Diablo® III

Need 5K DPS to reach 250K DPS

Im just guessing but higher crit chance on pox, and avg dmg and higher crit chance on tals, higher crit dmg on weapon. That is if gold is no prob:)
Edited by Mercenary#1722 on 6/18/2013 4:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Its possible with your high crit chance an emerald might
give you more damage it will be hard to find a tal's with
avg dam and keep the high vit but nothings impossible.
Reply Quote
at this kinda stage we are in, i spent hundreds of millions for very lil increase in stat per piece.

eg. i spent 600m for 100 more armor on pants, about 1b for 4 more CD on unity, and countless more.

but the good thing is you can trade in your old items after you get your new piece.

its like crawling like a snail, if you wanna maintain certain valuable stats while increasing your dps.

so the idea behind this is always snipe for gears, buy them low, so even when you see an upgrade at a market price, you can buy it, as you will be able to cover up when you sell your old piece.

that being said, i am wasting no more gold on that doc, just wasting my kidneys and some peanuts for that mck knife.
Reply Quote
My Monk took a lot out of me.
Reply Quote
OK, it looks like the cheapest slot is the Mojo (Uhkapian Serpent).

The most dps gain for the least eHP loss (vit).

I can also go with a better Pox, but it needs to have 45+ Avg Dam, 6.0 Crit and 35+ CD.

Pox is more expensive, but it offers the good dps gain with no eHP loss. Mojo offers more dps, but I'd lose a little vit.

Time to start the hunt.
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 6/18/2013 6:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Easiest upgrade for you is a black damage sword.

1.40 AS sword with 1170+ DPS, 2.9%+ LS, 55%+ crit

This sword will get you where you want to be.
Trust.
Reply Quote
Easiest upgrade for you is a black damage sword.

1.40 AS sword with 1170+ DPS, 2.9%+ LS, 55%+ crit

This sword will get you where you want to be.
Trust.

Weapon will drop me below 800 All Res if it doesn't have decent Int on it. Also, I would only replace it with another MCK.
Reply Quote
Best Options confirmed:

Uhkapian Serpent +7000 DPS, -3000 Vit

Zuni Pox +6400, -100 or so Armor.

I think taking a hit on Vit is better than the armor.
Reply Quote
What about Crafted gloves. Can't you pick up a lot more int than you have now, would that put you over?
Reply Quote
my shoulders took some time :) still working on gloves tho :(

punched in a few numbers, possible option would be to get a pox like mine (slot + %life ) then upgrade your serpent with +str to compensate for the armor loss.

no PuR?
Reply Quote
Best Options confirmed:

Uhkapian Serpent +7000 DPS, -3000 Vit

Zuni Pox +6400, -100 or so Armor.

I think taking a hit on Vit is better than the armor.

D3up the 2, and what is price difference?

by d3 up what is the MIT. difference?
Edited by Mercenary#1722 on 6/18/2013 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Pretty much in same situation as you. I don't think an MCK will give the boost for value were looking for. There are rune swords out there that have 80+ cd and int that I've seen that give me a 10k boost. Just need to find one at right price. May take a while :)
Reply Quote
get an ias black sword instead of int one? it gave me about 10k dps over int one.
Reply Quote
@axiom - really want to keep the IAS down though. I know the highest dps crafted conquest swords are all ias that why ive begun exploring rune swords with higher natural CD to compensate. Want the int to keep AR.
Reply Quote
vision with 6 CC and unity with 46 CD would give you the 5k assuming all else doesn't change.
Edited by chubs#6873 on 6/18/2013 10:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Here are my thoughts on your easiest way to 250k dps. At the moment your paper dps is showing 235k, so you need 15k. I think you have excessive ehp at the moment, especially armor. With FA you don't need it to be that high (3500 is plenty). Accordingly, your shoulders and pox should be upgraded at some point.

1) The mojo. It shouldn't be too hard to add another 100-150 intel, though you'll probably lose the life % roll. That's 7-10k dps.

2) Upgrade the pox - look for 5%, +130 intel (or socket) with as much avg dmg as possible.Adding 0.5%cc and 50 intel will give you 5k dps.

3) The knife! Your gear is way too good to be using a MCK. According to d3up each % of elemental damage gives you ~1400 dps. You currently have 14% (boots and ammy). On a MCK you lose about half this bonus because only half the damage is black. So at the moment you'd gain about 10k dps by switching to an identical black weapon. The difference would be even higher with a SoJ. A black weapon is kind of a must-have for higher gearing. Don't worry about getting intel on your sword. Dex is important on a monk weapon, but wds are better off going for really high base dps with no primary. I bought my weapon on gah last week (+1200 dps) and it does a lot more damage than any weapon with intel (which are +1140 dps).

