Diablo® III

Suspended

Today i tried to log onto Diablo 3 to find my account has been suspended with the error 53 appearing. How is this possible when i have hardly played the game, not talked to anyone online or done anything wrong.

It is bad enough that i always have to be online to play this game now i am being punished for doing absolutely nothing wrong why is my account suspended.

I checked my email and it says Due to an unusual change in your access pattern. Is this because i got bored after the first act and stopped playing it for months??? None of this makes sense and i just want to play this game that i paid good money for with my friend who i recently found also own it.

I have already tried to unllock my account by clicking im currently locked out of my account and reseting the password but im still locked out of Diablo.

I have never encountered anything like this before and am extremely annoyed.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
You are mixing up two very different things.

-Error 53 is an account suspension for some sort of violation, often Auction House or transaction related. To fix this you have to put in a ticket to appeal and sort out what happened. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/how-to-appeal

-Account locked due to a change in access pattern is COMPLETELY different and is not a punishment. That is due, as it says, to a change in IP or computer hardware. All you have to do to fix that is change your password using your secret question. That won't work though if you are actually suspended with an error 53. Did you see that "account locked due to change in access pattern" message when you logged in to game or only in an email?

I ask, because if you got a phishing email about a change in access pattern, clicked it, gave away your password and secret question....then that would explain the error 53 suspension. It would mean hackers got your account info and then did bad things with it.

So, lets start by having you appeal the suspension using the link I gave you. If you think you were hacked, say so in the ticket.

While that ticket is processing, I need you to do the following (most of this is good practice even if you are not hacked!)

1. Download, install, and update Malwarebytes (free version is fine). Boot into safe mode and run a FULL (not quick version) scan with the game up and gibberish in the login fields. Some malware only activates under those conditions.
2. When that scan is done, run a FULL virus scan with an updated virus scanner. Microsoft Security Essentials is free and decent these days. Better than Nortons, MacAffee, etc.
3. From a PC you know to be free of malware, change your email password. Check it for forwarding as well. Sometimes hackers get into your email as well. When done, change your battle.net account password one more time just to be sure it was done from a clean PC.
4. Create a new email that you use ONLY for battle.net and switch to it. Gmail is great because you can put two factor authentication on it and prevent hackers from logging in without a code. This way the hackers can't send you phishing spam.
5. Get an Authenticator!!!! The mobile device version is FREE and the keychain is only $6.50 in the US with free shipping.
6. Consider SMS Protect - this is not an Authenticator, but is a messaging service that lets you know about account changes and prevents some of them, such as an unauthorized email change. It can also be used to gain access if you get an account lock for an IP change.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]