Diablo® III

How does immediate upgrade indicator work?

I read that with the console version it shows whether an item on the ground is an upgrade before before you pick it up.

What about items in the stash or inventory? I know I can just look at the stats and decide myself if it's an upgrade or not, but sometimes that is confusing.

Is there a "yes/no" indicator of an upgrade with an item in the stash and inventory?

I sure hope so because I plan on picking up all rares with my barb for example, then switching to my wizard to see if they are an upgrade for her and I want to do this the easiest way possible.
Edited by BromBones#1271 on 6/18/2013 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Does this make sense?
Reply Quote
they discuss what might be the immediate upgrade thing you mention in this video on the playstation site: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/16/diablo-iii-conversations-with-creators/

It sounds as though there is a quick cycle for recently looted items (but dont think this extends to items on the ground) whereby you press up on the D-Pad and it pops up a preview of the last picked up stuff with comparative stats and I imagine an option to quick-equip it.

as for the Stash items with respect to other characters, I imagine it will be much like the current item comparison tooltip/panel that exists on the PC version. you hover over it, and it has improvements in green, and reductions in red.
Reply Quote
Here is a gameplay video with commentary by Josh Mosqueira that shows exactly what you are asking about;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNU3S5sC4aM&t=6m2s

The console version shows up to a possible 3 green arrows for upgrades or 3 red arrows for downgrades in each the Damage, Life and Protection Fields instead of actual figures.

That's a good video as well, not many people seem to know about it.
Reply Quote
Thanks guys! So it looks like with the rares I collect for my wizard, when I'm ready to equip her I will have to put the items in her inventory, drop then on the ground, pick them back up and see if they are upgrades according to the queue.

But that all depends what the symbols in the queue represent and if they provide any more information then comparing an item in the inventory to one equipped the PC way.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 09:54 PMPosted by BromBones
So it looks like with the rares I collect for my wizard, when I'm ready to equip her I will have to put the items in her inventory, drop then on the ground, pick them back up and see if they are upgrades according to the queue.

No. Did you watch the video?

You can browse through items in your inventory without actually accessing it by using the D-pad on the controller. No need to drop them on the ground and pick them back up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]