ Brawler
5. http://www.d3rawr.com/d-a804m

My tests with Skorn + really high CC via 2 piece nats seems to be giving pretty good results. Can't really substantiate results yet as I need my gaming rig (which I will have access to by the start of August)

But it seems that gearing for perma crit + optimizing rend damage via skorn is the way to go for this challenge.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 09:56 AMPosted by Uberjager
But it seems that gearing for perma crit + optimizing rend damage via skorn is the way to go for this challenge.

Yep that's pretty much what my setup is like; I didn't go Nats since I have max crit chance on every slot bringing me to 91% of the 93% cap. I found that 18% ias on gear to hit the 1.43 APS breakpoint is the minimum to permawrath comfortably. The problem is that with Ravage this only dealt 4.7M dmg which isn't enough to kill the goatmen so I decided to go Lacerate which bumps it up to 6M which ended up being overkill.

So then I decided to bring down the rend damage to 5.5M and swap out my str/chd for IAS to hit the next breakpoint. I counted and on average I rend around 120 times per FoM clear. Going from the 1.43 APS buffed to 1.61 APS buffed results in ~5 frames less per rend which ends up being 600 frames or 10 sec saved per run which is pretty significant when your average runs are ~250 sec.

I've done some testing with Bloodbath though and for me the results seemed to be pretty good so far, but I won't post anything until I can shatter the current record ;) Gonna try some exotic stuff soon but I want to break 60 DE/hr first.
Reply Quote
Uberjager,

What is you skype name? I have my spreadsheet I would like to send you that calculates the various theoretical WW builds......WW/Rend/OP(no fury), WW/REnd/Bash, WW/OP:KS/Bash.

This whole question about duel wield and skorn and which one is better is really all dependent on your gear how much your Rend Crits are(the chance the hit a critical hit) combined with tDPS etc how much OP refreshes or can be spammed. Its not as clear cut as this is better then other. However, I believe the the spreadsheet for the most part is accurate in determining for anyone with their current gear which will yield the best results......whether they are duel wielding or Skorn wielding.
Reply Quote
@ Uberjager

The concern with Nat's is that there is a limit to your crit chance, which is 75% soft cap + 5% ruthless + 3% battle rage + 10% wotb for 93% max. Let's consider a rare ring combo:

45% gear + 5% base + 15% passives + 23% buffs + 3% follower = 91% buffed CC

Now let's consider the same thing with a Nat's set:

52% gear + 5% base + 15% passives + 23% buffs + 3% follower = 98% buffed CC -> 5% wasted CC

Furthermore when you consider what going Nat's set will do for your rend damage:

Rare ring: high str, 6CC, 50CD, average damage, maybe a socket
Nat's: 3 of the above, plus you'll also have attack speed which inflates the price greatly

Then consider the boots:
Zuni: 8% poison, 100 str
Nat's: 100str

When you're above 3175 strength 8% zuni boots will beat even perfect ice climbers in damage, whereas the nat's boots will leave you far behind in that respect.
Edited by zylog#1818 on 7/3/2013 11:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow...so people are now minmaxing the 19/aps casting time of Rend? What have I done to this game...

I´d like to see minmaxing Rend-less DW like BigBaller give this a shot. I find it intriguing that we don´t have any data how huge the difference really is between 2H Rend-running and pure WW/RLTW when it comes to trash farming (or if there is a difference, at all).
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 7/3/2013 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nubtro,

Do you have a skype account as well. I can send you my file. Its nothing to complicated. However, my spreadsheet matches timed kills that both Death and I did. It uses some assumptions on the frequency in which Overpower can be spammed in 5 second time period.

In a nutshell what I did is convert everything into an average damage per second. What I did with Rend was take an average of your chance to score a Crit Hit + Non crit hit divided by 5 seconds. Overpower does the same thing......but utilizes an assumption of how many times you can spam in a given 5 second period. Depending on Mob density this can be upwards as 3 to 4 times if your rocking like a baller.

In my opinion gear setup is irrelevant. One is not necessarily better than the other. Basically it comes down to this. If you tDPS plus your average damage per second from rend and OP is greater then the sum of other builds you should be able to kill faster, if not then the other build will be better then the rend setup. For most part what I have seen Rend wins out.......but if you have extremely high tDPS having bash becomes such a powerful scaled effected that the increase in damage per second can exceed the average damage per second from Rend. This is seen only with really high gear duel wielders. Anyway, would be nice to get others thoughts. Maybe some of my assumptions are off.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 12:27 PMPosted by Nubtro
Wow...so people are now minmaxing the 19/aps casting time of Rend? What have I done to this game...

I think you know me well enough now it shouldn't surprise you. There is really nothing in this game that I won't try to minmax it's merely a matter of when I get to it ;)
Reply Quote
Yeah I know you crazy Chaz ;)

I couldn´t resist...loong time ago when I tested Rend I didn´t take enough time to really get the exact formula for its activation phase so I just did a couple of tests for some WW breakpoints:

Rend activation phase (click -> fury globe response):
1.00 aps: 24-24-25-24-24
1.43 aps: 18-17-17-17-17-17
1.54 aps: 16-17-15-16-17-16-17-16-16-16
1.67 aps: 14-15-14-15-15-14
1.68 aps: 14-14-14-14
1.82 aps: 13-13-13-13

You´re only getting 1 frame between the 14 and 15 tick breakpoint and 2 frames between the 15 a 17 tick breakpoint. Not sure why I didn´t get non-jumpy results everywhere despite a steady 60 fps...oh well, that´s just how the game behaves.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 7/3/2013 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm trying to figure out how bloodbath works (again lol), and to see if the Andariel's poison is worth it.... I'm picking through frame by frame but I have an Andariel's poison nova, the bleed effect from Skorn, Rend, and the bloodbath nova.

So many numbers jumping around, I'm pretty sure I saw a 573,737 crit from the poison in there. I know the poison scales with dps but wow.

Edit... Might have been a melee hit lol I need to go to bed.
Edited by Dep#1326 on 7/3/2013 7:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
did they nerf this farming method?
Reply Quote
http://youtu.be/CoR52oljfP0

1. 7234 total kills
2. Ran small circles around the WP, to tired to go back and count
3. 16 Legs (Go me!)
4. 288k Unbuffed, 516k Buffed, 651k w/ Brawler
5. http://www.d3rawr.com/d-tyxot

Ran Lacerate.
Reply Quote
Hi Chazhang

i'm not interest with 1 hours mp 10 fields Challenge... sorry lol :-)

BUT

I'm very interest ubers with u, i want to see your barb action with high end gears in ubers mp 10. If u interest add me N1K0#1135

THANKS

N1K0
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]