Diablo® III

6/15 - Error 3006 and other instabilities

Hey all!

Unfortunately it's been determined that the server issue is hardware oriented, so we're having to replace the faulty component. Naturally we keep plenty of spares on hand, but the time required to make the physical installation is causing this server outage to last longer than it normally would.

Keep an eye on the login screen's Breaking News for estimates on when the server will be back up.

Personally speaking, off the record, I blame Belial.

i wouold like to knwo three things 1. what part is it 2. why wasnt it found and taken cre of at a different downtime and 3. how is it gunna be monitored better to garentee this wont happen again
Reply Quote
^ i want to know too..
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 01:50 PMPosted by HoOLiGaN
I'm sure all your problems will be resolved like they said they would. but you guys complaining is just going to make this last longer than it has to... because.... now they have to answer to all your stupid little questions.

Don't be dumb, the people who are responding to our posts are not the IT engineers replacing the parts, they are just community representatives sent to keep the peace and they have no effect on the length of the downtime.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Monk
06/15/2013 01:57 PMPosted by ragrizdemon
why wasnt it found and taken cre of at a different downtime

Probably wasn't causing issues then.

how is it gunna be monitored better to garentee this wont happen again
Due to the fickle nature of hardware and software, it's generally impossible to predict when something will fail until it starts failing.
Reply Quote
This is like watching a bunch of drug addicts.

Parts do wear out and break. They trouble shot the issue and found it was a bad bit of hardware. As an electronic tech myself? (for 20 years) All it takes is a blown transistor, bad I/C, capacitor, etc... And you have a severe headache to deal with.

To be blunt? We should be happy the the company has support people that work the weekends and not a normal 9-5 week day job. Other wise? We would have to wait until Monday before we could get our 'Fix'.

S-
Reply Quote
Posted by ragrizdemon
why wasnt it found and taken cre of at a different downtime

Probably wasn't causing issues then.

how is it gunna be monitored better to garentee this wont happen again
Due to the fickle nature of hardware and software, it's generally impossible to predict when something will fail until it starts failing.

ik its near impossible to knwo but theres always hints slightly lionger read write speeds than normal on a harddrive fopr instance would indicate a hard drive possibly going but again i understand that stuff happens at random too its the nature of IT
Reply Quote
I find reading all the "comments" entertaining while waiting on the game to be fixed. Thanks for figuring it out and working hard to fix the problem... Sucks it happened on a weekend, but stuff happens!
Reply Quote
Hey all!

Unfortunately it's been determined that the server issue is hardware oriented, so we're having to replace the faulty component. Naturally we keep plenty of spares on hand, but the time required to make the physical installation is causing this server outage to last longer than it normally would.

Keep an eye on the login screen's Breaking News for estimates on when the server will be back up.

I can appreciate an actual reason (damaged hardware) like this rather than the ones that just state some random kind of no named generic maintenance.
Reply Quote
i wouold like to knwo three things 1. what part is it 2. why wasnt it found and taken cre of at a different downtime and 3. how is it gunna be monitored better to garentee this wont happen again

Please provide a schedule of all future unplanned outages.

Thank you
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 01:56 PMPosted by daltonkamote
so basically its a maintenance after all? not a server restart? LMAO.....

A server part breaking is not maintenance.
Reply Quote
IT'S BACK YAY!!!! i gotta say im impressed usually hardware issues with some of these games like for instance EVWE would take an additional 2 hours
Reply Quote
Hey all!

You guys lose a back\midplane on a blade chassis? Seems to be the only spare part I can imagine taking this long.
Reply Quote
This is like watching a bunch of drug addicts.

Parts do wear out and break. They trouble shot the issue and found it was a bad bit of hardware. As an electronic tech myself? (for 20 years) All it takes is a blown transistor, bad I/C, capacitor, etc... And you have a severe headache to deal with.

To be blunt? We should be happy the the company has support people that work the weekends and not a normal 9-5 week day job. Other wise? We would have to wait until Monday before we could get our 'Fix'.

S-

As a somewhat new electronic tech.. I could not agree more.
Reply Quote
3. how is it gunna be monitored better to garentee this wont happen again

When they figure out how to make technology that can't break. Go back to drinking bleach.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent

We've tried hiring those precogs from the film Minority Report, but our staffing agency insists that the events of the film are not based on reality. It's pretty confusing. I mean, we can see them right there on the screen.
Reply Quote
Damn Now I'm all fapped out :S Hope servers come back up soon, don't know if I can survive another fap session :S
Reply Quote
back online baby!
Reply Quote
it seems my prediction is coming true. server is back up but no update on server status page....

We've tried hiring those precogs from the film Minority Report, but our staffing agency insists that the events of the film are not based on reality. It's pretty confusing. I mean, we can see them right there on the screen

lol
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Kaltonis

We've tried hiring those precogs from the film Minority Report, but our staffing agency insists that the events of the film are not based on reality. It's pretty confusing. I mean, we can see them right there on the screen.

Gotta be the best answer I've seen :P Made me lol. It's true tough, we can see them clear as day on the screen in the movie :P
Reply Quote
Posted by Kaltonis

Gotta be the best answer I've seen :P Made me lol. It's true tough, we can see them clear as day on the screen in the movie :P

lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]