Diablo® III

Where to find sleet storm build?

yoda sleetstorm is a pretty open build so u can compensate gear deficencies with skills.

need to gear a bit towards it though, meaning ias not too high, good mit and ehp in general, apoc and ls.

U have to account for the ap regeneration, so either 20 apoc + astral or power hungry (pur on gear?) or u could go with 20 apoc and tals 4 set or use less apoc + more some ap reg skill like arcanot, ap reduction skills like power of the storm os ds prism. ur choice.

basics is just sleetstorm + teleport + magic weapon of choice(depending on how much ls ) + armour of choice (depending on ur mit basically). the other 2 spells are a bit open depending on ur needs gears. if u use cm fn, ds eb are options or u can buff urself harder with sparkflint and use one cd based spell only. the passives cold bloded obviously + cm + ap regen of choice.

the build is really open for variations.
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 10:18 AMPosted by Rafazafar
... what key spamming? EB maybe if you choose to go that route, but there's no key spamming required for sleet storm, brochacho.

depends on what variation u use, but if ur using cm with eb and either shards or nova or both then yeah there is plenty of spamming.
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 10:21 AMPosted by Rafazafar
U have to account for the ap regeneration, so either 20 apoc + astral or power hungry (pur on gear?) or u could go with 20 apoc and tals 4 set or use less apoc + more some ap reg skill like arcanot, ap reduction skills like power of the storm os ds prism. ur choice.

With a 2h you only need 10 apoc.

no need u can only slot 10 apoc XD

2h means buying a 2h with ls .... while u could use ur archon ls sword and use 20 apoc, as i said it is a very open build.
Reply Quote
12 second deepfreeze buff isnt long enough for u?

trash mobs will be dead b4 the freeze expires or u could stutter freeze elites for more survivability.

but yeah basically only sleet storm is required in this build, the rest u can change to suit ur style.
Reply Quote

no need u can only slot 10 apoc XD

2h means buying a 2h with ls .... while u could use ur archon ls sword and use 20 apoc, as i said it is a very open build.

You only need 10 apoc with 2h. You only need 10apoc is a 2h build. I repeat, it is not necessary to have more than 10 apoc with a 2h build. Would it be nice to have more? Dunno because instead of APoC i'm getting masssssive crits.

But you only need 10 apoc with a 2h.

ehm..... again.......u can only HAVE 10 apoc with a 2h build.
Reply Quote
thing i dislike about this build and most wiz builds is we are stuck jamming keys or the more savvy players building macros
wd you get all the face tanking
more dmg
and literally no key spamming

I ... what key spamming? EB maybe if you choose to go that route, but there's no key spamming required for sleet storm, brochacho.

EDIT: Are you thinking of Ice Armor - Frozen Storm?

na
when i ran SS
i ran Dskin + EB/CR. so was always spamming those just like regular CM because they dont break channel and i needed the LS. what version do you run?
i'd be interested in seeing the illusionist version but even then
you're just running a gimped cloud of bats.
Reply Quote
Yeah but it's not nearly as intense as CM. Also it's still not required. I spam one button b/c I've shifted to Malakai's school of thought regarding EB. However, I used to run illusionist + time warp and there is literally zero spamming with that build.
Malakai and I discussed this a little in another space, sadly I got busy and couldn't finish it off. I think the conclusion was that EB will speed up kills against multiple targets, where as TW might make out better against singles. Malakai preferred speeding up against multis because he felt those situations are more numerous. I like Slow Time because I feel the weakest against singles and plenty powerful against multis.

06/17/2013 10:25 AMPosted by Rafazafar
But you only need 10 apoc with a 2h.
Would like to add that it is highly advisable to use +crit RoF gear on the 2H route.
Reply Quote
SS is the most chill build, it takes little effort and is fun. I run a slightly different approach than the traditional SS builds that you've linked to here but believe me it's much faster.

Run with BLIZZARD, it wipes all trash mobs with 1 click and adds extra dmg over time and health to elites while you SS them. If AP is an issue then run conduit instead of force weapon, an overlooked rune or use the reduced cast cost rune of blizzard.

I also highly suggest taking Frost Nova over EB or even teleport. Reason: As someone already mentioned, this is almost a melee build, it sucks when your targets run. Bone chill will not only allow for extra damage (and party damage) it will also allow you to freeze your targets in an ideal place to SS them all at once. Why bother with EB when you can freeze an elite pack and drop them before the freeze ends?

When you're built like mine there is no reason to waste a passive on critical mass either, you can swap it out for your preference.

I'll time run tonight when I'm offwork and figure out what kind of XP/Hour I can get running this build. These are just my preferences and I prefer fast farming. While this build is viable MP10 it's most enjoyable MP 7-9.
Reply Quote
Spoken like a true freeze wizard to whom a bats WD is the perfect lackey.

Is there really no weakness to the WD bats build?
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 08:20 AMPosted by lameboi
in the rubbish cuz it's terrible

You have no idea what you are talking about !!
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 10:34 AMPosted by MILESIAN
Would like to add that it is highly advisable to use +crit RoF gear on the 2H route

yeah the prob with 2h is the lack of cc coz of no source, relying on apoc with low cc is never as good as it should be.

another option is running with nat boot + cc nat ring so u make up for the lack cc of the source. and that huge cc boost with 2h massive cd actually makes it even dps wise to using zuni boots but u gain utility

no zuni 3 piece set though, and getting cc + ar + int on the ring is pretty expensive too.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 6/17/2013 10:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

as someone who made the switch from SS to WD bats, i can say in my own opinion that SS is way better. the radius of CoB is so pathetic, plus i lose the slow from SS, that i've to move to hit mobs. by moving more often, i sorta incur a dps loss plus mana management becomes a major issue. the radius of SS is way larger, coupled with the slow, makes it, i say again in my opinion, more efficient than CoB.

then again, it might just be that i havent gotten used to the CoB play style.
*edit* so i switched back to SS haha
Edited by LTKarl#1101 on 6/17/2013 10:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote

no
there really isn't a weakness to my cob build.
Reply Quote

no
there really isn't a weakness to my cob build.

Except the person playing it. ZING!

;P i'll take that as a funny quip
i'm one of the only wds on forums who have solo'd ubers with 1h/mojo, and the only one who has done it without pets/jf passive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]