Diablo® III

I hate to make this topic but .. ladder.....

A ladder reset is necessary for the following reasons:

1) Implementing a ladder reset allows players to find a different challenge. That challenge could be something as simple as being the first to beat Hardcore, the first to 100, etc.

2) It removes the known dupes from the server -- this applies specifically to Softcore, but I wouldn't put it past certain Hardcore players from having duped items in the past. Not sure what Blizzard has done to fix this plague of duplication in the last couple of months, but I hope they are wising up and finally doing something about it.

3) Fresh items, different group methodologies, an opportunity for a fresh start (goes back to the first reason as well).

And to be honest, if Blizzard implements a ladder reset, I'm coming back. If not, well it's not really my loss. It's Blizzards. I'm one of the many who quit because of their stubborn refusal to remove the known dupers and to fix their incredibly short-sighted DRM demands.
Reply Quote
This game has progressed by leaps and bounds from the initial game we all started fresh with on may 15th 2012. With the new crafting and mp levels its makes a fresh economy sound very fun to experience.

Once they bring out the new itemization patch late this year or early 2014 the game will be even more enjoyable Imo.

Adding a ladder system to wipe the economy and give us all a new way to compete sounds like a great addition to me. I have always hoped that they would add a ladder and it sounds like they may be considering it with some of the discussion that happened in the link the Blue posted earlier in this thread. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they eventually add in a ladder :-)
Reply Quote
i think its something they should put in after the expansion or years down the road.

-right now we dont need a ladder, hardcore is easy to make it to the top.
-itemization 2.0 will be that ladder, as last time there was a big item change it pretty much invalidated most of the old gear.
-kinda kills what we have now. no one ever plays non-ladder characters, so its basically a soft-delete of your old toons
-wont change a thing. the best guys now will still be the best if they want to be. seems like every guy who just picked the game back up after a year hiatus wants an easy way to "catch back up". yeah? you should have been playing like us loyal fans :P. we'll still have all the gearing knowledge and farmign efficiencies at our disposal :P.
Edited by Isolation#1274 on 6/18/2013 3:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Is there any legit reasons to not get this implemented? In general discussion you cant really tell if the guy made it just to troll everyone because it looks like they actually put some thought into it. I hear this "I dont want to lose my gear or have my character deleted". Hc players are smarter than this right ? I cant even see the slightest downfall for ladder.

Anyone care to chime in?

Personally, I have been playing since May 12, when the game just came out I played self-found through all the quests, experimented with different builds, took the time to listen to "stories" and watched the movies (story wise), never exploited any of the many bugs and there were so many of those (so basically, I never cared about the "race" coz.. well the race was won by exploiters and gold buyers anyhow so who cares about it).
Now, after a year of playing, after leveling a lot of heroes there is simply nothing good about the ladder to me, it will not offer any new content and will insted divide the already small playerbase (HC), I don't want to go back to "school" I have evolved hence I encourage new challanges (content) as opposed to the ones I have already faced so many times in the past....
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Grimiku
What's the reason you'd like to see ladders in Diablo III?

competition. this is a game. we wanna compete. or see how we compare to those at the top
Reply Quote
Better dig up this post I made about ladders...didn't you troll me in it?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9309641421?page=3#49

If one is implemented (finally) and I suspect it will....it must be done VERY careful so as not to screw over the core, dedicated player base. I always find it funny how most people who demand ladders are NOT top players
Reply Quote
1. RMAH i highly doubt it would crash. On D2 alot of people played ladder but there was alot of people that did not bother playing ladder as well. 2. Ladder put in both sc and hc similar to D2 would give people pride again for farming and leveling and keep things interesting. The vets are going to roll through the game ladder or no same as on D2. But with a hard reset there will once again be death and mayhem 1-60 and prly into the paras as well until like in D2 the good high lvl gear starts to flood again.
Reply Quote
a ladder reset will not solve the problems with the game....

What's the reason you'd like to see ladders in Diablo III?

competition. this is a game. we wanna compete. or see how we compare to those at the top

compete with the RMAH/3rd party sites around? what do you want to compete for? who can click the buyout button faster?

and why the need for ladder in hardcore?
Edited by Shdwflare#1288 on 6/18/2013 8:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
We want to compete and because the game was released in a beta state so many things have broken the economy faster than it should have. Obviously prices will always get inflated and stuff will happen, but due to an early release this happened much faster than normal.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We're happy to collect your feedback on ladder systems, and Lylirra reminded me of a thread on general discussion where we're doing just that. For those of you that want to share feedback on what should be in the ladder system, please use this thread to share your ideas. Here is a quote from Lylirra with some great questions to help get you started.

