Diablo® III

Finally hit 100k unbuffed dps, 2.1m ehp!

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/ace-1696/BarbMale/4850585

Helm: BIS for ehp. Only two possible upgrades and neither are economical. A split str/vit roll can be 100m to 500m for a small dps boost. A cc roll starts at 100-150m without a primary stat and I would actually lose dps, not to mention ehp! Good cc helms rarely show on the GAH, even for 2b. They usually find their way on the RMAH.

Shoulders: Super godly str+dex+vit trifecta. I do have other shoulders with % life or 150+ vit and do gain some life, but lose dmg and protection. I could try to eke out another 30 or 40 str without sacrificing more than 10 vitality. Resist and life regen roll could be a bit higher too.

Amulet: Possibly end game, been unable to find anything better for under 500m. Been searching for one with 8%+ cc and 60-80%+ cd, prices on those are nuts! Mine has an almost perfect life regen roll which greatly aids in my survival. Only the split int-vit roll is kind of weak. Very time consuming to go thru amulets for one with the right barb skill(s). Can gain as much as 20k sheet dps from a glass cannon rare amulet, but lose 10-15k tdps(total dps) by giving up 6% cc ww bonus not to mention losing almost all my ehp in that slot.

Rings: Oculus ring is BIS. No other legendary nor set ring can match the Oculus ring with a perfect 6% cc roll. Stone of Jordans have been used for ubers but the dps and ehp I would lose would outweigh the benefits of even 30% extra elite damage, I checked the calculations. The Litany ring might be an option after the item patch as an ilvl63 with 6% cc. I would only need a high split dex-vit roll or a 12% life roll, both are fairly cheap. Hellfire has 2 wasted stats. 5% cc without the average damage roll would not lose me any damage. Then I need something good such as resists, % life, ias, cd, even armor, loh, life regen, 7k+ health globes. Looked at rare rings, I would only gain a few thousand damage with a trifecta vs. hellfire which I plan to keep farming for till I roll one with the dps/ehp stats I want.

Gloves: Very godly. Perfect 200 str roll as well as other stats. I lose a bit of resistances, oh well. Great spot for gold pickup radius since either cd or ias roll makes the cost 500m+ while pickup radius is a tiny fraction the cost.

Chest armor: Been trying to get one with 70+ str and 250+ vit with the second random being more armor, life regen, melee damage reduce or some other good roll. If that isn't possible, I could still aim for more dodge chance and perhaps a higher armor roll.

Bracers: 2% cc away from BIS. I chose a high ar roll for much cheaper than a split str-vit roll. The third random I got 6% melee reduce which makes for decent ehp in that slot. Very few critless lacunis would be an upgrade over what I have, at least on the dps side. I could trade the 4% cc for a near perfect split str-vit roll and still trade some dps for more ehp.

Belt: BIS for ehp. Only upgrade is split str-vit roll and thats 100m to 2b depending how high the str rolls. Very happy with my belt, will wait for item patch and see if there's an upgrade then.

Pants: Almost BIS. High split str-vit roll and high armor roll. An all resist roll isn't much better since my resists are already so high, I hit diminishing returns. The LOH and 12% life is really sweet as well. So is the 100 vitality bonus. All my alts also have Blackthorne's.

Skorn: I miss my grandfather sword, it was nice knowing you. Blizz really needs to buff this wep in the item patch to either give it 2 random rolls or buff the stats. That sword was epic in d2 and frequently duped. I neither had the sojs nor wanted to take the risk on getting a dupe and losing all my saved sojs I got from trading gear I found. Skorn is the only popular 2h wep, hope Blizz changes this in item patch, I want to try other epic 2h weps. Don't care much for 1h as I lose a ton of dps and am not obsessed with attack speed, my wotb works fine with 2h.

Boots: My climbers are very godly for not having move speed. Never was able to find any decent ones with 12% move for under 500m. Have about given up. Best I have is IK boots with a split dex-vit roll and firewalkers with a high resist roll. Lose so much dps and ehp that I almost never wear any other boots. Tried nat's boots and ring, I actually lose a little dps but so much ehp, blah! Maybe the item patch will give me new options to hit the 24% cap.

