Diablo® III

and yet again post 1.08 freeze up.

Never posted, never commented.. But now I have built 6 CM wizards who have died because the game froze since patch 1.08. Of course Blizard told me when I tried to tell them there was a problem post 1.08 of the issue that "they have no reports of problems wherein the game freezes". And yet I see post after post of people declaring they have game freeze ups.

This event was NOT related to my computer nor my internet. Had a voice chat that was rock solid through the entire event and I am posting now from the same computer which is even now still "frozen up". Again this is not the first time, nor the second.. but the 6th one.

I play HC because the people here are better to hang out with, and there are added thrills.

I post this because prior to 1.08 I had NO such issues. I have reloaded my computer and the game and yet it still occurs.

It has only happened since 1.08. It is my opinion that there are issues in the 1.08 release. Unfortunately until we can start documenting some evidence Blizard is not going to acknowledge or fix the issues. We need the voices.

Don't need the posts of "your whining". I don't want my char replaced. I want to generate enough attention that Blizard will fix this. Please Just post a note if you have lost a character POST 1.08. Maybe we can get them to start considering finding and fixing the issue.
Reply Quote
I've had absolutely no problems
Reply Quote
So happy for you. But. Hopefully we can keep the responses to those who HAVE HAD ISSUE. So maybe we can generate a list and count that indicates to blizzard there might be something worth looking into. Commenting and debating about the issue serves you, me, nor anybody else any value. Blizzard says they have no reports of issues. I'd like for once to generate some thread/information useful to Blizzard to consider if there might actually be an issue and do more than tell users "there must be a problem on your computer".... If you have a perfect history great for you. And start a thread stating that. Please, though.... Leave this one simple enough that we have a list of those who HAVE had the problem, and it doesn't digress into a bunch of comments that serve nothing of value.........

Like I asked (or thought I had) please lets not try and diagnose the issue. Just generate a list of those who HAVE had issue so maybe, just maybe, blizzard will consider doing something more than just dismiss it as "whiney players" or "bad computer/internet setups" and turn on some diagnostics or investigations. Until they start investigating nothing will get considered or fixed. If i'm wrong then it will be a short lived and one item post....
Reply Quote
Yeah, I have had freeze problems. Just bought a new you beaut computer with windows 8, so I dont think I would be my puter. Strangely, it has only happened to me in HC, and fortunately whilst I was with friends, who have saved my butt. Haven't had a freeze happen today since maintenance, so I'm hopeing this might have helped.

Each time my game froze, I couldn't type, portal, literally couldn't do anything. I hit the power off button as quick as I could and had to hold that in for about 5 seconds before it actually switched the puter off. It is easy to die in 5 seconds.
Reply Quote
Hmm... the game has frozen twice for me in the last day. Out of nowhere...

Luckily I haven't died yet.
Reply Quote
ok.. windows 8 with a big new computer.. Yea.. that I have in common with you... Thanks for adding your name.
Reply Quote
I have never had any freezing problem. Have you tried asking the technical support forum? It may be related to your computer. I know mine has never frozen since I replaced my graphics card (previously it could freeze and turns out the graphics card was faulty). May be yours is the same problem as what I had?
Reply Quote
Again, glad you don't have problems. And again.. it helps none. Yes... I am a computer professional with nearly 28 years of experience and I am quite capable of diagnosing and resolving the type of problem you are "suspicioning" and it serves little to the goal. Goal is to collect information from those who ARE having the issue so potentially customer support can start considering that some are having the issue.

The original thread also answered your other question. I have, and got a response from Blizzard support and they diagnosed and examined NOTHING but to tell me "must be your computer cause we have no reports of the issues.

We now have 2. Hopefully soon we will / will not have more indicating whether they ARE having freeze ups. Glad you don't, but it doesn't help any in the information gathering for me, and at least one other, who are having them. I have knowledge of a couple others who also have my same experience, and maybe they too will chime in with indications of them HAVING PROBLEMS similar.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 09:54 PMPosted by LazyMutt
And yet I see post after post of people declaring they have game freeze ups.

links to posts?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568990943 - i mention and link to a blue thread that says the crashing is a problem with drivers

and this is my thread that is similar to OP's:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569328801?page=1

I eventually made it to p100 with just 3 more drops as I mentioned in that thread. I quit promptly thereafter because there's no sense in putting 100's of hours into a character just to lose it because some soundbyte was outsourced to the lowest software programming bidder in india who uses 11 year old children to do their coding.

Quality of blizz games has plummetted.
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 12:40 AMPosted by PinkDaisy
And yet I see post after post of people declaring they have game freeze ups.

links to posts?

Been reading for weeks and really dont need to spend the time recomputing and proving the assertion.. My request here is for people to post to this threadif they have had similar issues, and not to engage in an argument. So Thanks for your challenge but spending hours more hunting and cross checking them serves no value. I solicited support/feedback for those HAVING THE ISSUE... Obviously you dont have the issue, so thanks but no thanks for your feedback or challenge.
Reply Quote
View profile
First game since my computer has been turned on, when a player joins, TPing into battle, or WPing.

Not sure if it's the same freeze? Iunno... If it's the one where your screen freezes when a player joins, it started ~1.04? or maybe it was 1.05?
Reply Quote
First game since my computer has been turned on, when a player joins, TPing into battle, or WPing.

Not sure if it's the same freeze? Iunno... If it's the one where your screen freezes when a player joins, it started ~1.04? or maybe it was 1.05?

It freezes just about anywhere, and when it freezes nothing ever changes.. Eventually you have to TaskManager and kill it or even reboot/restart the compute. I think yours is different but thanks for the post.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568990943 - i mention and link to a blue thread that says the crashing is a problem with drivers

and this is my thread that is similar to OP's:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569328801?page=1

I eventually made it to p100 with just 3 more drops as I mentioned in that thread. I quit promptly thereafter because there's no sense in putting 100's of hours into a character just to lose it because some soundbyte was outsourced to the lowest software programming bidder in india who uses 11 year old children to do their coding.

