Diablo® III

Finally hit 100k unbuffed dps, 2.1m ehp!

I absolutely lol'd at the godly gloves comment.

I find it hilarious how you're taking this "I'm gonna stack ehp beyond pointlessly high" shtick so far as to talk up all your dex, but when it comes to your godly gloves suddenly its just "eh I just lose 80 ar here oh well."

I dont know a lot about ik gloves, but can't they roll SOMETHING better there? AR, vit, armor?

You're slacking.

I lost like 5 ar, did you check my profile? If I replace pickup radius with cd or ias, it's 500m to 2b gold, no thanks.

06/16/2013 04:36 PMPosted by SuperNewbie
have fun taking 1 hour to kill each elite in mp10, i m sure you wont die, =D

Try 1-2 minutes and I do die every 5-10 elites. No idea how more glassy barbs survive, I die in 1-2 seconds from the most difficult elites. I usually farm MP5 where elites die in about 30 seconds and I die maybe once every 2 runs.

We went to different math classes. Or at least you and the d3rawr.com designer did. With your oculus and wrath up, you have 527k tdps. With a 5% elemental and 28% elite dmg soj, you would have 618k tdps. Yes you would lose ehp. But honestly mate, you have ehp coming out your ears. You have 80% more ehp than me, and I can survive almost anything. If the game were only about ehp you would never die. A balance of dps and ehp is more effective. Get them both and you can not only survive, but kill everything quickly (more quickly than you do now).

I do have a SOJ in my stash that I can try for the butcher. I will time how long it takes with and without. Remember the loss of 6% cc on the oculus ring may mean I won't be able to keep up wotb and therefore, lose more dps than what i'd get from the ring. I do try very hard to get both dps and ehp, I bid on super high 260 str vile ward shoulders and got outbid, oh well.

Nice.

Very similar ehp to my barb and I use a shield!

Keep hitting those ubers for hellfire rings. You can get some really nice rolls there. One of mine has 180 str, armor, 60 odd resist all and cc/cd which would suit your barb to a tee.

If you add me, we can farm keys and ubers together. Maybe ill finally roll a trifecta or bifecta with all resist or something good. Your extra 50k dps over me is due to a combo of high paragon level and trifecta hellfire and rare ring and rare gloves. Nice wep there, have you tried an emerald? Blizz did a good job buffing rubies, but the dps calculator still puts me ahead with emerald. I do have a high block 8% cc stormshield I found recently, I can try that with ef, but I estimate my dps will get cut to 50k while my ehp rise to 3m or so. I may try a cc shield after the item patch when they buff low level legs, will give me more options to play around. Hoping blizz also buffs helms of command to ilvl63, the extra 8% block there is huge ehp and with a 4.5-6% cc roll, I could probably match or beat my mempo on the dps side too!

06/16/2013 08:05 PMPosted by Matrick
So much hp....

I was just over 100k at one time, but scarified alot of that to get my unbuffed dps to 100k. Now I am trying to get my hp back to 100k, one option is a split str-vit roll in my chest armor. Another option is more vit on my amulet and/or % life roll.

06/16/2013 08:12 PMPosted by mech
No Grandfather? Im disapointed...

Oh, he's sitting safe in my stash. I really wish that sword had a socket, maybe blizz will finally add a socket quest in the item patch? Of course this could cause problems for those who's items already have sockets. Maybe they will get the option to reroll or upgrade one of their stats instead?

You realize you stacked about 3-4x EHP than you need and -entirely- gimped your dps, yeah?

Your character is absolutely terrible, you shouldn't feel good about this at all.

Sure you'll survive pretty much anything...but so can my barb at 2.5x your dps and 1/4th your ehp.

I don't know how you do it, but I died a few times when farming mp10 elites with friends. Also I would not be able to get more than another 25k dps if I traded most of my ehp away since people are so obsessed with dps and the cost is crazy. Ehp is far cheaper so might as well take advantage of that. 100k dps may be terrible to an elite player like you, but I never thought i'd get that kind of dps before item patch or expansion. I don't dual wield credit cards.

06/16/2013 10:16 PMPosted by Sinnermighty
Don't worry he can carry Mp6 ubers!

I can carry mp10 in a group of 3 or 4 since monster health doesn't scale 1:1 also the last time I did uber mp10, my friend died and I was able to res him without getting killed myself. My other friend was surprised I res him when he was right next to the uber, lol.

06/17/2013 06:58 AMPosted by tomcruise
ehp is the new dps bro

True, more ehp means less time wasted dying and kiting.

