Diablo® III

CoB and EF users

Chose the wrong rune so I ran an act1 kw mp10 run with it. Two barbs joined, each with an EF. How the hell do you put up with it? That has got to be the most annoying crap in game. The two most played classes in the game tend to always have one.

Not a chance I'd take up CoB over PB.
Reply Quote
ask them to put it OH or....

gear an EF, use acid rain and be more annoying

win!
Reply Quote
got invited to a game with 2 barbs and no CM wiz. left after 9 seconds
Reply Quote
The wrong components in a team can be far more damaging than choosing the wrong build.

Stick with your regular friends, or simply go solo.
Reply Quote
Amen to all of those. I'm just gonna tell em there's a new bug and if they unequip the EF theyll do more dmg.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 11:29 PMPosted by Mitchlol
Amen to all of those. I'm just gonna tell em there's a new bug and if they unequip the EF theyll do more dmg.

That's technically true. If they unequip their EF, the team's DPS will shoot up by millions. :)
Reply Quote
lol. good point. paul while you're here. could you please review my monk? i was trying to understand everything you were saying in the other thread with Yami, but didnt quite get it all onboard. I'm not aiming for a explode-things-quickly monk, I've got my WD for that. I'd like to be the one constantly buffing the group/grabbing mobs up.

IIRC my monk has ~100k dps and ~400k ehp.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mitchlol-6174/hero/33833701
Edited by Mitchlol#6174 on 6/18/2013 11:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 11:36 PMPosted by Mitchlol
I'd like to be the one constantly buffing the group/grabbing mobs up.

You're using OWE but your resist is all over the place. Now's not a good time to re-gear the monk. Wait for the new patch where single resist can roll 115. A few pieces of max resist on gear + OWE will help greatly. Then, your other pieces can focus on Vit/Dex and DPS.

The way to hold up well in MP10 groups is to survive decently, and that's usually dual LS at >50k life. Spam overawe every 3 secs, and pull in the mobs every 1-2 secs. When you give up the eDPS by not using bells, the CS feels much weaker (1/3 the damage), and chances are you'll want SW:Cyclones to help you sustain your life (synergy with your WKL). CS calculates off the main hand weapon, so you may want to have a very high black damage weapon with ruby inserted.

Some of the ground effect combos are just too much for the squishy monk to tank, so we'd need to DS out to safety. While we're at the perimeter, keep up the overawe spam, but don't pull the mobs out to you. When you've recovered, DS back into the group and continue to pull mobs into the group. Of course, if all the team members ran away due to the intense stacking of ground effects, you can pull the whole area to your new location and start a new core for the AOE group damage.

This method is very group-friendly. You can maintain the 68% party buff throughout the main fights, including Ubers. To spam the spirit spenders that way, you'll probably need APS >2 (2.2 APS will be even better, just in case you do not crit).

Now, if you can afford extremely good gear, you can drop Serenity and put in EP:FIW. The palm marking draws attention like a magnet. Continue to pull in mobs, and they all die in half the time due to the 50% spash upon death. But don't EP on reflect pack or you'll kill yourself 1-shot. If your team has a CM Wiz, you can CS less often (within 16 secs to maintain buff), and plant more strategic EP on about-to-die mobs.

The best place to seek advise will be the monk's forums. There may be other top-geared WKL monks who can map out the exact gear upgrade path for you.

Edit: typos
Edited by PaulNg#6869 on 6/19/2013 12:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks very much. Yeh the 68% buff is what I was trying to understand, so its the combination of Overawe and Soothing Breeze correct? I just realised I have the int Butchers sickle, that was just for test purposes. I'll probably grab a dex one, they seem to be the cheapest option for Black wpn/CD/LS.

Seems as though I've been doing what you've suggested in terms of technique, just have to get more fluent at it I guess.
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 12:15 AMPosted by Mitchlol
Yeh the 68% buff is what I was trying to understand, so its the combination of Overawe and Soothing Breeze correct?

GL passive provides the 20% buff, you need to heal a teammate to activate it. That's where CS:SB comes into the build. The AOE for CS is much bigger than all other non-mantra skills. When teammates come within your CS range, the buff to DPS is shown in the character sheet.

MoC:O gives 24% base damage taken by mobs. Spam it every 3 secs, and the mobs get extra 48% damage taken. This is in relation to your location and the mobs. It has nothing to do with the location of your teammates. The visual tell-tale is the red glow beneath your feet and the mobs feet.

In a team situation, where you have a DH. That player only benefits 48% from your Mantra, unless he comes near you occasionally to receive the 20% GL buff.

Anyhow, full monk buff is about the same as full SH and GF buff to a WD. That's why group friendly monks are so popular.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 11:59 PMPosted by PaulNg
Wait for the new patch where single resist can roll 115

Is there somewhere I can find out more on proposed changes in 1.0.9? Thx
Reply Quote
May not be 1.09 patch, there's some info about Wyatt Cheng's interview here

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9281758592#1

and one of the blue posts pointed to this transcript here
http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1555-candid-chats-with-wyatt-cheng-and-travis-day

His thoughts on game-breaking overpowered builds? - CM Wiz, WotB Barb, and 0Dog WD.

The part about resistance goes under One With Everything (a monk passive skill)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]