Next goal: I will be aiming for 125k unbuffed dps and 2.5m ehp. Probably not going to happen before the item patch. Maybe the ehp side is possible, unlikely on the dps side as most people are so obsessed with dps! I should survive alot better in MP10 with another 400k ehp I gain from paragon levels and upgrading a few more items and rolling a better hellfire ring.
Reply Quote
im so confused, what exactly are you shooting for here
Reply Quote
I absolutely lol'd at the godly gloves comment.

I find it hilarious how you're taking this "I'm gonna stack ehp beyond pointlessly high" shtick so far as to talk up all your dex, but when it comes to your godly gloves suddenly its just "eh I just lose 80 ar here oh well."

I dont know a lot about ik gloves, but can't they roll SOMETHING better there? AR, vit, armor?

You're slacking.
Reply Quote
have fun taking 1 hour to kill each elite in mp10, i m sure you wont die, =D
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Ace
Rings: Oculus ring is BIS. No other legendary nor set ring can match the Oculus ring with a perfect 6% cc roll. Stone of Jordans have been used for ubers but the dps and ehp I would lose would outweigh the benefits of even 30% extra elite damage, I checked the calculations

We went to different math classes. Or at least you and the d3rawr.com designer did. With your oculus and wrath up, you have 527k tdps. With a 5% elemental and 28% elite dmg soj, you would have 618k tdps. Yes you would lose ehp. But honestly mate, you have ehp coming out your ears. You have 80% more ehp than me, and I can survive almost anything. If the game were only about ehp you would never die. A balance of dps and ehp is more effective. Get them both and you can not only survive, but kill everything quickly (more quickly than you do now).
Reply Quote
Nice.

Very similar ehp to my barb and I use a shield!

Keep hitting those ubers for hellfire rings. You can get some really nice rolls there. One of mine has 180 str, armor, 60 odd resist all and cc/cd which would suit your barb to a tee.
Reply Quote
So much hp....
Reply Quote
...ehp barbs, UNITE!
Reply Quote
No Grandfather? Im disapointed...
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 08:12 PMPosted by mech
No Grandfather? Im disapointed...

and only last week he claimed it was BIS. so sad how little it takes to change his small mind.
Reply Quote
I just don't know what to say here...........
Reply Quote
You realize you stacked about 3-4x EHP than you need and -entirely- gimped your dps, yeah?

Your character is absolutely terrible, you shouldn't feel good about this at all.

Sure you'll survive pretty much anything...but so can my barb at 2.5x your dps and 1/4th your ehp.
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 10:00 PMPosted by Superior
I just don't know what to say here...........

i am glad i wasnt alone
Reply Quote
You realize you stacked about 3-4x EHP than you need and -entirely- gimped your dps, yeah?

Your character is absolutely terrible, you shouldn't feel good about this at all.

Sure you'll survive pretty much anything...but so can my barb at 2.5x your dps and 1/4th your ehp.

I think op has a passion killing everything longerrr cause I can't possibly think of any other reason of him gearing this way :(
Edited by Superior#1541 on 6/16/2013 10:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Don't worry he can carry Mp6 ubers!
Reply Quote
3m ehp or go home

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/tomcruise-1666/Toaster/32163570
Reply Quote
wtf did i just look at? im so confused lol! im absolutely mind fuked lol!
Reply Quote
ehp is the new dps bro
Reply Quote
3m ehp or go home

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/tomcruise-1666/Toaster/32163570

I'm converting to scientology.
Reply Quote
Op, it would be awesome to tell us what your goal is with this stuff. Are you trying to build something that's good at farming ubers, DEs, legendaries, experience, pvp or just pure novelty? You say your ammy and ring are bis, but they have low strength, no avg damage, crit damage, or attack speed. Your setup doesn't have rltw, rend, op:ks or hota. Just confused on where you're going with all this or if you're just supertroll.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]