Diablo® III

Help a brother buy a skorn !!

Title says it all , I had this garbage skorn laying around in my stash from when I was messing with Archon on my wizard. Even with it being a 45k dps loss from my 1h /mojo , and only having 4.5 LS I can just stand in everything , reflect is no longer a problem... Stuff just falls over...

I read a post saying 5 LS / 180 CD or higher , but what other stats ( Avg damage/ yada yada ) should I look for before I waste gold buying the wrong one.

Honestly have no idea what makes a good skorn , I was told this one is garbage , but its ok because I only payed 20 mil ish for it to screw around with archon like I said above.

Any tips appreciated.

-Oreo

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Buffmoonkins-1183/hero/31743972

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/buffmoonkins-1183/VoodooOreo/31743972

http://d3up.com/b/503188
Edited by Buffmoonkins#1183 on 6/19/2013 11:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Skorn only rolls 1 random roll, so if you have lifesteal then you wont get attack speed, skorn has 1.0 APS which means avg dmg = DPS. So yes you want to aim for 5LS/180CD and as much DPS as you can since DPS=avg dmg, 1450 with 5ls+ and 180CD+ would be very nice indeed.
Reply Quote
View profile
I would say:

1400+ dps skorns with 300+ int, 180+CD and 5+ LS

But these are immediately 2b max bidded on the ah...probably by bots.

So it really depends on what you can afford and what is available.

A decent compromise is 1380dps with 300int, 195CD and 5+LS. These you can find at somewhat reasonable prices (somewhat) and the high CD = high dps

The skorn I bought is a 1388dps, 318int, 200CD, 5.4%LS and I paid around 1.1b for it a month ago. I think I could get more for it now.
Reply Quote
I think I may officially be a Skorn convert. I can't tell you how frustrating it was to get dunked on by reflect over and over even with horrify / Jaunt / Litany. ( I'm sure some or most of my problem is L2P)

I will check out the AH right now , I have a bunch of auctions that are being bid on atm ending in 12 hours. When all is said and done I should end up over a bil. /fingers crossed.
Edited by Buffmoonkins#1183 on 6/19/2013 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The biggest reason to use a 2h is for the lifesteal. Why not get the most of it? Since you're using Bats, and they deal some pretty incredible damage as long as you can channel w/out having to move, I'd suggest considering looking at ones with 5.7+ lifesteal. You won't find 1420+ 5.8 190CD on the GAH, since they're valued over 2B, but if you drop the CD a bit, you could get solid dps with the higher lifesteal. Dropping from 185 to 165CD loses 20CD, which is like 5% of your total CD? Increasing from 5LS to 6LS is a 20% increase.

Just something to keep in mind...
Reply Quote
View profile
The biggest reason to use a 2h is for the lifesteal. Why not get the most of it? Since you're using Bats, and they deal some pretty incredible damage as long as you can channel w/out having to move, I'd suggest considering looking at ones with 5.7+ lifesteal. You won't find 1420+ 5.8 190CD on the GAH, since they're valued over 2B, but if you drop the CD a bit, you could get solid dps with the higher lifesteal. Dropping from 185 to 165CD loses 20CD, which is like 5% of your total CD? Increasing from 5LS to 6LS is a 20% increase.

Just something to keep in mind...

Yup since you are going skorn I would lean towards the higher range of the life steal (personally I looked for 5.8+) You can make up the dps on other pieces, but not the life steal. Obviously both is great if you can afford it.
Reply Quote
I'm bidding on one atm

1400.6 dps
340 int
5.7 LS
156 cd :(

It is about the best I can hope for with my limited budget , without breaking out the debit card and heading to the RMAH.

Fingers crossed auction ends in less than 10 mins.

* won it for 277 Seems like an ok deal ? I hope lol.

Thanks all for the input. Time to mess around in the fields of misery ! :)
Edited by Buffmoonkins#1183 on 6/19/2013 1:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice! That actually seems like a pretty good deal to me
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]