Diablo® III

Started playin D2 again...

The only thing that i have the slightest problem with is going from the beautiful graphics of Diablo 3 to the old outdated graphics of D2. Aside from that its such a good and superior game in many ways. I have been playing 2.5 weeks and have a 85 Cold sorc and a 75 light sorc. Both geared really well so far -Occy, Shako, Tal amu's, Spirit mon's, up'd Skin of vipermagi, all res FC rings, 17 med Insight on merc, all res sc's, mf sc's, gheeds etc etc .

Drops have been great so far, maybe a little slow but there is nothing like gearing yourself and getting exited about drops that actually don't totally suck 99.9% of the time.

Haven't spent a cent on 3rd party sites but so far i have managed to get a few GG items as well as some good runes. Managed to get 2 jah runes <-(From a trade) , 7 ist, 5 Um, 8 pul, and about 12 Ko's so far not including all the lower runes i have been saving for crafting and runewords. Got my second Soj last night woo! And i haven't even started farming Hell yet lol.

So when your all as sick of d3 and its major drawbacks as me don't hesitate to load up d2 again... Its worth it and that's not the nostalgia speaking, Its the I am playing it NOW and having as much fun as i did back then.

Not as many playing as there was but lots playing. Specially if you hit peak hours. And most games tend to be in Nightmare or Hell.

TIP1: The N key is your friend. Clears your screen of bot spam when pressed.

TIP2: Trist runs lvl 1-15, then Tomb or Cow runs, then hit those baal runs :)

Edit - Yes i am playing new ladder, I have no duped items as i am 100% self found so far. Only trades i am doing are gear i find for runes. Enigma and Infinity are my next crafts. Have 15% ed Superior mage plate and eth 4os CV for those. And today i make my first Hoto of the ladder.

My only wish - Diablo 2 with diablo 3 graphics. That is all. Everything else in d3 can stay in d3... or should i call it by its real name... Satanic Pay2Win Cashgrab #1
Edited by Croy#1972 on 6/18/2013 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I loved D2 but got way sick of the exploits, hackers, etc. They just ruined the game.

How is the current version. Can online (battlenet) be played without the constant exploit and cheaters? Would it be better to just solo single player?
Reply Quote
I am also curious if my old account/characters might still be on their servers. I would doubt this of course.
Reply Quote
D2 was awful before LOD.
Reply Quote
It wasn't awful, but the stash was a freaking joke pre expansion.
Reply Quote
So what , you want a cookie. Id have had 4 accounts on the ladder an several geared 85's by now. It's no big deal.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Shadovex
You're playing Diablo 2 right....? Not LOD. because if it's LoD then your doing it wrong. You would need to play D3's expansion prior to writing up a valid review. So if this is indeed the case, this is just another !@#$%y D2 ^-*!@ post.

TIP2: Trist runs lvl 1-15, then Tomb or Cow runs, then hit those baal runs :)

Reading before raging - it's fundamental to everyone's health.
Reply Quote
You're playing Diablo 2 right....? Not LOD. because if it's LoD then your doing it wrong. You would need to play D3's expansion prior to writing up a valid review. So if this is indeed the case, this is just another !@#$%y D2 ^-*!@ post.

Actually no he wouldn't be doing it wrong.

Playing D2 and comparing would be wrong. Because what was in D2Lod should have been the starting point to build D3 from. But it wasn't and that is pretty much everything that I have found wrong with D3.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 6/18/2013 1:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
99% of loot on diablo 2 is duped or hacked. It's like playing diablo 3 20 years from now and seeing how easy it is to get end game loot. The moment top end gear is obtainable for just 100k gold is when people will be satisfied, then they can add a few useless unique /set items that drop after boss kills . (sigon's, isenharts). So while people are finding crap, it will at least be colored crap.
Edited by Venom#1391 on 6/18/2013 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You're playing Diablo 2 right....? Not LOD. because if it's LoD then your doing it wrong.

what are you talking about all he says is D3 is currently boring and D2 is currently more fun, which I agree. He also mentions spirit mon so hes probably on current ladder.

