Diablo® III

Looking to solo Mp10 ubers

That is my ultimate goal and I know my gear needs some tweaking, specifically in the dmg department.

My first question is where would be the best places to pick up that dmg? I've got a pretty decent amount of gold to spend (a little over a billion). I'm pretty sure an soj will be my next purchase but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what else I should swap out for more tDPS without losing too much EHP.

Also, as far as spec goes, I've been bouncing back and forth between ww/bash and ww/hota trying to figure out which I enjoy the most. Is there a preferred spec to solo?

I have included the readout from d3rawr for a quick reference

Damage: 147232.03
tDPS: 601075
Effective Health: 675626
Life: 55354.32
Armor: 5382 (63.08%)
Strength: 2281
Dexterity: 179
Intelligence: 322
Vitality: 1068
Attacks per Second: 2.1158 / 2.2648
% Attack Speed Bonus: 34%
% Crit Chance: 52%
% Crit Damage: 438%
% DMG Increased by Skills: 0%
% Elemental Damage: 0%
% Life Bonus: 47%
Life on Hit: 299
Life Steal: 5.3%
All Resistance: 545 (63.38%)
Poison Resistance: 545 (63.38%)
Fire Resistance: 579 (64.77%)
Cold Resistance: 593 (65.32%)
Arcane Resistance: 545 (63.38%)
Lightning Resistance: 590 (65.2%)
Physical Resistance: 589 (65.16%)
% Dodge Chance: 11.98%
% Block Chance: 0%
% Melee Reduction: 9%
% Ranged Reduction: 0%
% Elite Reduction: 0%
Reply Quote
I won't comment on where to get more damage because you will succeed as you go. Just look at strong barb profiles for ideas. for MP10 ubers the safest (not fastest) way to solo them would have to be ww/rend-bloodlust. The tornadoes and rend keep you regenerating health constantly.
Reply Quote
I like to use http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahZURP!ZYX!bZZZYc for MP10 Ubers
Swap out Berseker Rage for Bloodlust if you're at less than 5.8% LS.

I think a pure HOTA or pure DTWW build would probably be better, though.

WW/RLTW will keep you mobile and helps your HP stay topped off. Slamming down HOTAs will fill you up quickly, too. Try to focus on hitting HOTAs when your Fury globe is topped off/close to full. Then you can either Bash or DTWW to fill it back up. The HOTA crits are really what seals the deal for you and the first couple of times I had to fight SB/Kulle I got killed after SB picked me up in some Tornadoes/or a Fireball being cast at me right away upon landing. So, I started focusing on Kulle and letting SB chase me. Fighting him with primarily DTWW so the tornadoes keep my HP topped off (as you would with Rend) and then slamming him with HOTA with high fury after he puts me down.

The other 2 fights were 1 shot, each. I think I could probably net more out of my Barb if I were to use my 3% IK Belt and Berserker Rage instead of Bloodlust, but because I am relying on DTWW - I want to keep my BPs where they are at.

As far as items - with 1B budget I guess I would suggest upgrading 2-3 major pieces. I would try to get a much stronger IK Chest, something at least 150/150 as a minimum to even start looking at. I agree with the SoJ. Drop that yellow ring and decide where you want to go with your build. If you do choose HOTA, I know for a fact that you can get a 6%/30%/-3 HOTA for about 250M (or closer to 200M if you use BID and not BIN) because I have been trying to sell my 6% fire one for about a week as the price as dropped from 450M to about 250M in the span of 9 days.

Save demonic essences to craft amulets.

As I looked into your BPs, I noticed both of your weapons have VIT on them. Once you get a better IK Chest, you can drop that extra EHP those weapons provide and start looking for weapons to do bigger damage. I just sold a 1114 DPS Axe with 60+% CHD, 3% LS and OS for less than 325M and you can probably find a weapon with 1050 DPS, 100+ STR, 50%+ CHD, 2.9+% and OS for a similar price.

I think HOTA/DTWW hybird is better off using EH/Axe than using a build like mine using EH/Sword, except my Sword (doesn't even have IAS) allows me to drop Inna's Pants as long as I have MS12% IC and bump both my DPS and EHP up while maintaining 10/8.57 BPs.
Edited by Cendiesel#1951 on 6/15/2013 2:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I can tell you it's tough to do with a HotA barb. I've got 6% lifesteal, 57k health, and all my resistances in the 600-700 range (that goes up to 700-800 range when I use Warcry. My EHP I think is somewhere in the neighborhood of 954k, or close to that anyways), and I still can't do it. Amazingly, I did better with LESS resistance and lifesteal.
Edited by MimSiEOD#1720 on 9/11/2013 2:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@OP you need more hp - 60k to survive SB+kulle
More armor would be good as well.

It's not that difficult and you can do it with about 10m. It's been done by Chazang with a DW build for 15m back in march and myself with skorn for 9m a couple months back. Silverfire and Llama have built sets less than 100m that also solo mp10 ubers.

You should use this build.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZaPcQR!XZY!ZbcZZY
swap out beserker rage with tough as nails if you need more armor

Not sure what the minimum ehp is but 750k ehp should be fine.
Reply Quote
@OP, u can refer to Death's guide here on MP10 uber solo Handbook:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9344334725
Reply Quote
60K+ life
5%+ lifesteal
500-ish all resist
1M+ tdps
Reply Quote
09/11/2013 01:55 AMPosted by MimSiEOD
I can tell you it's tough to do with a HotA barb. I've got 6% lifesteal, 57k health, and all my resistances in the 600-700 range (that goes up to 700-800 range when I use Warcry. My EHP I think is somewhere in the neighborhood of 954k, or close to that anyways), and I still can't do it. Amazingly, I did better with LESS resistance and lifesteal.

You just need more practice. These days most of us use hota against them. Your stats aren't an issue. Read Death's guide posted above.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]