Diablo® III

Yout favourite past game besides Diablo

I played the Ultima series and Underworld was by far the best. Took me 12 months to complete.
Reply Quote
Competitively it'd probably be Call of Duty 4.

Favourite all time game would be a tie between Red Alert 2, Viva Pinata and Bastion.
Reply Quote
gee - its hard to think past Diablo II

TDH's Titan Quest got a fair run - but it was just a prettier version of Diablo 2... without Diablo

Civilisation (original) is probably my most played game ever (excluding Diablo series)...

NFS Porshe was a good driving sim (for PC) Gran Turismo on PS is best

Soldier of Fortune and Rainbow Six were fav FPS (don't play FPS much)
Reply Quote
pretty much every final fantasy released. replayed 4 - 7 and 10 several times ... pretty much a yearly ritual for me
Reply Quote
Diablo II and the Mass Effect series
Reply Quote
Fall Out 1&2, GTA: Vice City, Mass Effect series, Batman:Arkham City
Reply Quote
Final Fantasy Franchise, Resident Evil Franchise, Starcraft 2
Reply Quote
armogedon for some reason as a kid i just loved killing people with my car at 400mph it was epic i actualy just got the game on my phone last week
Reply Quote
Age Of Empires, the original one
Reply Quote
Back in the day it was Serious Sam.
Reply Quote
gran turismo 4/5
league of legends
gta 4
Reply Quote
Where oh where to begin... I guess the start is as good as any place:

Back in the old arcade, 8-bit and 16-bit days, Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter 2 (although I wasn't very good at the later two) were what occupied my time... well, any beat em up really.

Upon getting a PC in 1996, I enjoyed games such as Red Alert, Warcraft 2, Carmageddon, and the odd FPS (Terminator Future Shock and Skynet was probably one of the few FPS games I played properly).

Fast forward to my next set of PC gear, I had a new PC and purchased one too for my bro so we can play games on LAN together. Diablo 2, Unreal Tournament and Red Alert 2 reigned supreme on this gear.

Another few generation of video cards later, we were both sporting Geforce 3 Ti200s. UT, RA2 and D2:LoD ran better than ever but we also got into Serious Sam, Jedi Outcast, Freelancer, C&C Generals, Battle for Middle-Earth, and BF1942. I occasionally played UT2003 but that was more miss than hit but UT2004 was quite the comeback. Towards the end of this rig's life, I finally decided to visit C&C Tiberian Sun since I had never played that through.

Then came my last desktop with a 8800GT. All previous games ran better. I also caught up on NFS: Most Wanted (the first one) and my bro and I got into Serious Sam 2 and C&C3 (we love our co-op). Our PS3s more or less took over in 2009 but I did manage to sneak in reasonable bit of Red Alert 3, Torchlight, Starcraft 2, Mafia 2, and of course, Diablo 3.

Currently using my laptop until I get a new desktop.

What was my fav past game besides Diablo (I'm assuming any Diablo game)... I'd have to say that UT99 made the most impact. The last few patches negating the CD check meant that my bro and I could LAN on the one copy I had bought for him and the plethora of mods, models, maps, and mutators from the community kept the game fresh for years to come. There won't ever be a gaming experience like it IMHO.

What am I playing now? That web based C&C Tiberium Alliance game. I just love C&C as much as I love Diablo and I just wish they would bring out another C&C game set in the Tiberium universe. I guess I could always go play C&C3 again. That was quite fun.
Reply Quote
The game I got the most enjoyment out of when I was a kid had to be Super Mario World. It, and Super R-Type came with my SNES. I could eventually finish Super Mario World in just under an hour without using the waterworld cheat.
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 02:02 AMPosted by Mugsy
Back in the old arcade, 8-bit and 16-bit days

Lol Mugsy you showing your age to, I spent 100's of hours playing Galaga
Reply Quote
Duke Nukem ("Come get some") and TV Sports Basketball
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 03:32 AMPosted by YDFWM
Lol Mugsy you showing your age to, I spent 100's of hours playing Galaga

I probably caught Galaga as it was exiting the arcade scene (I'm sure it was Galaga they had tucked away in some dark corner of the old "Las Vegas" arcade in Brissie). When I first started gaming, it was just before Alex Kidd invaded homes on the Sega Master System 2. In arcades, people gathered around machines such as Hang On and Thunderstrike with their gimicky cabinets (I was too small to sit on the Hang On motorcycle). My aunt ran a snack bar and they had Golden Axe and Operation Wolf there (again, I was too short to grasp Operation Wolf's light gun properly). I'd get the chance to play so that mum could chat with my aunt... that was pretty much where it all started for me.

My bro and I didn't get much gaming money from the folks so our arcade gaming was limited to the occasional few goes of the TMNT arcade game, The Simpsons, Captain Commando and other Capcom beat em ups using their CPS arcade hardware.

We tended to play co-op games as competitive games like Street Fighter meant one of us would either not be playing or, if we versed each other, we wouldn't get as much mileage out of a credit. Pity as my bro eventually got into the competitive Street Fighter scene but he didn't get good until almost the end of his undergrad Uni days.

Ironically, I was just wondering earlier how many people I graduated from my Masters with have seen Spaceballs... most of them are in their early to mid 20s.

And my hands dry and crack more easily these days. What's up with that? Don't like playing Diablo 3 with moisturising cream on my hands :-(
Edited by Mugsy#6765 on 6/17/2013 4:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 12:19 AMPosted by xXRUMBLERXx
armogedon for some reason as a kid i just loved killing people with my car at 400mph it was epic i actualy just got the game on my phone last week

Did anyone ever play "Deathmatch"??? Was back in the days of 086 & 286's, Golden Axe and Outrun ... good times
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 04:10 AMPosted by Mugsy
Ironically, I was just wondering earlier how many people I graduated from my Masters with have seen Spaceballs... most of them are in their early to mid 20s.

My eldest son is 5 and he loves Spaceballs... if it wasn't for him - most of our movie collection would just be collecting dust these days (age restrictions do apply)

Prepare for Ludicrous speed!!!!
Reply Quote
Just curious, anyone here played Warcraft 1?

All I remember about it is the last stage where lining up archers against behind trees like tower defense while massing conjurors.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]