Diablo® III

Overpowering Thunderstrike-Rend Build

Hey guys - This will give your Barbarian a huge DPS increase while remaining very effective with high density mobs. Can easily play MP7 or MP8.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WQZcRP!ZYg!cZYZYc

How to play:

Actives:
LeftMB - Frenzy w/Maniac: This skill should be active at all times to give you a 20% damage boost and 75% attack speed. Best way to do this is to just hold down your left mouse button and run to the enemy you wish to attack.

RightMB - Overpower w/Killing Spree: Gives you 10% CC and resets on CC. Use this whenever you can.

1 - HOTA w/Thunderstrike: Stuns within a radius and CC's more often with the more Fury you have allocated. After building up near full fury, you'll want to constantly alternate between Frenzy and HOTA. Best way I've found is to assign this skill to "1" and to constantly tap the key while attacking and holding the left mouse button. Frenzy will increase the speed of your HOTA attacks as well as give the attacks increased damage, too. Not to mention that every CC will give you a chance for 5 fury.

2 - Rend w/Blood Lust: Great for keeping vitality up and fighting within packs of monsters. Use it as much as needed.

3 - Battle Rage w/into the Fray: Gives you 15 Fury on Critical Hits which you'll need so you can constantly use HOTA. Make sure this is the first thing you activate when starting a game and keep it always on.

4 - Wrath of the Berserker w/Thrive on Chaos - Mainly needed to avoid effects of Stuns, Jailers, or Frozen elites. Since every CC smash will reset the timer one second, you will have near unlimited WOTB so long as you are constantly using Frenzy and HOTA together. Plague and Arcane will be your biggest challenge but can usually be countered with Rend.

Passives:
Ruthless and Weapons Master are a must for all Barbarians. For the third skill, pick either bloodthirst or brawler. If you pick brawler, make sure you have enough life steal to compensate for not having bloodthirst.

Suggested gear attributes: Attack speed and CC. Eventually work in more CD to improve. Life Steal on gear at over 5% is strongly recommended.

Gear still not finished yet - I still need to find ways to implement more Critical Hit Damage into build to increase effectiveness. For such a low base DPS I think I'm doing pretty well.
Edited by FreshSet#1279 on 6/17/2013 1:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 - Smash w/Thunderstrike: Stuns within a radius and CC's more often with the more Fury you have allocated. After building up near full fury, you'll want to constantly alternate between Frenzy and Smash. Best way I've found is to assign this skill to "1" and to constantly tap the key. Frenzy will increase the speed of your Smash attacks as well as give the attacks increased damage, too. Not to mention that every CC will give you a chance for 15 fury.

Smash and Thunderstrike are 2 different runes for HOTA and only Thunderstrike stuns.
Edited by BdiZzLe#1770 on 6/17/2013 12:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Corrected - Thanks! :)
Reply Quote
frenzy gives 75% AS only if u use frenzy. HOTA will get only 20% dmg bonus
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]