Diablo® III

Is it just me or do EFs just...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9309641146#1

already had a few people come on board too!

you should join our inefficient team nived!
pls come and carry us all with your god-barb.
please! we all need your help!
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 11:25 PMPosted by swapto

translation: 1
Reply Quote
you'd be surprised at how many players actually dislike the fear affix on a MH (or any hand).
Reply Quote

1) Your boyfriend is using an EF on his barb... you gonna make him sleep on the couch?
2) You're both trash.
3) Already said I don't provide a carry service.
4) l2lift
Reply Quote

1) Your boyfriend is using an EF on his barb... you gonna make him sleep on the couch?
2) You're both trash.
3) Already said I don't provide a carry service.
4) l2lift

1+2 = WTF? what are you talking about?
3+4 = LOL
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9309641146#1

Fear proc is not an issue when you:

-swap cold 30 soj for elites

-melt trash in 1 pass

i beg to differ on the elites.
cold can help a bit. i find most times that they still get feared enough to be annoying to the group. sometimes even off the screen (fast affix).

yes. trash can melt for the gods among us, myself included. but for elites EF can be very annoying.
Reply Quote
ok, OP lets put personal feelings/opinions aside, and just analyze your thread.

1)the title, though lacking a "?" is in fact a question, you are asking if you're the only one who doesnt like EF

2)EVERYONE else in the thread lets you know its just you

3)you continue your rhetoric of EF is no good (even though you started the thread to ask, not state) and you continue to say many ppl blah blah (even though everyone else in your thread is telling you its just you)

can you look at that and agree that those 3 statements are facts about your thread? if so, analyze that for yourself, personally, not here.
Reply Quote
View profile
ef is great for farming, ef is great for upping your dps and making you more efficient as an individual (particularly with a cold soj).

What the op is saying is fear is annoying for other classes that are trying to dps an area.

He's right unless there is a secondary person (cyclone strike monk, cc wizzer) can supersede your fear.

When we are talking about a group of players, the power of any 1 individual does not matter, the efficiency of the group takes precedence.

Lets, instead of trolling the angry, sour OP with our sarcasm and facts, examine the best way to avoid the disruptive service that is EF in multiplayer groups.

There are several options:

prevent the group from fleeing (get rid of fear)
have a group member made for picking off feared guys
slow the fear down so they stay in aoe damage
completely dominate the other 3 characters into submission using your op ef offhand

(I don't recommend #4, people will leave).
There might be a few other relevant options.

Other than stated above, the rest of the talk about how good EF is and how good barbs that solo or sometimes play with one other person is sissy mouthed gibberish and doesn't pertain.
Reply Quote
ok, OP lets put personal feelings/opinions aside, and just analyze your thread.

1)the title, though lacking a "?" is in fact a question, you are asking if you're the only one who doesnt like EF

2)EVERYONE else in the thread lets you know its just you

3)you continue your rhetoric of EF is no good (even though you started the thread to ask, not state) and you continue to say many ppl blah blah (even though everyone else in your thread is telling you its just you)

can you look at that and agree that those 3 statements are facts about your thread? if so, analyze that for yourself, personally, not here.

1. there is a '?' at the end of my title which happens to finish at the beginning of OP.
correct?

2. true. as i agreed, the majority of DW barbs have an EF and would say 'no' to my question, hence not posting here.

3. see #2.

does that make sense to you?
Edited by swapto#1469 on 6/16/2013 12:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Feeling lonely yet OP?
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 12:25 AMPosted by Vulindlela
Feeling lonely yet OP?

obvious EF user here.
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 12:07 AMPosted by swapto
does that make sense to you?

yep, everything makes sense except maybe i didnt make sense with my point in #1.

im not trying to point out that you missed a "?", i'm saying that your post is in fact a question...yet it seems like you are arguing, or ignoring the answers.
Reply Quote
maybe you havent tried some things.

i use a 10% fear EF in my offhand, with a cold soj.

mobs dont get feared unless i bash them or hota them, and if i do that its 1 mob and its dead.

while im doing the trash mob tango, all the mobs are clumped into nice tight packs.
not sure why fear seems to be such an obstacle to you.

im not a hater, i'll even show u in game what i mean and perhaps its your opinion thats gonna change today and not everyone else's.
Reply Quote
maybe you havent tried some things.

i use a 10% fear EF in my offhand, with a cold soj.

mobs dont get feared unless i bash them or hota them, and if i do that its 1 mob and its dead.

while im doing the trash mob tango, all the mobs are clumped into nice tight packs.
not sure why fear seems to be such an obstacle to you.

im not a hater, i'll even show u in game what i mean and perhaps its your opinion thats gonna change today and not everyone else's.

so you dont bash or hota elites then?
or you do and fear them?

im confused...
Reply Quote
[quote="93076734553"] ignoring the answers.

answers?
i just had my build and gear bashed.
Reply Quote
@OP

I hold a preference for EF's simply because they are arguably the best 1h wep for a barb. As for the annoying fear proc, if someone is swinging an EF sans cold SOJ then it's nearly impossible to farm with any kind of efficiency...BUT...with a cold SOJ the monsters are slowed from the cold snare and are MUCH easier to eliminate. During my uber runs (normally a 4 barb party) we crush everything in sight and do so very quickly.

You can ask people not to use an EF and will for the most part be ignored. Guys like Nived (Absolute BALLER barb) know how to run and gun and spank this game like they spank their women...fast and hard. The benefits of an EF & cold SOJ combo are simply staggering.
Reply Quote
so you dont bash or hota elites then?
or you do and fear them?

usually dont bash anything, i do hota elites (unless i go ww/rend over ww/hota) but when i hota an elite its dead in under 10 secs..it will run in fear, and ill be right behind it going thump thump thump thump thump dead

06/16/2013 12:42 AMPosted by swapto
im confused...

agreed

answers?
i just had my build and gear bashed.

ok, lets call them replies then, happy?
Reply Quote
@OP

I hold a preference for EF's simply because they are arguably the best 1h wep for a barb. As for the annoying fear proc, if someone is swinging an EF sans cold SOJ then it's nearly impossible to farm with any kind of efficiency...BUT...with a cold SOJ the monsters are slowed from the cold snare and are MUCH easier to eliminate. During my uber runs (normally a 4 barb party) we crush everything in sight and do so very quickly.

You can ask people not to use an EF and will for the most part be ignored. Guys like Nived (Absolute BALLER barb) know how to run and gun and spank this game like they spank their women...fast and hard. The benefits of an EF & cold SOJ combo are simply staggering.

thank you for the first real post.
and for the record i agree with everything you said.
except that i think cold SOJ for elites is not enough.

as you alluded to, the EF may be one of those weapons that needs to be used by someone who knows how to handle the proc. i fear most barbs DW are just picking one up (no matter the proc %) and swinging away in co-op games without a care for the annoying affix they bring to the game.

all i wanted was to shed some light on the fact that you dont need an EF to DW efficiently.
if you make the change i bet you wont go back!
Reply Quote
[quote]..it will run in fear

nuff said.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]