06/17/2013 08:57 AMPosted by Taco5
Op, it would be awesome to tell us what your goal is with this stuff. Are you trying to build something that's good at farming ubers, DEs, legendaries, experience, pvp or just pure novelty? You say your ammy and ring are bis, but they have low strength, no avg damage, crit damage, or attack speed. Your setup doesn't have rltw, rend, op:ks or hota. Just confused on where you're going with all this or if you're just supertroll.

Average damage is nearly useless, I don't even want it on my hellfire as the dps calculator says it's worth about as much as 15 cd. I much rather roll 30-50 cd in that slot. I have been trying very hard to find a better kaleidoscope amulet, but they are 500m and up. I may be able to snag one for around 100m with a split str-vit roll instead of split int-vit roll. I tried rltw a while ago, the tornados did practically nothing. Can try again today. Marathon lets me run faster and further.
Reply Quote
is this going to be another top barbs around thread?
Reply Quote
Well I like my build with buffed stats little over 200k DPS that is without WoTB also and 2.2m EHP, works great for living through anything and clears trash, melee elites fast.
Reply Quote
@Ace, I hoped that you were watching how I was playing, and could eventually learn how to do the same.

Honestly, I was impressed that you could survive as well as you did in general, you only had one or two deaths as far as I recall, however you did need to stop and wait in order to pop health pots several times.

Your problem is that you're gearing towards the expectation that you can just facetank the nastiest elite affixes, even when you're frozen or jailed, etc. It's just not practical, and I'd imagine it'd require around 5m+ ehp to really be possible.

The reason that people with lower defenses than you can survive better is because healing is critical. You need both EHP and healing, but the key to staying in the fight and dealing sustained damage is healing at a faster rate than the damage is being dealt against you. You accomplish that through DPS and lifesteal. Until you realize this, you will remain at disproportionately low DPS levels, and yet will still rely on health potions.and have deaths.

This is the only time I'm going to attempt to seriously explain this to you, it's up to you to take your blinders off and understand why nearly everyone else is gearing the way they are.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 6/17/2013 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
when seriously going for ehp, life regen can't be beat when having lower lifesteal and doing less damage.
Reply Quote
<3
Reply Quote

Average damage is nearly useless, I don't even want it on my hellfire as the dps calculator says it's worth about as much as 15 cd. I much rather roll 30-50 cd in that slot. I have been trying very hard to find a better kaleidoscope amulet, but they are 500m and up. I may be able to snag one for around 100m with a split str-vit roll instead of split int-vit roll. I tried rltw a while ago, the tornados did practically nothing. Can try again today. Marathon lets me run faster and further.

That's because you are imbalanced. You should have about 450 crit damage, you have 280. Once you are there, average damage really kicks in and is one of the most important things you can have. For me, the avg damage stat on my ring alone is worth 56 crit damage. But you are right, it is not a question of one or the other, you need both. Roll str. ammys, get one with high crit chance and high crit damage and use that until you get the rest of the stats you want.

Your tornados don't seem to do much damage becuase you are not geared correctly (for that spec). Missing attack speed, crit damage, average damage. There are many guides on this. The only way to do consistent top-end damage as a barb is with the tornados and hota and you have neither.
Reply Quote
How dare you speak to the Grandfather of barbarians like that!
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 10:39 AMPosted by Ace
Try 1-2 minutes and I do die every 5-10 elites. No idea how more glassy barbs survive, I die in 1-2 seconds from the most difficult elites. I usually farm MP5 where elites die in about 30 seconds and I die maybe once every 2 runs.

There's something wrong with this picture, and people are trying to explain to you what it is.

I'll reiterate what Silverfire said, with a personal illustration. I can be completely surrounded in mp10 fields of misery, with elites attacking, and trees around the outside pouring in their poison flowers, but I don't die. Why not, despite having much less ehp than you? It's because I heal faster than I lose health. Yes, this is mp10. And those same elites go down in far less than 1-2 minutes. I have enough ehp, enough being the key word, and I do sufficient damage that life steal will almost always heal me.

Here's another example: as long as I have rend:bl up in the seige/kulle fight, I can *gain* health when seige picks me up.

I'm not trying to boast, I'm trying to explain that a sole focus on ehp will not enable you to get through the game.
Reply Quote
LOL. You still die on mp10 quite frequently? That's pathetic.

I have what, 1/6th your ehp and I don't die on most of my runs on MP10 Ubers/Keywarden.

You wasted every bit of your gold man and still can't farm, hope you feel good :)
Reply Quote
Life steal is how people survive with low eHP that is really it. High crit with LS will heal you tremendous amount when you hit those high dps. Good luck, don't play to do what others want but to have fun for yourself.
Reply Quote
View profile
@OP

Ignore the bashing comments and listen carefully to the helpful advice you are getting. It was good that you posted here because it will stop you from travelling any further down the dead end road you are on now. EHP is important up to a point (avoiding getting one-shot and living through disables), but then it's all about DPS and sustain.

