Diablo® III

I hate to make this topic but .. ladder.....

You don't have to play ladder to get ladder only items. After ladder reset the items flow into NL economy.

I have only read one post on this thread where someone understood this so far and I felt I had to say this.

I like ladders, while I may not be a TOP player, I have started playing HC because there is no fun left for me in SC.

There is somewhat of an item dump in HC so that's as close as I can get to a ladder atm.

But I would like a ladder system with resets with ladder items. Mainly so when ladder resets I can give any Ladder items I find to random people or friends that play NL. Like I did many times in D2.
For some reason I got off on that idk why lol.
Reply Quote
View profile
We're happy to collect your feedback on ladder systems, and Lylirra reminded me of a thread on general discussion where we're doing just that. For those of you that want to share feedback on what should be in the ladder system, please use this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9245745553?page=11#211"]thread [/url]to share your ideas. Here is a quote from Lylirra with some great questions to help get you started.

What exactly would you want from a ladder system? For example:

- How would you ideally like that system to work?

- How long would you like the resets to be?

- How many characters do you think players should be able to create for ladders? (Do you think they should take up the existing slots you have?)

- Should there be an auction house for ladder characters?

- Should there be any special items or perks for ladder-only characters? If so, what kind?

- What kind of restrictions, if any, should be placed on ladder characters?

- Do think players should be able to bring their ladder characters into "non-ladder" once a reset is complete?

- Is it necessary for ladders to be competitive, or is it enough for players to just see for themselves how far they can go on their own?

- Why would ladders improve your in-game experience?

I would like D3's ladder to be similar to Path of Exile's leagues. Where you would earn points for doing a variety of things. Where earning a small amount of points will award you with some gear. maybe an unidentified legendary x for y amount of points. The ones at the top would also get a special prize as well as all other prizes. I like it because at least you will get something even if you are not at the top of the ladder. Just playing D3 they way you normally would do on a ladder would at least get some sort of a reward for playing on the ladder.
Reply Quote

But but, u have like 1k elites killed and no hc chars, how can u be any fresher than that ? or is it a fresh start for everyone else u want ??

Tha is what most ladder supporters want, just for their own selfish reasons.
Ladder resets and AH removals do not help the game in any way at all.....

How does it affect you? It ruins your economy? Oh, that sounds pretty selfish. Ouch.
Reply Quote
You don't have to play ladder to get ladder only items. After ladder reset the items flow into NL economy.

I have only read one post on this thread where someone understood this so far and I felt I had to say this.

I like ladders, while I may not be a TOP player, I have started playing HC because there is no fun left for me in SC.

There is somewhat of an item dump in HC so that's as close as I can get to a ladder atm.

But I would like a ladder system with resets with ladder items. Mainly so when ladder resets I can give any Ladder items I find to random people or friends that play NL. Like I did many times in D2.
For some reason I got off on that idk why lol.

You do understand what you are saying, right? Basically, you are telling us this:

=> Non-ladder will not be able to find "Ladder" items.
=> Once a ladder season ends, the only way to get those items is through the AH or if some random guy is going to give it to you.
=> Making the AH mandatory to find those items.

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree with your point of view. What about NL players who do not wish the use the AH but want those items? You're just throwing oil in the fire.

How does it affect you? It ruins your economy? Oh, that sounds pretty selfish. Ouch.

=> I don't know if you support Ladder exclusives or not, but people supporting this idea are the selfish ones.
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 6/18/2013 6:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh yes please, take all my characters and move them to a different server so I can start all over again and try and put every moment I have back into this game so I can have as big a epeen as everyone else... Just so you can see your name on a list.

People get real! Do any of you that want this ladder know how long it takes to get to P100? Most of you who want this ladder will never see P100 in HC... ever! Just play the game and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing.

As you might guess, my vote is NO for a ladder.
Edited by Azamo#1477 on 6/18/2013 7:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 06:40 PMPosted by Azamo
People get real!

the enjoyment is not there at the end of the road. It exists during the time we participate.

having ladder, people start over, people play the game once more from sketch. race against each other to the end.
the progression is the enjoyment.

Now, please allow us to get FUN! Who cares what's real!
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Grimiku
Personally, I dig the idea of a ladder, but I lack the time to be competitive in one.

This is why I've always been an advocate of time-restricted ladders. With playtime capped at a set number of weekly hours it would be more about how efficient players are at the game than how little sleep they can get by on. For instance, there could be separate tiers for 10, 20, 30, or unlimited weekly hours.

The only drawback I can think of to this system would be the relative (to other requested additions) complexity of implementing it.
Edited by nthexwn#1102 on 6/18/2013 8:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you want to start fresh than make yourself a new character plain and simple.. What this game needs are more contents and not forcing a reset on everyone else characters that they've played for thousands of hrs...
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 10:36 PMPosted by Immortal
If you want to start fresh than make yourself a new character plain and simple.. What this game needs are more contents and not forcing a reset on everyone else characters that they've played for thousands of hrs...