What exactly would you want from a ladder system? For example:

- How would you ideally like that system to work?

- How long would you like the resets to be?

- How many characters do you think players should be able to create for ladders? (Do you think they should take up the existing slots you have?)

- Should there be an auction house for ladder characters?

- Should there be any special items or perks for ladder-only characters? If so, what kind?

- What kind of restrictions, if any, should be placed on ladder characters?

- Do think players should be able to bring their ladder characters into "non-ladder" once a reset is complete?

- Is it necessary for ladders to be competitive, or is it enough for players to just see for themselves how far they can go on their own?

- Why would ladders improve your in-game experience?
Reply Quote
1 of 2 (see next post)
- How would you ideally like that system to work?

Nothing ground breaking, the old system was popular for a reason.
Clear start. Ladder only items, recipes, mats, potions etc.

Once a ladder system is added, other ladder systems can be implemented. After experimenting with a ladder system with only new items, you can experiment with ladder systems with

a) increased stats for mobs (+x% hp, dmg, movespeed), additional affix for champion packs (so maximum of 5, or maybe 6 for packs? go nuts.), make EVERY mob with 1 or 2 affixes (some of them would need tweaking obviously), introduce immunity (immune to cold, fire, physical. just don't overdo it). Basically, harder mobs. Should obviously involve better gear. And not just +X% MF, just unique drops to this ladder.

b) uber ladders (uber bosses can spawn randomly in acts, accompanied by 2-4 champion packs. Champion packs have anywhere from 5 to 10 mobs at any given time. Unique mobs are always accompanied by other unique mobs. Reduced density of trash mobs. The idea is to create a boss-fight ladder. Several things need to be adjusted obviously, such as drop rate and NV system.

Race ladders

a) hardcore race
Once you die it's over, ladder style. Your character does NOT get transferred into 'normal' hardcore if you die, only If you reach one of the goals. First one to reach level 60, paragon 50 and 100 could get a title, aura, aestetic wings etc. This can reset once someone reaches paragon 100, and there can be multiple ladders active at one given time. Also, the time of creation for ladder should be visible as well from a 'ladder list', but not a list of active players inside it and their level. So people would still have a reason to join an older ladder - since someone at a high paragon level may have died, and you would still have a chance.

b) regular race
First one to reach paragon 100 wins. After that ladder resets itself. Relevant rules from hardcore ladder apply to here as well. [The rewards such as titles etc. need to be different in both races]

Once a race is over on regular ladders, every active player in that ladder gets a message that the ladder will close in an hour (or more). During that time window, by speaking to a certain NPC, everyone else can get buffed into paragon level 100, and receive top-end gear for an hour. The winner of the race receives the special title-armor-aura-wings etc., (but not the top-end gear) and stands in the middle of a PVP/brawling arena, in invulnerability mode. Everyone else can then queue for a death-match brawling, and once you die you are kicked off from the ladder. The final man alive may then speak to the winner, and will receive a (less awesome) aesthetic aura that he or she can carry into the normal game.

The winner of course gets to transfer as well.
Edited by Furude#2569 on 6/18/2013 12:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
2 of 2 (see prev. post)
- How long would you like the resets to be?

1 to 6 months depending on the ladder, or when someone reaches paragon 100 on race ladders.

- How many characters do you think players should be able to create for ladders? (Do you think they should take up the existing slots you have?)

- Should there be an auction house for ladder characters?

No absolutely not. Furthermore, the ladder-only items should be non-auctionable and non-tradable.

- Should there be any special items or perks for ladder-only characters? If so, what kind?

Refer to first answer.

- What kind of restrictions, if any, should be placed on ladder characters?

You can only make a limited amount of characters per ladder. 1 for race ladders (If your hardcore character dies during a race, you may re-do another one), 2 for regular ladders. Trading is not allowed inside ladders (since If the AH is disabled, If you allow trading this may attract 3rd party websites).

- Do think players should be able to bring their ladder characters into "non-ladder" once a reset is complete?

Only If they meet the criteria. Regular ladder characters may bring their characters, as well the items. Like mentioned above, ladder-only items should become character bound.

