Diablo® III

I need advice on what to buy.

I've pretty much hit the ceiling on my barb, with most upgrades costing 1b or so, so I've decided to put funds into gearing my WD. I have about 1.2b right now.

What should I be gearing towards? I tried CoB but I didn't really like it since it felt like I constantly had to chase down mobs to finish them off when they ran away.
Reply Quote
CoB is pretty much the only way to go for higher MP's, IMO. (Unless you have 3bil to spend on 0dog gear) You can use a CoB/Bears build on MP's that are easily farmable, but on MP's that are hard for you, I find bears to be less effective than CoB. The build I'm using right now is my CoB/Bears build that I use on MP8.

As for your gear, you'll certainly want to upgrade that crappy gem in your weapon. Get at least a radiant star in it. (Use d3up to see if an emerald or ruby would be better) Also, get some crit chance on your zuni helm. It will have less int/vit, yes, but it will be a big DPS increase. At least 4% crit chance on your Pox would be great as well.

That Rare ring could be replaced by a good CC+CD Litany, too. You'd lose some Vit, but gain a big chunk of AR. For your belt, I'd roll with a Witching Hour that has at least 40 CD on it. Witching Hours with Vit, AR or Life% on them can be really expensive though. You can stand to lose a bit of HP there; I run with only 58-60k and do just fine.

For defensive stats you'll want to sit around:

750-800 AR
55-60k HP
3500-4500 Armor

Those are pretty much my defensive stats, and I can solo MP10 perfectly fine.
Edited by Joey#1757 on 6/19/2013 12:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I've pretty much hit the ceiling on my barb, with most upgrades costing 1b or so, so I've decided to put funds into gearing my WD. I have about 1.2b right now.

What should I be gearing towards? I tried CoB but I didn't really like it since it felt like I constantly had to chase down mobs to finish them off when they ran away.

Build-wise there are a lot of things, but the big three are Zombie Bears, Cloud of Bats, or 0Dogs. Witch Doctor is pretty well balanced, though, so you can mix a lot of things around (those are the good damage dealers, though, that are easy to spec around.)

0Dog is really expensive to be effective, so I would forget about that spec for now.

In your shoes, I'd get a 5% life steal high dps skorn (your knife isn't that great, so easy to replace.) It makes bears and bats a lot easier to gear around (you can then put some attack speed on other pieces for dps without worrying as much about mana.)

I'd then get a witching hour and crit chance zuni vision for some dps.

I didn't look at your total effective hit points, but I would check into that depending on what monster power you wanted to play at. I personally wouldn't worry about specific stats for all resist, armor or vitality, rather load your character into d3up and look at total ehp (this combines all those together) and try to hit 450k+. Generally for equal ehp, higher resist and armor is a better way to go but you will pretty comparable regardless.

Personal preference, I would get lacuni bracers simply because I really like 24% movement speed (that would probably help your issue with bat range.) Your dps will suffer, though as it doesn't roll high int like your crafts, but it does give you nice attack speed (typically bad for a witch doctor but skorn users can definitely stack 2 or 3 pieces without many issues with mana.) I wouldn't both though unless you can get some crit chance ones.

Edit: one last thing - if after playing CoB a while you still REALLY hate the bat range, try plague bats. They aren't quite as high damage, but they have a bigger range, so its sort of a wash. I think the general consensus is CoB is still better but many folks swear by plague so it's definitely viable.
Edited by GunnersDream#1109 on 6/19/2013 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
^ I'm a Plague Bats user. If I'm playing act1, i use cob w/ pestilence. However, in acts 2/3/4, PB is infinitely more useful. This is mp10

If I'm playing lower than mp10, i go with a full on bears build.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]