Diablo® III

Can I beat a Skorn Barb in tDPS w/ DW?

My friends tends to beat me w/ his skorn, and I honestly dunno how to out do him. A decent Skorn would cost 500mil, and two decent 1h that cost 500mil wouldn't out do that Skorn. How do I beat him? He has more tDPS @ 1.43 aps, than I do @ 2.18 and 2.47
Reply Quote
Can you beat a skorn in tDPS with duel wield. No question about it. I have yet to see skorn user break 3.5 tDPS. Many duel wielders can do this over all if you know what your doing you should be able to attain higher tDPS vs a skorn user.
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 04:57 PMPosted by paladiex
My friends tends to beat me w/ his skorn, and I honestly dunno how to out do him. A decent Skorn would cost 500mil, and two decent 1h that cost 500mil wouldn't out do that Skorn. How do I beat him? He has more tDPS @ 1.43 aps, than I do @ 2.18 and 2.47

if you were to get in touch with someone who could help you redo your gear to optimize it for your spec, you would never have to worry about losing the tdps battle to a skorn barb with a similar level of gear.

you have some pretty major gear issues that are gimping you
Edited by vnRenshi#1880 on 6/16/2013 6:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 05:39 PMPosted by BigBaller
Can you beat a skorn in tDPS with duel wield. No question about it. I have yet to see skorn user break 3.5 tDPS. Many duel wielders can do this over all if you know what your doing you should be able to attain higher tDPS vs a skorn user.
are you saying skorn barb use ww? 99.9% of them dont, =D. pretty sure most skorn user beat the crap out of DW in term of edps(not using the calc's tdps).
Reply Quote
Taking a quick look at your setup i see that you're a pure WW build. Which means that your OH damage won't affect your tdps even close to how much a solid stat stick will beef you up.

Look for a dagger or sword similar to mine but more suited to your budget, they're a LOT cheaper than higher dps weapons with lesser stats. That'll keep you at the 2.88 breakpoint as well.

there's a dagger up now with 191 str, 93%CD, 2.3% LS and an OS for just 25mil. Of course there's better if you spend more.

Drop the 5/25/2 WW soj and grab a generic 6cold/30 elite dmg from any class, that alone boosts you up 60k dps and it's dirt cheap.
~10-15mil i believe.
Reply Quote
first thing i'd do is swap your ice climbers for a str/vit set

36% MS = redundant and wasteful
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 06:04 PMPosted by SuperNewbie
are you saying skorn barb use ww? 99.9% of them dont, =D. pretty sure most skorn user beat the crap out of DW in term of edps(not using the calc's tdps).

Yes there are may Skorn WW players. Did you not know this?
Reply Quote
i used to run WW/Rend with a skorn for farming purposes, and its a great build

in terms of tdps though, it can't compete with DW

you sacrifice tdps with WW/skorn for the sake of big damage from rend, which is a completely different animal
Reply Quote

What buffs are we talking about here for breaking 3.5 mil tdps? Not wearing my soj atm and probably won't be able to log in in the next 15 hours or so for you to run the calcs and see for yourself. But with OP/KS, battle rage, wotb, zerker rage, I broke 3.5 mil tdps using my soj. Wasn't even using my higher dps ring too (Baleful Vow). Was using rugged faze.
Reply Quote

What buffs are we talking about here for breaking 3.5 mil tdps? Not wearing my soj atm and probably won't be able to log in in the next 15 hours or so for you to run the calcs and see for yourself. But with OP/KS, battle rage, wotb, zerker rage, I broke 3.5 mil tdps using my soj. Wasn't even using my higher dps ring too (Baleful Vow). Was using rugged faze.

Llama,

I am under the assumption that we are using what has been the common norm for speaking in terms of tDPS. Only WOTB, OP:KS, and Battle Rage.............No follower, No Brawler, No Beserkers rage, and No Bash(Punish).
Edited by BigBaller#1318 on 6/16/2013 8:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@BB:

Then I'd be just around 3mil tdps I think. Gonna run the numbers once I have the chance.
Reply Quote
View profile

sigh... more false hope. Not many dual wielders will ever have the chance to hit 3.5mil tdps. In order for this to be true, they'd have ehp adequate for MP2. 3.5mil tdps is out of reach for non ah flppers or non RMAH users, don't let the rich barbs spread this lie.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]