Diablo® III

Video Hardware Error

Had no problems until recently with monitor freezing up and going into Power Save Mode. Only happens during gameplay. GeForce 530, checked everything that needs to be checked, running 318 driver all up to date. I have to completely shut down the PC and restart and launch D3 all over. Happens randomly and often, seems to happen more so when in a game with several other plyrs and high activity. Help, suggestions?
Reply Quote
View profile
have you tried any different video card drivers?
have you tried different power profiles?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
The advice given is good. About all I can add is to also be sure to clean the PC to remove any dust that could lead to overheating. That can contribute to lockups as can power supply issues. If you find it happens when the card is under heavy use that could be part of it.
Reply Quote
View profile
06/17/2013 09:49 AMPosted by MissCheetah
The advice given is good. About all I can add is to also be sure to clean the PC to remove any dust that could lead to overheating. That can contribute to lockups as can power supply issues. If you find it happens when the card is under heavy use that could be part of it.

a good program to check for overheating is HW Monitor. still make sure to clean your computer once in a while though :P dust is electroconductive and can ruin computers even without the insulating qualities.
http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/1.22-setup.exe
it will allow you to check the temperatures of your various devices.
Edited by Morogoth#1321 on 6/17/2013 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]