Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
at this kinda stage we are in, i spent hundreds of millions for very lil increase in stat per piece.
eg. i spent 600m for 100 more armor on pants, about 1b for 4 more CD on unity, and countless more.
but the good thing is you can trade in your old items after you get your new piece.
its like crawling like a snail, if you wanna maintain certain valuable stats while increasing your dps.
so the idea behind this is always snipe for gears, buy them low, so even when you see an upgrade at a market price, you can buy it, as you will be able to cover up when you sell your old piece.
that being said, i am wasting no more gold on that doc, just wasting my kidneys and some peanuts for that mck knife.
OK, it looks like the cheapest slot is the Mojo (Uhkapian Serpent).
The most dps gain for the least eHP loss (vit).
I can also go with a better Pox, but it needs to have 45+ Avg Dam, 6.0 Crit and 35+ CD.
Pox is more expensive, but it offers the good dps gain with no eHP loss. Mojo offers more dps, but I'd lose a little vit.
Time to start the hunt.
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 6/18/2013 6:02 PM PDT
Easiest upgrade for you is a black damage sword.
Weapon will drop me below 800 All Res if it doesn't have decent Int on it. Also, I would only replace it with another MCK.
Best Options confirmed:
D3up the 2, and what is price difference?
by d3 up what is the MIT. difference?
Edited by Mercenary#1722 on 6/18/2013 7:16 PM PDT
Pretty much in same situation as you. I don't think an MCK will give the boost for value were looking for. There are rune swords out there that have 80+ cd and int that I've seen that give me a 10k boost. Just need to find one at right price. May take a while :)
Here are my thoughts on your easiest way to 250k dps. At the moment your paper dps is showing 235k, so you need 15k. I think you have excessive ehp at the moment, especially armor. With FA you don't need it to be that high (3500 is plenty). Accordingly, your shoulders and pox should be upgraded at some point.
1) The mojo. It shouldn't be too hard to add another 100-150 intel, though you'll probably lose the life % roll. That's 7-10k dps.
2) Upgrade the pox - look for 5%, +130 intel (or socket) with as much avg dmg as possible.Adding 0.5%cc and 50 intel will give you 5k dps.
3) The knife! Your gear is way too good to be using a MCK. According to d3up each % of elemental damage gives you ~1400 dps. You currently have 14% (boots and ammy). On a MCK you lose about half this bonus because only half the damage is black. So at the moment you'd gain about 10k dps by switching to an identical black weapon. The difference would be even higher with a SoJ. A black weapon is kind of a must-have for higher gearing. Don't worry about getting intel on your sword. Dex is important on a monk weapon, but wds are better off going for really high base dps with no primary. I bought my weapon on gah last week (+1200 dps) and it does a lot more damage than any weapon with intel (which are +1140 dps).
4) Another route to increase dps at the cost of ehp is to buy some Innas pants and craft bracers. I think you have more than enough ehp to do this, and it's not particularly hard to craft bracers with high intel/cc/AR. Any dps upgrade beyond 250k starts to have a pretty noticeable effect on life steal. I'm at 315k and I can tank arcanes in poison pools with only 3% life steal. I also only have ~850 AR and 3200 armor. Dps has become my damage mitigation, I just need my bats to be hitting something.
Sorry gonna go off-topic for a second:
I just want to correct this before anyone runs out trying to craft 300/330 int/vit shoulders. Normally shoulders can roll +100/+100 main stat/vit, but they can also roll an additional +100 int/dex, or +200 for strength. This means that for non-crafted (non-Vile Ward) shoulders, 200 is the max roll for int/dex and 300 is the max roll for strength.
When crafting, the basic bonus of +200-230 main stat replaces the +100 int/dex (or +200 str) which is why crafted shoulders are now BiS for us for DPS, since they can now roll up to 330 main stat (200-230 int + 100/100 int/vit).
What the quoted post is referring to, is that since strength can normally roll up to 200 naturally, vit shoulders can get 300/300 str/vit (+200 str + 100/100 str/vit + 200-230 vit). Makes sense since he's talking about information from the barb forums.
In case anyone thinks this is unfair, int rolls up to 300 on helms (and gloves? someone might have to confirm/deny this one), and 300 dex on boots/gloves. Strength can also get 300 on belts I think.
I know dex is gloves (not sure about boots.) But for the helm - there are no archon helms, so ya it's unfair :)
i agree with this to a point...but finding that black dmg weap is the issue...and if you did find that weap, be ready to shell out 20-30 billion
Even with your 1220 dps spear w/marq emerald, i lose 3k dps vs my current knife.
With Marq ruby I lose 7k dps vs my knife.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.