Diablo® III

Is it just me or do EFs just...

06/16/2013 12:56 AMPosted by swapto
nuff said.

you're an idiot.

"the first real post" is the first one that agreed with you....ok, yeah thats the criteria.

you fight elites for 20-30 secs, you fight trash the whole time.

ill hota down an elite in 10 secs and "risk" fearing it (it still dies in 10 secs), rather than kill everything else slower.
i dont even have to fear it, i can just continue WW around it and it wont fear.

finally the occasional fear is not as big of a deal as you want to make it. i guess its an issue for garbage barbs like you who drop wrath and lose all fury the moment 1 mob gets feared out of the pile. gg
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 01:06 AMPosted by Borat
nuff said.

you're an idiot.

"the first real post" is the first one that agreed with you....ok, yeah thats the criteria.

ill hota down an elite in 10 secs and "risk" fearing it (it still dies in 10 secs), rather than kill everything else slower.

finally the occasional fear is not as big of a deal as you want to make it. i guess its an issue for garbage barbs like you who drop wrath and lose all fury the moment 1 mob gets feared out of the pile. gg

you play solo in a group environment.

why dont you talk to me after you play your barb for a while longer.
3k elite kills.

talk about NOOB.
Reply Quote
you play solo in a group environment.

why dont you talk to me after you play your barb for a while longer.
3k elite kills.

talk about NOOB.

a)i have more total elite kills than you
b)i dont farm elites, i farm xp (my barb was para 10 with less than 500 elites)
c)my barb is a higher para level than yours
d)my barb is better than yours

some of these points you might find pointless, like c for example, but the same can be said about your point.
Reply Quote

you dont need an EF for DW to be viable fellow barbs!

I was deciding which side to take and then I saw this.

You going down bro.
Reply Quote
[quote]b)i dont farm elites, i farm xp (my barb was para 10 with less than 500 elites)

maybe fear isnt a problem for you because you just kill trash mobs.
makes sense now.
sorry for hassling you before, i thought you did full clears, killed elites and played in co-op games.
Reply Quote
While i can't deny that fear on hit is indeed annoying. how about finding a solution in group play instead of rejecting people who use ef ?

maybe you could idk change cleave to rend-mutilate ?
or hota-devil's anvil ?
Edited by fullpronto#1129 on 6/16/2013 2:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 11:20 PMPosted by swapto
i use to use one. fear annoyed me. tried a no fear MH and havent turned back.

Why was it in your MH to begin with?

I play in group games and have no issues or complaints about fear and to be honest the proc is so low with my build that it is a non issue.
Reply Quote
View profile
EF = scrub status.
Reply Quote
I feel a little bit sorry for OP,it seems a little one sided so I'm going to back him up a bit. Barbs do have a bit of bad name with other classes for WWing all over the place and fearing mobs so there is some validity to the idea that EF can be more of a nuisance than its worth.

That being said so long as you can keep the fear in check it is an extremely powerful weapon and I use one too =P
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 01:06 AMPosted by Borat
nuff said.

you're an idiot.

Interesting. I thought my post provided a contrary viewpoint centered around cold SOJ's.
Reply Quote
Holy !@#$ I just tried a cold soj, frikin op...
Reply Quote
EF's in group games annoy me too.
Reply Quote
i find it ironic that the OP is sitting between breakpoints on both hands and runs sub 2m tdps

and still finds it appropriate to call other people noobs

edit: i wish i could have 5+ billion in gear and still be sub 2m tdps o.0
Edited by vnRenshi#1880 on 6/16/2013 6:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 12:33 AMPosted by swapto
Feeling lonely yet OP?

obvious EF user here.

No $hit?

FYI, if you are trying to gain "followers", it might help if you don't act all douchey.
Reply Quote
View profile
the fear isnt even as bad as you make it sound.
granted there is a few noob players with higher fear chance and low dmg who might keep bouncing mobs away without doing much dmg to them. but then you would need to direct your aggravation to them directly.

06/15/2013 09:19 PMPosted by swapto
But there is nothing worse than dumping all my fury in nados on a mob only to have them get feared out of range.

ok.. you hit sprint and drop nados. you get fury back from it fast enough you need to spam sprint and BR etc to get rid of fury to begin with for thrive on chaos.
how do you run out of fury? at some point you learn when to stop using WW and reserve fury for a couple sprints to get to nexy mobs faster, or chase down a mob before it even really gets that far away.
even using bash with its knockback you can run to other side of mob and push it back to the group.

even a feared mob can be caught while your sprinting, especially if your zerked up.
monks most i see used FoT thunderclap and can teleport to mob some even use cyclone kick and can draw them in., most wiz's freeze mobs, to be honest i havent seen much issue with EF fears in group play.
id still say the few that cause issues with the fear procs are ppl who either dont have slow effect to minimize the scattering, or dont know how to position to somewhat control the feared directions.

also i notice you have the tal rash ammy. did you have that with your EF before? with its cold dmg for slow?
Reply Quote
I wanted to chime in and see how people felt about how I do the EF...

First off I was always against this weapon beacause of that fear bull!@#$. My buddy had one... this was prolly around christmas....

i told him that fear %^-* is just !@#$ing terrible and ranted how I hated fear in general lol...

well here i am coming back to d3 since december.. needless to say i had to kinda fix my barb up and almost completely regear...

EF seemed to be a start where I wanna go with the WW, I would of course get something else the second I can afford too... I hate this weapon too, its just a pain to use it and it sucks baals balls in multi.

On my defense, I bought the lowest fear possible EF, I based my EF just on low fear FIRST...
My EF has 10.3 to fear...

I also TRY to WW like hell and keep up with my gay %^- weapon, and to be considerate!

This weapon sucks, but I have to use it untill I figure something out!!
Reply Quote
ya its annoying. i was an avid anti EF for a very long time. Then I tried one out and never looked back.
Reply Quote
When will some players stop telling other players how to play the game? If you join a group and are not having fun, get out and find another. It's so simple. It's got nothing to do with gear at all. Just leave party > find other party > join new party. Still not happy? Repeat process until you are. Not possible? Play only with your existing friends instead of a public game. Still not happy? Then play alone like I do.

I farm alone and only do ubers with a group mostly of people I've already played with and/or are on my friends list. So we know what to expect and don't tell each other what to do/how to gear/how to play/etc.
Edited by MasterPUA#6728 on 6/16/2013 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
how much are 11% ias, CD, life steal daggers nowadays? Pondering getting rid of my ef too :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]