Diablo® III

Upgrade Advice - WW/DT - MP8+, PG 95

Finally had a decent drop and have about 300m to work with. Not sure best place to start, but initial thoughts were with my primary weapon as don't think I could afford other wholesale changes to multiple pieces. Seem to be also lacking in crit damage. Didn't think gem upgrades were cost effective either. Feedback appreciated. Of course, one potential answer is to just keep saving up and wait to make a better long term purchase down the road.

Also, I enjoy having three sources of LS - seems to make things go smoother for me - whether that is due to it covering up my lower dps, hp, or other weaknesses I'm not sure. But either way, I'd like to preserve that. Same with superstition - I like the extra fury mostly so for me it's worth the dps loss from brawler. Just my preference.
Edited by RagedBull#1334 on 6/19/2013 8:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump for wisdom.
Reply Quote
well, it seems to me like youre more focused on surviving than you are doing damage. youre severely lacking crit damage. if youre set in your ways, its hard to give you suggestions. i would either grab a witching hour or an echoing fury with high dps with chd and socket, or get a mace or axe mainhand with high strength, high crit and socket. 3 sources of lifesteal are not necessary.
Reply Quote
Yeah, there is no reason to have lifesteal on two weapons and your belt. Definitely either get a weapon with CHD or a nice witching hour for yourself.

Edit: and congrats on the drop :) what was it?
Edited by Morgue#1736 on 6/19/2013 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks guys, I will try and evolve and look to making some of those updates - just was nervous about making a stupid purchase -and yeah I Do hate dying. I will likely look into going the chd weapon route first.

Oh, and the drop was a pair of ice Climbers (275 dex, vit, 12ms, 80 AR). Pretty much first decent drop in a year or so or farming heh. Better late then never I suppose.
Reply Quote
relying on superstition is only 1 notch better than relying on bloodthirst. Farming MP10 requires as much DPS as you can muster. You will be hardpressed to find a 25% dps increase on your gear.

I dont like 2 weapons with LS because they will usually have lower DPS (your MH) or no CD (your MH). I would look at MHs with higher dps/str/cd/socket at whatever price range and compare that to a WH in the same price range. Put these 2 sets into d3rawr and look at both hota and tdps. Although you don't use hota now, you should upgrade with it in mind.

I would also craft gloves to get rid of the IKs. I would also consider crafting bracers. 80str and 5cc isnt going to get you very far. VIt shoulders with life% would also help shore up your EHP.
Reply Quote
Shrug, I thought I was the last person alive who thought that a case could be made for 9% LS from gear. I still don't like 6, I just grudgingly accept it because progression gets virtually impossible past a low ceiling at 9%.
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 11:13 AMPosted by silverfire
Shrug, I thought I was the last person alive who thought that a case could be made for 9% LS from gear. I still don't like 6, I just grudgingly accept it because progression gets virtually impossible past a low ceiling at 9%.

cost is the major problem with 3 slots of LS. It's expensive enough to run with 2 in the upper mid tier, but trying to squeeze another slot of LS in there would put you into the top tier price range but mid tier performance.
Reply Quote
Ok made a few changes. Have had terrible luck crafting so have to hold off on trying for better shoulders or gloves. Compared a few things and went cheap: In the interim:

Replaced MH kept LS (was cheaper option - about 2m).
Replaced EF with one with CD (bout 80m)
Got cheap gloves to add CD and make up AR (3m)
Got cheap IC with Vit, dropped MS (4m)
Got Innas to cover off on lost AS to stay at breakpoint and get MS (59m)

Didn't spend all budget. Need to up my HP but gonna try to craft for that.
Edited by RagedBull#1334 on 6/23/2013 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]