Diablo® III

PC D3 transferable to XBOX Without Rebuying game?

I already own D3 for my PC.

How is Blizzard playing this off for D3 on XBOX if players already own it for PC? Are we going to have to spend another $60 to fork out for the game again and have to start over with fresh new chars or are we going to be able to transfer at least our already built chars from our PC to XBOX on our current account?

Any Blizzard employees or admins please answer this.

To me this is a waste of money if we have to buy the game all over again just to have to rebuild again.

This I believe is something besides myself that most gamers would like to have and have it not be about how much Blizzard can make more money off of other players and it instead be about what the gamers would want.

I know Microsoft has the same games that you buy once and can play both for PC and XBOX for just one price. Will this be the same for D3?

Someway Microsoft and Blizzard can combine forces and be able to DLC our PC (account)game to XBOX like they do for our profiles on other Xbox's without having to re buy the game again? I know with the technology nowadays, it is possible to code it into other programs for all systems.

Thanks

Bullsye
Reply Quote
Nothing will cross over.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Bullsye
I know Microsoft has the same games that you buy once and can play both for PC and XBOX for just one price. Will this be the same for D3?

They do? Examples?
Reply Quote
View profile
Console servers are totally different, I believe.
Reply Quote
I heard if you beg enough, they'll let you migrate accounts.
Reply Quote
If you want Diablo 3 for console, you will have to purchase it again. Blizzard would lose out on quite a bit of money if they essentially just gave the game away like that. Keep in mind that the game was built from the ground up so a substantial amount of resources have gone toward it. They would have to make it up some how.

As for the progress and status transferring over, that will not happen.
Reply Quote
How is Blizzard playing this off for D3 on XBOX if players already own it for PC? Are we going to have to spend another $60 to fork out for the game again and have to start over with fresh new chars or are we going to be able to transfer at least our already built chars from our PC to XBOX on our current account?

To me this is a waste of money if we have to buy the game all over again just to have to rebuild again.

Even if you could transfer your character why would you want to? You would be playing the same exact game with tiny tweaks? It would be like buying a copy of madden 2013 for your xbox and then buying the same game for your ps3. How can a game being on a console be a selling point, when you already own the game on the pc where more things are possible. If you think updates are coming slow on the pc, just imagine on the console. You want this patch that fixes some of our bad design decisions, you can find it in the DLC section for 1200 microsoft points.
Reply Quote
View profile
Are you kidding? This is Activi$ion we're talkin about here.
Reply Quote
Please keep comment to the question or you will be reported for trolling in this thread.

Thank you to those who have had the intelligence to give an intelligent answer to my question.

I do see your points on this and TY for your respect and honesty with another player on this.
Reply Quote
No. You won't need a blue post or any official word has it has already been stated officially, it's not speculation.

I think the console version is targeted toward people who want to play it but don't play PC games.
Reply Quote
take a read of the FAQ sticky post. it answers (in a round about way) many of your questions regarding rebuying, and transfer of chars etc.

as others have stated there is absolutely zero crossover.

new platform = new purchase = new characters and account achievements etc.
Reply Quote
It's mainly because the console versions won't be playing on battle.net but instead the console's dedicated online service (PSN or XBLive). The console networks are closed so there is no option of cross compatibility at all.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
I love this game, and personally would love account transfers, but even if its not gonna happen Ill still be getting this game. All of my friends love diablo and have 360's but dont have PC's to play, so in my opinion rebuilding with my friends sounds awesome.
Reply Quote
Nothing will be merged stated numerous times, I like how you are reporting off topic posts when this is in itself a troll as it has been stated nothing will transfer over. You make it seem like the forum mods sit in business meetings with the people that make business decisions.
Reply Quote
As I saw the console release of D3, I couldn't help but be over joyed at the opportunity to be able to play some of the characters I have created on pc on my Xbox 360. However, I hear that you may not be able to do so, which is a let down. If they made it possible to use characters you've created on the pc version, available for use on the consoles, I would definitely spend the $60+ on it in a heart beat. Since it's unclear as to whether or not that would be available, unfortunately it seems like that feature won't be available on consoles, I am very hesitant to make the purchase in the future. Maybe they could make a separate server to where only the characters created on pc could be used on the consoles? I think that'd be an awesome addition to the game. But with all that being said, I support blizzard 100% with any decisions they make for the console release! I will continue to play D3 on pc even after the console release! D3 rocks!!!
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Nilrem
Keep in mind that the game was built from the ground up

It was built for the XBOX/PS not the pc.

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/857594_477145112340745_825050008_o.png
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]