If I can solo anything on MP10 with 1.2m EHP without dying, then there is literally no benefit of doubling or even tripling my EHP. Your EHP is already well beyond overkill, but your DPS and sustain are an issue. It also seems like you are not familiar with some critical break-points and build mechanics, so read the guides for insight there; the information provided in invaluable.

Sorry that you had to learn the hard way, but at least you learned. Best of luck regearing.
Edited by AZsnowstorm#1818 on 6/17/2013 4:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok guys, here's an update. I checked diabloprogress(in America) to see if any upgrades are possible. Been spending 1-2 hours a day farming the AH for upgrades and I think this is it, I am maxed out!

Helm: BIS for ehp. Best non crit str+dex+vit helm. Diabloprogress shows one above mine but has far less dex than mine.

Chest armor: BIS with Diabloprogress item score of 701. This surprised me since it has no innate primary stat, but the enormous armor and 6% melee+range damage reduce must make it BIS.

Shoulders: Using one with very high health globe bonus along with dex+vit roll. Have other shoulders in stash.

Amulet: Upgraded this one, gained thousands in dps and life. I do miss the nearly 600 life regeneration, that amulet is sitting in stash. Best monofecta amulet in game.

Rings: Oculus ring is 2nd best in America. Still trying to roll a better hellfire!

Gloves: BIS with pickup radius. Replacing pickup radius with a high vit roll or any ias/cd roll costs anywhere from 100m to 2b. I need pickup radius in 1 slot and this is it.

Bracers: I think im giving up on an upgrade in this slot till item patch. The price is nuts above 4.5% crit chance. My only other option is str+vit+ar+x where x can be armor, crit chance(yea right!) pickup radius, health globes, life regen, etc.

Belt: BIS dex/vit split roll belt with Diabloprogress item score of 574.

Pants: BIS and 3rd best with a high armor roll. Bought those a few months back, checked for upgrades and there was one with 80 resists instead of my high armor roll. It went for hundreds of millions!

Skorn: It's in stash at the moment as I am trying a DW build. My skorn is BIS and perfect 340 str, 340 vit, 198% cd and 1331dps. No other skorn beats mine statwise, only in glassy dps.

Boots: Upgraded those, traded high health globes for 12% move. Not quite BIS due to the somewhat low str and vit roll, but got a great deal on those. Not gonna spend 500m for another 30 stats.

Next goal: trying very hard to get a better hellfire roll. No luck so far. If my current hellfire is as good as it gets, there's a good chance ill be able to afford a better one in the AH after item patch. Won't be needing the exp as ill be at or near p100 by the time item patch arrives. Should hit 110-125k dps(unbuffed) and health with over 2.5m ehp before item patch and after item patch, I could be looking up to 150k dps/health and over 3m ehp!
Reply Quote
Bro, chill. You are only displaying your ignorance and it's amusing for everyone else.

This game is about balancing dps, life steal and ehp. Ehp becomes less important - to a point - the more dps and lifesteal you have.

I only have 400k ehp. I almost never die when farming mp7 and still rarely die on mp10.
Reply Quote
06/28/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Ace
Gloves: BIS with pickup radius. Replacing pickup radius with a high vit roll or any ias/cd roll costs anywhere from 100m to 2b. I need pickup radius in 1 slot and this is it.

Frostburn Gauntlets.

/thread
Reply Quote
View profile
*Begins to raise finger to object*

Never mind...
Reply Quote
06/29/2013 02:13 AMPosted by Bugs

Frostburn Gauntlets.

/thread

RK rolled perfect ones and I cried.
Reply Quote
View profile
my pvp set is 3.9m ehp with 115k dps and it took me about 350m to build.

not quite sure what youre bragging about here.
Reply Quote
my pvp set is 3.9m ehp with 115k dps and it took me about 350m to build.

not quite sure what youre bragging about here.

115k buffed dps? I get almost 200k buffed dps with this DW setup and over 250k with skorn. Shields are going for next to nothing since they are useless outside PvP in softcore. All my gear combined is worth perhaps half a billion and I could not do much better even if I had 5 billion. I did an uber run minutes ago with 2 others who aren't properly geared. They are way too glassy and kept dying. I tried to res them but the undead king kept teleporting to me so I had to suicide to refresh nv stacks and repeat. The uber run would have gone faster and smoother if they had half the dps and twice the ehp, I am serious.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]