I am also playing D2 right now however I got a 3 hour temp ban for doing baal 4 quest, which is stupid blizz's servers are pathetic embarrassing.

06/18/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Venomheart
99% of loot on diablo 2 is duped or hacked

not if you find it yourself which happens often

It's like playing diablo 3 20 years from now and seeing how easy it is to get end game loot.

ladder is only a month old so no.
Edited by iwonsch#1358 on 6/18/2013 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Are you serious? Half of the players on Diablo 3 are bots. There are more exploits in Diablo 3 than there ever were in Diablo 2

Hahahahahahahaha. You can't even be remotely serious? I don't think there is another game in existence that was more hacked and exploited than D2. Certainly not D3. Though the bots are certainly more of an issue for D3.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Duping / hacking / botting in Diablo 2 is what kept it alive for so long. Its a different type of game, the economy works differently, and thus wasn't as impacted by it as Diablo 3 is.
Give dupers a few more years, and diablo 3 will be just as infested as diablo 2 was.
The skills, the combat system, just everything, its so much better.
No, not really, all the different builds on diablo 2 is getting another spell to spam until you get bored.
Diablo 3 at least allows you to change builds at a whim.

The combat system meaning - SPAM POTIONS UNTIL YOU KILL IT.
Reply Quote
View profile

1. You're wrong. He is playing LoD.

2. You're wrong. New games in a franchise should pick up where the old left off, then build from there, not start where the last game started and build up to something like the old expansion

3. You're wrong. How does it feel to be so wrong? Good?
Edited by Doc#1615 on 6/18/2013 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99% of loot on diablo 2 is duped or hacked. It's like playing diablo 3 20 years from now and seeing how easy it is to get end game loot. The moment top end gear is obtainable for just 100k gold is when people will be satisfied, then they can add a few useless unique /set items that drop after boss kills . (sigon's, isenharts). So while people are finding crap, it will at least be colored crap.

Are you kidding? I haven't played in about a year, but most of my items were self found. I would gear myself off of Mephisto, move one to Nightmare Mephisto, and then finally Hell Mephisto. The crap you are talking about was super useful. Sigon's and Isenharts were both worth wearing as I would level my characters, and some of the low level uniques (Frostburns, Magefist, Skin of the Vipermagi, etc.) were actually useful on Hell mode, which is more than you can say about the awful low level uniques in Diablo 3. Runes and runewords were vastly duped, but runewords were not needed to farm effectively.
Edited by ZaphodB42#1381 on 6/18/2013 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Ender
Are you serious? Half of the players on Diablo 3 are bots. There are more exploits in Diablo 3 than there ever were in Diablo 2

Hahahahahahahaha. You can't even be remotely serious? I don't think there is another game in existence that was more hacked and exploited than D2. Certainly not D3. Though the bots are certainly more of an issue for D3.

you're one to laugh, every single diablo player had to give up, no I mean sacrifice, the freedom of offline mode for what is suppose to be for the good of the game, just so we could all experience a hack/exploit/dupe/bot free environment.

did it happen?
Edited by Hak#1935 on 6/18/2013 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. If you loved D2 you are probably playing the wrong game by playing D3. D3 was not made for fans of D2, it was made for fans of the current generation of games. That is why everything is dumbed down and streamlined so much. If they made a game aimed only at D2 players it would have been a flop because it would have appealed to such a small part of their entire market. They aimed the game at players of WoW and consoles because that is the vast majority of the market share.

So yeah I can see how someone who loved D2 would go back and still love it, they just don't make many games for that generation anymore. Try PoE, it is the closest I've seen to D2 even though it is heavy with flaws of its own.
Edited by Ender#1738 on 6/18/2013 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Play D2 single player, and you will thoroughly enjoy the game. I promise.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]