Diablo® III

The Self Found Joke

What about self-found players joining games way above their MP level?

It's somewhat annoying when you can't vote kick a mot in the eyes of your team.

pretty sure all those folks styling 50-100k in high MP games are playing self found. I would imagine that typically tends to be the case.

Just because someone hasnt found doesnt mean they are playing self found.

What? speak english. Thanks.

People way undergeared for high MPs would not be there if not for those of us geared appropriately.
Edited by BigL#1371 on 6/20/2013 5:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
06/15/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Okkoto
Also do you REALLY thing that Bliz is going to give you some kind of recognition for being too broke to use the RMAH to either get gold or buy items?

/Colossal Facepalm
Reply Quote
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5032104931820115&pid=1.7
Reply Quote
View profile

Just because someone hasnt found doesnt mean they are playing self found.

What? speak english. Thanks.

People way undergeared for high MPs would not be there if not for those of us geared appropriately.

That is English. Is it really that hard to understand? Ill spell it out for you. You claim the undergeared people are playing self found. I simply said just because someone hasnt found anything and is undergeared doesnt mean they are playing self found. There are lots of people playing alts just trying to leach xp and drops instead of paying to gear out additional alts.
Reply Quote
Thank you for being less ambiguous, many appreciate being thorough and concise. It makes for less misunderstanding, after all. :)

Anyways, that's my gripe.. some folks don't take issue with it. But rather lately, I have personally been experiencing a prevalence in very undergeared folks that simply should not be at a particular play-point. Theres a point when some things become unacceptable and most would agree. (I imagine LOL)
Reply Quote
Look. Stop with all the self found crap already. What does it matter if your character is "self found" or not. There are too many variations and arguments about what it truly means. Also do you REALLY thing that Bliz is going to give you some kind of recognition for being too broke to use the RMAH to either get gold or buy items? No they're not because they will get nothing for it. FACT companies only recognize those that spend money. Do you get anything cool for Para 100? No but do you get something cool if you buy the collectors edition and sit at level 1 forever.. YES.. Same with heart of the swarm.. You won't receive anything special for finding your own gear.

To truly be "Self found" you must literally FIND EVERYTHING.. Get your own gold for crafting (NO AH) find your own gems, recipes, armor, and weapons... and even after you do all that .. All of my SELF FOUND ON THE AH gear is going to make my toons stronger than yours. Stop trying to be snobs over not having the money to invest in the game.. Just play and move on. Flip items in the AH if you can't afford to buy gold. Buy the best gear you can.. enjoy high end MP difficulties.

Thank you for posting the most arrogant,ignorant,elitist,demeaning of others,class-conscious Beverly-Hillish post I have read in a long time. I hope it is not a serious post and does not reflect how disrespectful of others you are in RL. You couldn't possibly believe what you say here: that peeps choose to play self-found only because they do not have enough extra money to throw into this game.

May I please serve you some wine with your whine?
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 6/20/2013 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
not everyone shares your moral superiority.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
AFK
WTB new servers with RMAH disabled and account bound gold... game fixed..
Edited by Nabbs#1644 on 6/20/2013 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/20/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Gigglethorpe
WTB new servers with RMAH disabled and account bound gold... game fixed..

Quote for Oh Snaps!

See I made a full thread that asks ^^. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9344304528

06/20/2013 05:28 PMPosted by BigL
Anyways, that's my gripe.. some folks don't take issue with it. But rather lately, I have personally been experiencing a prevalence in very undergeared folks that simply should not be at a particular play-point. Theres a point when some things become unacceptable and most would agree. (I imagine LOL)

You are indirectly agreeing, that self found under geared types will be an annoyance. Why not just let them have a server to keep their under gear chars separate. Let the big dogs play MP10 and little skippy in blues/yellows with his 58k dps go play in the "other" sand box.
Check out the link above.
Edited by BossDogg#1898 on 6/20/2013 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Look. Stop with all the self found crap already. What does it matter if your character is "self found" or not. There are too many variations and arguments about what it truly means. Also do you REALLY thing that Bliz is going to give you some kind of recognition for being too broke to use the RMAH to either get gold or buy items? No they're not because they will get nothing for it. FACT companies only recognize those that spend money. Do you get anything cool for Para 100? No but do you get something cool if you buy the collectors edition and sit at level 1 forever.. YES.. Same with heart of the swarm.. You won't receive anything special for finding your own gear.

