Diablo® III

stuck at "checking for updates"

I can't seem to load my game, it's stuck at the window where it checks for updates every time before launching the game. It's not exactly stuck as it is still moving (the dots at the end of "checking for updates..." moves), however the progress bar is empty and have been empty for the past 10 minutes. I have tried restarting my laptop but it's still the same. It was alright when I played yesterday. Is there an issue with D3 or is it my laptop?
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
The sticky linked below has instructions for dealing with Launcher related issues:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8769297767

Follow the instructions in the section marked "Stuck at Initializing..." That should fix your Launcher and let you play.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
The sticky linked below has instructions for dealing with Launcher related issues:

Follow the instructions in the section marked "Stuck at Initializing..." That should fix your Launcher and let you play.

Thanks for the reply, but the thing is, I can't even get to the launcher, so it's not stuck at initializing, It's stuck at "checking for updates", even before the launcher is launched.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
06/19/2013 09:41 AMPosted by hippoink
Thanks for the reply, but the thing is, I can't even get to the launcher, so it's not stuck at initializing, It's stuck at "checking for updates", even before the launcher is launched.

The instructions for dealing with the Initializing and your situation are the same as they are both caused by the same issues within the Battle.net file structure.
Reply Quote

The instructions for dealing with the Initializing and your situation are the same as they are both caused by the same issues within the Battle.net file structure.

I have followed the instructions but it's still the same. I'm still stuck at "checking for updates..." and the progress bar doesn't move.
Reply Quote
Hippoink,

I was having a whole bunch of issues since I moved to a new place with new internet, and tried all of the suggestions from Blizzard and other forums folks for "initializing..." and "checking for updates..." and being prompted for admin credentials and having it fail whether i cancelled "you don't have permission" or put in the admin password "an error occured."

What worked for me:

Go into system preferences, network, go to your connection (ethernet or airport), advanced, DNS, and change your primary DNS server to 8.8.8.8 (google public DNS).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]