Diablo® III

EHP vs Damage/sec - Paragon 74

So not being rich and basically waiting for good gear to drop and playing currently well in monster lvl 10 at paragon 74, I picked up another drop (Inna's Radiance) that nets me 33k more EHP which bumps me from 817k EHP to 850k unbuffed.

However, my DPS goes down with that piece from ~ 184k to 181k unbuffed. This new helm also bumps my overall resistance from 712 to 743. I'm using the site d3up and working hard to get the most for anything I do buy.

The question for you more seasoned stat savy monks is what is the trade off at this lvl between DPS and EHP?

I know I've read that to tank you need to have a min of ~ 60k max life.
I'm around 65k now.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
if your doing mp10 pretty easy with the resist/ehp you have now I would work on getting higher dps to make your runs faster. IMO both your resist and ehp look good.
Reply Quote
Your gearing seems good. However, with Shenlong, that kind of build really makes more sense : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aUYgSk!XUg!aZcYca
Reply Quote
Drop your current mantra and change to MoC overawe + do 48% buff spam. (Hard to beat that especially in a party imho).

Do a few mp10 runs til you meet some strong elites - plague+molten+arcane+extra health type etc. If you can survive well enough then your eHP is gd, else add more eHP/sustain. MoC overawe + 48% buff spam should be worth more than just few k DPS increase.

But..... of course that is just my take.
Reply Quote
its an upgrade if 850/817 > 184/181
Reply Quote
Hmmmm, are you soulbound to those shenlongs? Or would you consider pickup up a LS wep? With more healing through LS at your dps level, you'd find your current defensive stats a little... overkill.
Reply Quote
Nice, another Shenlong Monk putting eHP on the forefront. I salute you.

Question: Is the amount of LoH you have, adequate to survive? Do you move around and reposition a lot to avoid ground affixes and arcane laser beams?

I have socketed Shenlongs as well, but can't make the switch to higher DPS because I like eHP and sustainability so much. I still only use LoH, yea, call me a noob =3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]