To truly be "Self found" you must literally FIND EVERYTHING.. Get your own gold for crafting (NO AH) find your own gems, recipes, armor, and weapons... and even after you do all that .. All of my SELF FOUND ON THE AH gear is going to make my toons stronger than yours. Stop trying to be snobs over not having the money to invest in the game.. Just play and move on. Flip items in the AH if you can't afford to buy gold. Buy the best gear you can.. enjoy high end MP difficulties.
People play Diablo III in different ways, and that’s entirely fine by us. Some players prefer the additional challenge of Hardcore mode, and some don’t. In a similar vein, some players have a lot of fun playing Diablo III using only the gear their heroes have uncovered in game, while other players prefer to utilize the Auction House. There’s nothing wrong with either, and in fact many of our developers enjoy playing self-found characters. If you don’t enjoy playing those sorts of characters, that’s totally fine, but please be respectful of players who do.

Self-found mode is something we still debate internally, in terms of if we want to try to support it as an official gameplay style. In concept, it sounds cool to recognize that your character is self-found, but there are a lot of different ways to play Diablo III, and we can’t support every niche gameplay style as a full playstyle within the game. That said, it’s still a topic we’re discussing.

You can read a bit more about what Wyatt Cheng and Travis Day had to say about self-found mode on Archon the Wizard’s recent stream here and here, or you can watch the streams for yourself here.
Reply Quote
So play the game with out buying gear..Its pretty simple really and the same goes for forum trolls if you can't handle the dung that's thrown around here then don't read.This is really a scary place to be if you really take anything seriously that's posted here.Sometimes you have to really just play the game and just leave it at that.....
Reply Quote

You are indirectly agreeing, that self found under geared types will be an annoyance. Why not just let them have a server to keep their under gear chars separate. Let the big dogs play MP10 and little skippy in blues/yellows with his 58k dps go play in the "other" sand box.
Check out the link above.

I don't disagree that these people should have their own sandbox to play in. I'm just saying that I find games far less enjoyable when undergeared folks are present. If that's the case I find undergeared players annoying.

I highly doubt I'm the only one that feels this way.
Edited by BigL#1371 on 6/20/2013 6:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I don't disagree that these people should have their own sandbox to play in. I'm just saying that I find games far less enjoyable when undergeared folks are present. If that's the case I find undergeared players annoying.

I highly doubt I'm the only one.

Being self-found doesn't make one undergeared. Nor does it mean that being self-found is what strips someone of their consideration or tolerance of others, as evidenced by the blatant harassment from those against the concept, and the stereotyping of supporters as being inconsiderate baddies.
Reply Quote
A Self-Found (all items dropped are BoA) Official League would bring me back. Right now I get to level 60 in 3-4 days, go get all the stuff I need on the auction house and then the game is done.
Reply Quote
Self found allows players to prove that their character is all luck and no skill. If you don't have a separate mode for it, though, the proof goes out the window, because anyone can call their characters 'self-found'.
Reply Quote

Being self-found doesn't make one undergeared.

No, but it makes it considerably more likely to be the case. Seeing as you need to find quality gear.

Some folks may just not get lucky.

In which case I would ask them to reduce their MP level.
Reply Quote
06/20/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Surt
Self found allows players to prove that their character is all luck and no skill. If you don't have a separate mode for it, though, the proof goes out the window, because anyone can call their characters 'self-found'.

So let them pretend. Having people fake the achievement is not a good reason to create a new league.
Reply Quote
View profile
I think I spent a little more/less than 10 mil on low level rares and reduced level legendaries to level up a toon to 60 in less than a day. It hit level 60 in Nightmare. Re sold that gear so fast on AH for a little more than cost to cover the taxes.

Strange thing was I felt like I was playing again when I was searching the AH for the leveling gear. Looking for the best buys and comparing...hadn't done that for a while and it was fun.
Reply Quote
much of our world is centred around the concept of faking.
Edited by BigL#1371 on 6/20/2013 6:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]