Diablo® III

I hate to make this topic but .. ladder.....

06/17/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Grimiku
What's the reason you'd like to see ladders in Diablo III?

Because ladders are what kept Diablo 2 competitive, and without one, the game simply doesn't feel like the Diablo I grew to love. I've been playing the Diablo series since 1996, and as a vet pro gamer, I will tell you that you need to put this in the game or your game will die.
Reply Quote
It's not a new thing for me to feel this way but i'm really beginning to believe what ruined this game is the forums .

People posting with other game accounts should not ever be possible.

People reporting good posts constantly should be banned just as fast.

People just complaining about how bad the game is when its not bad at all.

People trolling should = instant ban

Actually i'm done with these forums. Ill post trades but never again for a thread for people to discuss things.

Good day , I quit ..... the forums.
Reply Quote
I do not like the "reset" idea, that's all. I play video games for fun only. I could see softcore getting reset, but I don't think its a great idea for HC.
Reply Quote
I do however, support other ideas for the ladder. I would like to see finesse as a factor, and not gold spent, gear, time played.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 03:04 PMPosted by Corrupt
I do however, support other ideas for the ladder. I would like to see finesse as a factor, and not gold spent, gear, time played.

What do you mean by finesse? Do you mean "having more" fights like Belial, where personal reflex is really important to dodge deadly attacks?

IMO, that's how the game should have looked more like. Deadly attacks that gives you an opportunity to dodge them. Well, we already have those, but we also have aberration such as Jailer and Nightmarish that takes control away from your Hero without warning... and might prevent you from dodging a must-dodge attack.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 03:08 PMPosted by DoomBringer

What do you mean by finesse? Do you mean "having more" fights like Belial, where personal reflex is really important to dodge deadly attacks?

IMO, that's how the game should have looked more like. Deadly attacks that gives you an opportunity to dodge them. Well, we already have those, but we also have aberration such as Jailer and Nightmarish that takes control away from your Hero without warning... and might prevent you from dodging a must-dodge attack.

Yes :)
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 12:21 PMPosted by Sephiroth
Personally, I don't want to see a ladder in d3, this game is not d2. If people want it to be like d2 so much I think they should just go play d2....d2 was only really fun in patch 1.09 (hardcore d2 fans will agree to this )

I will not. Ladders were the reason I played d2 after 1.09 ( and still are) They are completly optional so you don't have to play them, but let me enjoy the game how I like.
Ladders give me a reason to fresh start the same game. competitive play, races and REASON to play item hunt H&S after obtaining best items so in this case, item hunt never ends. What is better, ladders in d3 would be better becouse of possible new stuff from patch with next reset.
Reply Quote
how ironic, I play this game because I used to think that it would have looked like D2... and to be precise, I was expecting it to be a superset of D2. It ended up that I am playing a game, seemingly a subset of D2.

Superset: With respect to another set, a set such that each of the elements of the other set is also an element of the set.
e.g.
The set of characters "LBPG" is a superset of the set of characters "PG".

Subset: With respect to another set, a set such that each of its elements is also an element of the other set.
e.g.
The set of integers is a subset of the set of reals.
The set {a, b} is a both a subset and a proper subset of {a, b, c} while the set {a, b, c} is a subset of {a, b, c} but not a proper subset of {a, b, c}.
Reply Quote
Ladder obviously have mixed opinions. Judging by the 29 pages of the "official ladder page" thingy, it is neither highly nor poorly rated.
Reply Quote
I do not want another friggin ladder ,it was for me the worst part of D2, to each his own but I hate getting a char.leveled and powerful just to reset it and try to find equipment .make it a stand alone option for those who want it but leave me out of it.Prolly saying the same as some others here but I don't like ladder.
Reply Quote
It's not a new thing for me to feel this way but i'm really beginning to believe what ruined this game is the forums .

People posting with other game accounts should not ever be possible.

People reporting good posts constantly should be banned just as fast.

People just complaining about how bad the game is when its not bad at all.

People trolling should = instant ban

Actually i'm done with these forums. Ill post trades but never again for a thread for people to discuss things.

Good day , I quit ..... the forums.

^
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
Log out is that way, (never seen a forum rage quitter before)
Edited by Smithey77#2936 on 6/18/2013 4:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 04:01 PMPosted by skipwilson
I do not want another friggin ladder ,it was for me the worst part of D2, to each his own but I hate getting a char.leveled and powerful just to reset it and try to find equipment .make it a stand alone option for those who want it but leave me out of it.Prolly saying the same as some others here but I don't like ladder.

isn't ladder an option in D2 too? I mean... in the character creation screen in d2, you can uncheck that "ladder" box when you select your Class, right?
Reply Quote
The nice thing about ladders?

Instead of being forced into the "6 cc mempo or bust" mentality, we can actually be content with helmets that don't stack dps on dps on dps
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 02:32 PMPosted by Demiwraith
Like give me a break here THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE!

There's always a downside. Typically the big downsides for something like this include the fact that there are other things that resources can better be spent on, and partitioning the player base . That second one is particularly a concern, because of how small the player base is for HC right now. I've opened up a game to the public on MP-5 and gotten no takers before. You'd have to wonder how many fewer people I'd have to play my current character with if a ladder existed.

I don't really have a strong opinion on ladder. Might be interesting. But there are always potential downsides to any large changes to a game.

Most people on hardcore do not play public, especially high mp public if they do not know someone for fear of dying. Most of my friends play closed games with invite only and I typically do the same. The exception is mp I know I can solo even with a full group.
Reply Quote
Its not about competing, Grim, its about flushing the items out of the game. No way I'm going to actually "compete" in getting to p100, I'm going to do it at my own pace.
Reply Quote
misterajiko, I didn't make my point correctly the new ladder rune words made it almost a must in D2 ,yes you can uncheck ladder but I don't want a ladder that almost feels mandatory because of this.Icompletly understand I will still have my n.l chars but as a lot of people here have stated it becomes a segregation of ladder non ladder ,why not leagues and some of the other sujestions create your own ladder , be honest with yourself about iron bound , rewards for pvp seasons but please not another ladder,to much "yor not a real player unless..." already so sorry I didn't make myself clear.
Reply Quote

- How many characters do you think players should be able to create for ladders? (Do you think they should take up the existing slots you have?)

- Should there be an auction house for ladder characters?

- Should there be any special items or perks for ladder-only characters? If so, what kind?

- Do think players should be able to bring their ladder characters into "non-ladder" once a reset is complete?

- Is it necessary for ladders to be competitive, or is it enough for players to just see for themselves how far they can go on their own?

- Why would ladders improve your in-game experience?

1. Maximum of ten, should not take up existing slots.

2. No Auction House but trading should be allowed and encouraged like in D2.

3. Yes, special-items that go into non-ladder.

4. Ladder characters would go to non-ladder after reset.

5. People play ladder for a lot of different reasons. Some play for competition, some play to obtain things they can't get in non-ladder and then there are those (the majority imo) who enjoy a fresh start.

6. Mainly I would like the opportunity of a fresh start
Reply Quote

But but, u have like 1k elites killed and no hc chars, how can u be any fresher than that ? or is it a fresh start for everyone else u want ??
Edited by Smithey77#2936 on 6/18/2013 5:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote

But but, u have like 1k elites killed and no hc chars, how can u be any fresher than that ? or is it a fresh start for everyone else u want ??

Tha is what most ladder supporters want, just for their own selfish reasons.
Ladder resets and AH removals do not help the game in any way at all.....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]