For the race ladders, normal characters do not transfer into regular realms once that particular race is over, except for the winner and the final survivor of the death-match. For hardcore race ladders, only people who reach certain threshold may transfer their characters to HC.

- Is it necessary for ladders to be competitive, or is it enough for players to just see for themselves how far they can go on their own?

Competition is awesome for race ladders. Even for non-race ladders I'm sure there will be people competing for all kinds of stuff (most ladder-only items collected, highest DPS in a ladder season, highest EHP in a season etc..)

- Why would ladders improve your in-game experience?

Ladder-only items, bragging rights, competitive game, feeling that I'm living in a dangerous world that will end up soon, so everything I do counts and matters.

Love from EU realms,
Furude.
Edited by Furude#2569 on 6/18/2013 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Personally, I don't want to see a ladder in d3, this game is not d2. If people want it to be like d2 so much I think they should just go play d2....d2 was only really fun in patch 1.09 (hardcore d2 fans will agree to this ), and ladder was not even implemented at that point. Instead of a ladder, I want to see something new and exciting, not the same !@#$ we saw in d2. I don't want d3 to become d2 with better graphics.
Reply Quote
What's the point of doing ladder resets when any fool can get p100 in no time with the herpdurptarded unnecessary XP buffs the last 2 patches. Used to be, if you wanted better loot, you play higher MP but the catch is you level slower. If you just wanted those plvls as fast as possible, you grinded where you could slaughter the fastest. Now it's just "duhhhh we need an overawe monk in this MP10 game, I only getting 570 bajillion xp/hr, I'd like to be getting 740 bajillion."

I like the idea of starting fresh and regearing and having to play with your own drops and crafts but they are working on xpac and itemization. If you wanna race to 60(100) with you friends, brim all your gear, give away all your gold, delete your chars and bam, have fun. In fact you could even do this in an organized fashion right here on the forums.

inb4 but but, i don wanna do dat, i want bwizz to do it fwor me and gimmee teh wadders.
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 04:07 PMPosted by Yukmout
TBH why wasnt it put into this game to begin with? Even Blizzard would make a KILLING on a fresh AH every 6 - 8 months when the resets happen .

because of one single person who demanded that FUN is always the SAME to EVERYONE; thus, a 2-star game was born.
Reply Quote
About the comment with 'Just play D2 if you want this game to be more like D2'. What person goes out and plays on the first Xbox just because it has a game that didn't get sent over to Xbox360? Only the seriously dedicated fan. And no, I'm not talking about playing Super Mario Bros and SNES because that game was and always will be amazing.

On to the point. I say make a ladder, Blizzard. D2 had it, and it was a great way to do some spring cleaning. This game NEEDS a ladder reset cycle. Out with the old, in with the new. Personally, I think (or at least wishfully hope) it would save the D3 economy by flushing out old and pointless gold/items in the AH. $0.25 x 10,000,000 gold? Come on... I used to think gold was a big deal when D3 first came out. Now it's take whatever number this item is worth and add 2 or 3 zeros to it now due to hyperinflation.

The WoW economy was great because at least their gold numbers didn't skyrocket at the rate D3 has gone since release. The AH alone would make it worth it.

Just don't call it a Ladder for the people who want to hold on to their 500 dollar's worth of virtual stuff. Call it a D3 flush patch haha. Maybe this will get people to act a little more wiser on the AH (lord knows I've spent pointless money/gold on it).

Blizzard, it's not just a good idea. D3 NEEDS a ladder for more reasons than just mine.
Reply Quote
because of one single person who demanded that FUN is always the SAME to EVERYONE; thus, a 2-star game was born.

so they made the game as simple as possible because they needed to fulfill the "FUN is always the SAME" motto. Therefore, the game needs a ladder ASAP because the game, right now, is very hollow. We don't have anything much to do, right now. Everyone was/has been having the same fun and that's pretty much it in this game.

In short, the simplified content of this game killed itself.
Edited by MisterAjikko#1937 on 6/18/2013 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No ladder reset pls this is not COD.. It's a RPG not some competitive BS...
Reply Quote
i forgot to say, i support ladders.

because i don't want to stick with having the same yet not quite old but already bored out boring "fun" that all we can do in this game. Anything is fine, a ladder or whatever new content, I'm just tired of this one and only way to enjoy the game-- farming for upgrades and upgrades endlessly and then browse AHs and rinse and repeat. Just give us something new instead of this boring "fun". This is no way looked like a diablo series but a ONRY SUBSET of it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]