Diablo® III

Is crafting the non archon plans.

One massive big troll?

I've crafted 2000+ conquest swords and 2000+ daggers in the last few days and gotten nothing.

:(.
Reply Quote
I think you may need to contact Daywalk3r -- apparently, he has awesome crafting luck since he is self-found and all.
Reply Quote
Random is random. It could take you 10 crafts to find that one item, it could also take you 100000000 crafts.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
The daggers can't be good (as far as I know) and the swords have a very very very very very low chance to be good.

The way I judge it is this:
I have picked up thousands of ilvl62-63 1h weps in my time playing and I have NEVER seen a 1k dps os LS CD wep.

In fact, I barely ever see 1k dps weps at all.

In fact, I stopped picking up rare weps at all.

tl;dr - it is 100% a troll.
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 03:23 PMPosted by Nameless
I think you may need to contact Daywalk3r -- apparently, he has awesome crafting luck since he is self-found and all.

He's my idol and motivation.

06/19/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Dro
Random is random. It could take you 10 crafts to find that one item, it could also take you 100000000 crafts.

They be trollin'.
Reply Quote
The daggers can't be good (as far as I know) and the swords have a very very very very very low chance to be good.

I have picked up thousands of ilvl62-63 1h weps in my time playing and I have NEVER seen a 1k dps os LS CD wep.

I've had better luck farming than crafting. The reason i poured gold into daggers was my housemate crafted 1 and got 950 dps, LS, OS, CD, Dex and i'd made 2000 conquest swords and my best was 750dps OS, CD, LS, Dex.

I had terrible luck with daggers - I wanted to cry when one rolled - 247 vit, 100 dex, LS, OS, 64 CD 404 dps...

I've pretty much just stopped picking up rares period... Half my legs I brim before ID'ing or sell...

sigh.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 6/19/2013 3:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
I've had better luck farming than crafting. The reason i poured gold into daggers was my housemate crafted 1 and got 950 dps, LS, OS, CD, Dex and i'd made 2000 conquest swords and my best was 750dps OS, CD, LS, Dex.

I had terrible luck with daggers - I wanted to cry when one rolled - 247 vit, 100 dex, LS, OS, 64 CD 404 dps...

Yea. Everyone I know has a "guy I know crafted <insert really good item here>" story. Yet I have never heard of someone actually crafting a good item.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
06/19/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Cayzer
I've pretty much just stopped picking up rares period... Half my legs I brim before ID'ing or sell...

I hear this.

However, now that I can get >6k mobs/hr in FoM, I can pretty easily fill a stash page with unided legs like I used to with unided ilvl63 rares.

Most brim but many sell for ~10m and I just soled an IK chest for ~800m so it's not a 0-profit option! :D
Reply Quote

I'm in the same boat here, been here since day 1, and never seen a 1K+ sword/axe/mace drop that had OS, LS, CD, and none of the friends I play with regularly have either. Once in a while I'll get OS/CD with maybe 1040 dps, but no avg dmg or solid base stats.

06/19/2013 03:23 PMPosted by Nameless

LOL
Reply Quote
Im not self found by no means but I did craft this sword at about 50 tries. The next 200 sucked though. I just wish it had life steal
Reply Quote
Sword on my monk that is
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
06/19/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Redmann
Im not self found by no means but I did craft this sword at about 50 tries. The next 200 sucked though. I just wish it had life steal

Maybe I am on crack, but doesn't that have only 5 stats? min/max, %dmg, IAS, CHD, socket...
wut?
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Druin

Maybe I am on crack, but doesn't that have only 5 stats? min/max, %dmg, IAS, CHD, socket...
wut?

Yeah...

That's a bit weird...
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Druin

Could min and max be considered two different affixes? Or perhaps there is a min/max + min or min/max + max embedded in the roll?
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Nameless

Could min and max be considered two different affixes? Or perhaps there is a min/max + min or min/max + max embedded in the roll?

I think this has to be the case.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]