Diablo® III

I hate to make this topic but .. ladder.....

i dont play softcore so i wouldnt know how often ppl buy from RMAH.

I think this is an excellent point. I don't play SC either, yet here we are in the HC forums with a discussion about ladder and the topic has moved towards the RMAH.

I think that says something about how the RMAH has effected this game.
Reply Quote
^ Definitely .

I was just coming from general with all the softcore people so i felt like i needed to add it in. It is a huge part of the game for sure even if its not in HC. Just trying to cover most angles I can come up with so I can make it look like ladder is a better solution then not having one at all.

Not that it means anything but I just asked the 29 people online on my friends list if ladder came out tomorrow would you remake .

29 of them said yes and some of them used cap lock. lol
Edited by Yukmout#1681 on 6/17/2013 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Me and my friends would like to see a selffound ladder mode, HC and SC, without AH and trade window disabled! We were discussing this for quite some time.

Needs: Seperate Public games also for this, and friends on contactlist can only join this mode if they started it, so seperate chars. So 5+ additional char slots for this selffound ladder mode pls.

One can choose to start such a ladder in char creation, so no chars deleted, no gear lost.

New and fresh game mode! Let the hunt begin...

It sounds like your friends just want a way to play by themselves. Here's some help: don't join public games. Remove friends from your list who don't play like you do.

The people thirsting for self-found mode crack me up a little. Even if you get a little indicator that says you're self found (which is nothing but an ego boost for masochists who want the world to recognize that they are special) what happens when I drop a blue item and you pick it up to salvage it? You'll loose your little icon and cry. I will laugh.

New and fresh troll mode! Let the lulz begin!
Reply Quote
Self found mode will happen... Offline only mode with lan connection .. Sounds like OPEN battle.net. Like it should have been!
Reply Quote
Me and my friends would like to see a selffound ladder mode, HC and SC, without AH and trade window disabled! We were discussing this for quite some time.

Needs: Seperate Public games also for this, and friends on contactlist can only join this mode if they started it, so seperate chars. So 5+ additional char slots for this selffound ladder mode pls.

One can choose to start such a ladder in char creation, so no chars deleted, no gear lost.

New and fresh game mode! Let the hunt begin...

It sounds like your friends just want a way to play by themselves. Here's some help: don't join public games. Remove friends from your list who don't play like you do.

The people thirsting for self-found mode crack me up a little. Even if you get a little indicator that says you're self found (which is nothing but an ego boost for masochists who want the world to recognize that they are special) what happens when I drop a blue item and you pick it up to salvage it? You'll loose your little icon and cry. I will laugh.

New and fresh troll mode! Let the lulz begin!

omg that cracked me up so much.

im gonna save a vileward and troll a "self found" person with it. see if he gives it back or keeps it.
Reply Quote
I dont know how trolling caught on as much as it did but i wish people were instantly banned for it.
Reply Quote
i dont see any trolling in diablo3 unless you think being plvl1 with 20kdps in MP3-5 public games = trolling. then yeah i see alot of trolling going on.

but staying current topic : should be a ladder :)
Reply Quote
I meant more of IN the forums of diablo 3 .

But yes ladder = win for players and win for blizzard!
Reply Quote
Please do not dare resetting ladder before you fix the gold sink / Itemization, or it will be as garbage as the game is right now. AH will be flooded etc.
Reply Quote
How would it get flooded if it only had half the time to fill and like ive said many times before, everyone knows what they need to play this game. Bad loot wont get spammed in the ladder ah or it just wont sell.
Reply Quote
I support the ladder.

However, I feel it almost pointless to run a ladder with an AH/trade environment. So many will go out of their ways to ruin the work that many put in by simply swiping credit cards, flipping the AH, botting, or buying loot from external websites. It would be truly hard to validate those who earned their place, and those who purchased it. Maybe Bliz could find a way to do this and make it worth the time.

There should be a second ladder with no AH, trading, or using loot that was not found by the account. There would need to be a measure to prevent the use of non found loot such as something a party member dropped on the floor.
Reply Quote
I dont mind if someone is willing to drop the loot. No trade window or ah would be cool but I dont want to sound like one of those self found posts. We were all self found at some point.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I don't have a problem with either way. If someone wants to play self found, or AH their way to the top, more power to them. I have personally done a little bit of both. I have recently moved on to hardcore self found and boy is it a lot of fun.

The true problem with acquiring loot by other means, is tracking whether it was done fairly and legally by the TOS agreement. Obviously botting and external sites are not legal, but are running viral in the SC world AH and RMAH. I think that would take away from someone's achievements in that type of ladder, fairly or unfairly, due to the uncertainty. That is, unless a means is created by Bliz to ensure those in the ladder are playing by the rules.
Edited by KevMama#1137 on 6/17/2013 6:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
06/17/2013 05:15 PMPosted by Yukmout
Self found mode will happen... Offline only mode with lan connection .. Sounds like OPEN battle.net. Like it should have been!

They didn't wanna make open b.net because of all the hacking going around in D2. Or something of that sort.
Reply Quote
i honestly thought open b.net was for hacking...if it wasnt then mind = blown
Reply Quote
Ladders? Yes please. But I would play it only with an optional self found mode.
Reply Quote
View profile
All White mode Ladder! Go!
Reply Quote
GET A JOB
Reply Quote
GET A GIRLFRIEND
Reply Quote
Please no, but I am willing to bet that blizzard will implement it either way. My reasoning is because, in my opinion, there is no need for a ladder. Ladders will further stratify our small community. Have you tried to find mp 0 act 3 run recently? Have you tried to level through out the game purely in pugs? Have you tried to PVP ? All of these things are hard to do with our already small player base and to split it down even further will not be very fun. I very much enjoy playing with others and this change will only reduce the people I am able to play with. Also, from other threads, it will allow botters and other third party sites to flourish once again, due to the spike in demand when a new ladder is put into place, which I am not for supporting. The anti thesis would be that the new competition and the clean slate is desired by other players. This argument is completely logical and acceptable, but again there may be another issues too, the judgment and "elitist" nature of ladder characters. We already have an issue with hc players thinking they are better than sc players, if we add a ladder these players may use that as point of discrimination towards other players who are not ladder hc, and dis value their opinions. My thinking behind. If you do add ladder, and i believe it will come, i will not participate what so ever.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]