I think this game needs both. New content in a long run. But right now, they should release some form of ladder or league to entertain people while they are working on the long run stuff. It just won't hurt.
Reply Quote
View profile
Oh yes please, take all my characters and move them to a different server so I can start all over again and try and put every moment I have back into this game so I can have as big a epeen as everyone else... Just so you can see your name on a list.

People get real! Do any of you that want this ladder know how long it takes to get to P100? Most of you who want this ladder will never see P100 in HC... ever! Just play the game and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing.

As you might guess, my vote is NO for a ladder.

Blizz has said that they do not want to make a ladder where it is based off of level. If they do like I said earlier. Basically copy and paste Path of Exile's ladder system and award players gear for earning x number of points. Where all players that have played during a season will get something for their efforts. Some special ladder only gear then players will have fun regardless of whether they got to paragon level 100 or not.

06/19/2013 01:05 AMPosted by MisterAjikko

I think this game needs both. New content in a long run. But right now, they should release some form of ladder or league to entertain people while they are working on the long run stuff. It just won't hurt.

I do believe that any ladder system will take just about as long to create as adding in more stuff to do at endgame and balancing classes. Along with maybe even fixing itemization. I do believe that a ladder at this point would only be a band aid and not a real fix.
Reply Quote
the problem whit ladder is that the people whit most free time wins the ladder
Reply Quote
ive commented previously but something else occured to me. i dont really care how high up in a ladder i am, i have a pretty top doc, paragon 100, high tier dps, but im not interested in constantly geting tiny upgrades to boost my way to the top of some arbitrary list. it was neat seeing progression for a while but i dont care much anymore, i know im decent.

but who will i play with? afterall, who plays non-ladder characters in D2? very few people.

this means that everyone who goes to the ladder will no longer be people i can play my p100 with, or even my monk, it invalidates all old gear.
afterall; you cannot have non-ladder characters playing with ladder characters any more than you can have softcore mixing with hardcore. imagine if as soon as a buddy of mine hit inferno on the ladder, he pairs up with me. i could quite literally carry anyone on mp5, and in that way, rush him to 100. that would invalidate any ladder statistics on levels, and he would also have huge mf and the *potential* to find better gear than the rest.

EDIT: a good way to do it, would be to reset the ladder the same idea items 2.0 comes out. it'll be like a brand new game at a time i would imagine all the die hards will be sick of it.
Edited by Isolation#1274 on 6/19/2013 7:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Can someone explain me in a few simple words what ladder is and what changes may bring? I cant follow these conversations, just clues here and there..
ty-
Reply Quote
ladder is a leaderboard. a reset would mean that if you want on the leaderboard, you cannot use any characters created before the ladder was reset. you will have to make a new character on the same day everyone else does, and climb your way to the top. basically a forced "everyone starts over"
Reply Quote

Tha is what most ladder supporters want, just for their own selfish reasons.
Ladder resets and AH removals do not help the game in any way at all.....

How does other people's items and paragon levels affect you? I don't see how a ladder reset is going to ruin my economy (oh, i have an economy, really), it's just a waste of time when the D3 staff can be doing other productive things
Edited by Shdwflare#1288 on 6/19/2013 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 07:17 AMPosted by Isolation
ladder is a leaderboard. a reset would mean that if you want on the leaderboard, you cannot use any characters created before the ladder was reset. you will have to make a new character on the same day everyone else does, and climb your way to the top. basically a forced "everyone starts over"

So you are telling me that all these threads are about ''show off '' and not a significant content?
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 07:17 AMPosted by Isolation

climb to the top? whats the top? lol
Reply Quote

climb to the top? whats the top? lol

could be paragon level, total elite kills, a measure of rarity of gear, or a measure of effectiveness of dps/eHP akin to heroscore on 3rd party websites like diabloprogress

how is that not obvious? :P

So you are telling me that all these threads are about ''show off '' and not a significant content?

exactly, my impression is that it is almost exclusively people who quit d3 last summer, came back in march and wonder why they arent the best geared player ever yet haha

i think many of us feel that it is just another example of blizzard catering to casuals, and ignoring their long time supporters. afterall, any changes made since its inception were no doubt at the suggestion of experienced players able to voice their concerns in areas the game lacks.

i mean just look at some of these suggestions, "limit playtime to 10-15 hours a week so that people with less time to play can keep up". what kind of BS is that? so ive got the entire week off and i can only play d3 for a couple afternoons so babies can keep up?
Edited by Isolation#1274 on 6/19/2013 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 07:32 AMPosted by Isolation
i mean just look at some of these suggestions, "limit playtime to 10-15 hours a week so that people with less time to play can keep up". what kind of BS is that? so ive got the entire week off and i can only play d3 for a couple afternoons so babies can keep up?

isnt that the same as ladder...lol
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 07:59 AMPosted by Shdwflare

isnt that the same as ladder...lol

yes...which is why i posted that...as an argument against ladders...can you even read?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]