Quality of blizz games has plummetted.

Thanks for the feedback and links.. It appears that the D3Debug and examining it is our best hope in seeing some commonality. And in SC if people are experieincing this problem they are not that likely to get upset.. It only costs a few golds. I've had it happen MANY times when in safe spots where my character did not die soooo.. maybe..

The D3Debug log, unfortunately is worthless unless it is captured BEFORE the game is restarted. Once restarted the D3Debug that would have had valid information regarding the crash is overwritten with feedback from the newly launched game. That is valuable insight.. Those having problems similar to my original post might want to "copy" the file from the installation directory D3Debug.txt BEFORE you restart the game. This is, so far as I know, the only dianostic information we might have to run on to find a common thread. (One would have thought that Blizzards support response to me might have been "if it happens again capture this file" but I guess that would just be wishful thinking)

Your post also references some sound issues. Heck I have the game muted when i play. Maybe I will just disable sound altogether and retry. Helpful and hopeful post there. Thanks for the links.
Edited by LazyMutt#1159 on 6/19/2013 1:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Since you are a computer pro then do these simple steps and post the screen shots for blizz to see. It can only help your cause. Take a screenshot of the windows event log showing the time frame from when your game froze and your hero died. Run a program like My trace route for 30 minutes or so and post a screen shot of the window. Run prime95 for a few hours and post a screen shot of the window. These, of course, will only be as accurate as you are honest.

I am no 'computer pro' but I have been building and tweaking my own systems since around 1999. I have seen first hand how a processor can run totally stable for an hour and then on hour 3 lose a thread to an error because your overclock voltage is a few millivolts too low. I work as a service tech for the local cable company and I have seen many many people who have issues with their computers and sometimes it actually turns out to be their connection with us but a lot of the time it turns out to be their machine.

Either way, it is totally plausible for you to have issues with your machine and/or connection even though you believe the problem is not with your equipement. Not saying you are not one of those with a legit problem but there are many many of these threads that pop up and most people do no troubleshooting on their own end other than opening a web browser and saying their internet and computer works perfectly.
Edited by KillerElite#1853 on 6/19/2013 3:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have my game freeze sometimes in act 3. With the new patch I'm almost always in act1 and the game never freezes. For me, the problems only occur in act 3, especially Rakkis but also have froze many times in the craters. I just simply never go there unless I'm with a good group. Luckily stonefort key runs are not a problem, haven't crashed there yet. I5 2500k, 8gb ram, ssd, ati 5800hd so it's not my pc either.
Reply Quote
Got new puter 2 months ago w dual vid cards.... had numerous game freezes and lost 2 HC toons to it. It froze just about anywhere in game.... In Town, hitting a banner, walking around a map, during battle.....
Reply Quote
I haven't had it lately (knocks on wood), but I've had a few, and lost a couple 60+ due to it.

For those who ask about the other threads that the OP speaks of, do a search yourself... over 5000 results for "game freeze", and 320 alone in the HC forum. (over 2000 in the general forum)

I turned down some of my setting recently, particularly shadows... but I have no idea if that has contributed to me not getting game freezes lately.
Reply Quote
View profile
I haven't had it lately (knocks on wood), but I've had a few, and lost a couple 60+ due to it.

For those who ask about the other threads that the OP speaks of, do a search yourself... over 5000 results for "game freeze", and 320 alone in the HC forum. (over 2000 in the general forum)

I turned down some of my setting recently, particularly shadows... but I have no idea if that has contributed to me not getting game freezes lately.

So with over 1m unique users that log in every day .02% have reported having an issue in the forums. Do you guys still think the problem may not be on your end?

06/19/2013 04:46 AMPosted by Roland
I have my game freeze sometimes in act 3. With the new patch I'm almost always in act1 and the game never freezes. For me, the problems only occur in act 3, especially Rakkis but also have froze many times in the craters. I just simply never go there unless I'm with a good group. Luckily stonefort key runs are not a problem, haven't crashed there yet. I5 2500k, 8gb ram, ssd, ati 5800hd so it's not my pc either.

Rakkis Crossing is a know buggy area. On my laptop running a raden hd 5870 the first part of the map lags a bit but on my home PC running 2 x Radeon hd 7970's it is smooth as silk.

06/19/2013 06:05 AMPosted by Poss214
Got new puter 2 months ago w dual vid cards.... had numerous game freezes and lost 2 HC toons to it. It froze just about anywhere in game.... In Town, hitting a banner, walking around a map, during battle.....

I guarantee your computer was not benchmarked properly to ensure everything is 100% stable. You guys all need to be proactive and ensure your systems and ISP are 100% stable before you start blaming a game for your issues. You can be certain there are bugs that are affecting certain people using certain hardware with certain drivers that blizzard tries to fix which is why they allow bug reporting. You can also be certain that a large number of people who report here do absolutely no system debugging.
Reply Quote

So with over 1m unique users that log in every day .02% have reported having an issue in the forums. Do you guys still think the problem may not be on your end?

I was just pointing out that the threads are out there. But, I would like to point out that your calculation is horribly spun. Do not compare the number of unique log ins to the number of posts on a forum about a topic. That sounds like politician speak.

If you really want to do that analysis... compare it to other posts on the D3 forums about game bugs, or even just total posts over a certain period of time (say, since 1.08). But you need to have a common denominator, if you are going to throw out %'s.

It does happen, and with the number of people that have reported it, it is not a one-off issue. It just doesn't seem to be big enough for Blizzard to invest time and, more importantly, money into resolving it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]