4) Another route to increase dps at the cost of ehp is to buy some Innas pants and craft bracers. I think you have more than enough ehp to do this, and it's not particularly hard to craft bracers with high intel/cc/AR. Any dps upgrade beyond 250k starts to have a pretty noticeable effect on life steal. I'm at 315k and I can tank arcanes in poison pools with only 3% life steal. I also only have ~850 AR and 3200 armor. Dps has become my damage mitigation, I just need my bats to be hitting something.
Reply Quote
I got a pretty good roll on shoulders too. 300+int, vit, 65 ar, some dex, and 7 pur.
Reply Quote

this is what i have learnt from barb forum:

main stat shoulders roll max 330 main stat and max 200 vit = 530 total points

vit shoulders roll max 330 vit and 300 main stat = 630 total points

all other forge-able gears have equivalent amount of exchanging points between main stat and vit

ofc u have to be LUCKY to get 300 main stat on 330 vit shoulders along with %L and AR and armor

Sorry gonna go off-topic for a second:

I just want to correct this before anyone runs out trying to craft 300/330 int/vit shoulders. Normally shoulders can roll +100/+100 main stat/vit, but they can also roll an additional +100 int/dex, or +200 for strength. This means that for non-crafted (non-Vile Ward) shoulders, 200 is the max roll for int/dex and 300 is the max roll for strength.

When crafting, the basic bonus of +200-230 main stat replaces the +100 int/dex (or +200 str) which is why crafted shoulders are now BiS for us for DPS, since they can now roll up to 330 main stat (200-230 int + 100/100 int/vit).

What the quoted post is referring to, is that since strength can normally roll up to 200 naturally, vit shoulders can get 300/300 str/vit (+200 str + 100/100 str/vit + 200-230 vit). Makes sense since he's talking about information from the barb forums.

In case anyone thinks this is unfair, int rolls up to 300 on helms (and gloves? someone might have to confirm/deny this one), and 300 dex on boots/gloves. Strength can also get 300 on belts I think.
Reply Quote

this is what i have learnt from barb forum:

main stat shoulders roll max 330 main stat and max 200 vit = 530 total points

vit shoulders roll max 330 vit and 300 main stat = 630 total points

all other forge-able gears have equivalent amount of exchanging points between main stat and vit

ofc u have to be LUCKY to get 300 main stat on 330 vit shoulders along with %L and AR and armor

Sorry gonna go off-topic for a second:

I just want to correct this before anyone runs out trying to craft 300/330 int/vit shoulders. Normally shoulders can roll +100/+100 main stat/vit, but they can also roll an additional +100 int/dex, or +200 for strength. This means that for non-crafted (non-Vile Ward) shoulders, 200 is the max roll for int/dex and 300 is the max roll for strength.

When crafting, the basic bonus of +200-230 main stat replaces the +100 int/dex (or +200 str) which is why crafted shoulders are now BiS for us for DPS, since they can now roll up to 330 main stat (200-230 int + 100/100 int/vit).

What the quoted post is referring to, is that since strength can normally roll up to 200 naturally, vit shoulders can get 300/300 str/vit (+200 str + 100/100 str/vit + 200-230 vit). Makes sense since he's talking about information from the barb forums.

In case anyone thinks this is unfair, int rolls up to 300 on helms (and gloves? someone might have to confirm/deny this one), and 300 dex on boots/gloves. Strength can also get 300 on belts I think.

I know dex is gloves (not sure about boots.) But for the helm - there are no archon helms, so ya it's unfair :)
Reply Quote

3) The knife! Your gear is way too good to be using a MCK. According to d3up each % of elemental damage gives you ~1400 dps. You currently have 14% (boots and ammy). On a MCK you lose about half this bonus because only half the damage is black. So at the moment you'd gain about 10k dps by switching to an identical black weapon. The difference would be even higher with a SoJ. A black weapon is kind of a must-have for higher gearing. Don't worry about getting intel on your sword. Dex is important on a monk weapon, but wds are better off going for really high base dps with no primary. I bought my weapon on gah last week (+1200 dps) and it does a lot more damage than any weapon with intel (which are +1140 dps).

i agree with this to a point...but finding that black dmg weap is the issue...and if you did find that weap, be ready to shell out 20-30 billion

Even with your 1220 dps spear w/marq emerald, i lose 3k dps vs my current knife.

With Marq ruby I lose 7k dps vs my knife.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]