Diablo® III

Freeze Wiz and Fury Generation

I noticed that when I play with a freeze wiz, I find it harder than usual to generate fury, especially when starting from empty.

Are my observations correct?
Reply Quote
Yep CC has some kind of side effect that gimps ITF (crits). I noticed the same issue in solo play due to a buriza scoundrel, mostly against single targets using a no generator WW/RLTW/Rend build with a Skorn. Even a DW Barb like you noticed this.

It´s like the monster was taken out of the game or its hitbox is smaller or whatever. I´m not sure what actually happens and why. One of the few mysteries in the game that I haven´t figured out.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 6/17/2013 1:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 01:00 AMPosted by Nubtro
One of the few mysteries in the game that I haven´t figured out.

OMG. We're in trouble now! :-)

But seriously, I did a few uber runs with a freeze wiz and since I don't use a fury generator, It was so difficult to generate fury when we were fighting elites, even if I was using Superstition.
Reply Quote
I think ww barbs rely on generating fury from taking damage a lot more than they realize and when they aren't getting struck at all due to freeze (or stun, play with a thunderstrike hota guy, it will be similar)...

damage taken to regen of fury is very powerful and is often overlooked.
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 07:02 AMPosted by Fourty2DNAD3
damage taken to regen of fury is very powerful and is often overlooked.
Thats what I always assumed it to be.
Reply Quote
Yep CC has some kind of side effect that gimps ITF (crits). I noticed the same issue in solo play due to a buriza scoundrel, mostly against single targets using a no generator WW/RLTW/Rend build with a Skorn. Even a DW Barb like you noticed this.

It´s like the monster was taken out of the game or its hitbox is smaller or whatever. I´m not sure what actually happens and why. One of the few mysteries in the game that I haven´t figured out.

Very interesting. I always thought that it was just the fact that I wasn't taking much damage. I played with a cm wizard for a long time, and its partly why I moved away from ww. The fury generation always felt really odd through frozen mobs. It feels odd with HotA too, but hitting multiple targets sort of helps.
Reply Quote
Fury generation from taking damage is indeed underestimated, this is surely a contributing factor if not the whole explanation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]