Diablo® III

Where to find sleet storm build?

just tell me when comp starts im not ah sniping for a week
or why dont we just do me vs malakai
two gg sets vs eachother ;p
Reply Quote
yoda sleetstorm is a pretty open build so u can compensate gear deficencies with skills.

need to gear a bit towards it though, meaning ias not too high, good mit and ehp in general, apoc and ls.

U have to account for the ap regeneration, so either 20 apoc + astral or power hungry (pur on gear?) or u could go with 20 apoc and tals 4 set or use less apoc + more some ap reg skill like arcanot, ap reduction skills like power of the storm os ds prism. ur choice.

basics is just sleetstorm + teleport + magic weapon of choice(depending on how much ls ) + armour of choice (depending on ur mit basically). the other 2 spells are a bit open depending on ur needs gears. if u use cm fn, ds eb are options or u can buff urself harder with sparkflint and use one cd based spell only. the passives cold bloded obviously + cm + ap regen of choice.

the build is really open for variations.

There's also the LL+AD version that I like running where you forget about extra AP regen aside from 20 APoC and high crit, and you pick LL+AD to add extra dps for long trash fights or against some elites, as well as giving you a spell to cast when out of AP. It also lets you use a different EB rune like CR, TB, or short fuse instead of the unleashed that most use. I personally like short fuse since trash dies pretty quickly with the build and you tend to ignore EB Against elties, so I find I get more effective dps out of it compared to the other runes. Like most skill choices with the build LL has its advantages and drawbacks.

Malakai has already extensively given his reasons why he dislikes AD though. I can't help but feel like I make him cringe everytime I post about it, mwahahahaha.
Reply Quote
I do fine in public mp 10 games speedwise. Can keep SS up quite good with 3 mobs around, then i use healing blades if i have to heal up or refill AP which takes 2-3 hits, takes A second an adds to the dynamic, works even beter with deep freeze up. Wont ever switch back to full CM
Reply Quote
So after playing my WD for the past 2-3 weeks I just tried SS for the first time in MP10 - it works fine, but I have to say I prefer WD. Ill stick to WD for this type of playstyle, and SNS on wiz unless they nerf it, in which case I'll have a nice SS gear set waiting on my alt.

The burst dmg is an advantage, WD can kill white trash in 1-2ticks as opposed to waiting for SS to tick off 4-5times.
Also mobility is better on WD because I can spirit walk all over the place and gain mana for doing so, whereas with Teleport I lose my AP and it takes a while to get it back.
I also like the Crowd Control better on WD - Hex/Mass Confusion. On wiz I need to use Timewarp because when I tried Frost Nova I had to stop and start my SS cast every few seconds due to the interruption, and bubble is no CC, when compared to nova or hex+confusion.
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Rafazafar
Malakai has already extensively given his reasons why he dislikes AD though. I can't help but feel like I make him cringe everytime I post about it, mwahahahaha.

I cringe, too. No offense.

No offense taken. I see it as a personal preference, somewhat dictated by my gear choice (fast 1h+OH). Could I fix my AP problems with different skill choices? Maybe, but if I have to spend a passive and active slot for extra AP gains, I prefer to do it with AD+LL because it also gives me the ability to crank out extra dps at times. It's also a slightly different play style that I kind of enjoy and have been getting used to.
Reply Quote
tried...and failed miserably.
back to sns/cm.
Reply Quote
So after playing my WD for the past 2-3 weeks I just tried SS for the first time in MP10 - it works fine, but I have to say I prefer WD. Ill stick to WD for this type of playstyle, and SNS on wiz unless they nerf it, in which case I'll have a nice SS gear set waiting on my alt.

The burst dmg is an advantage, WD can kill white trash in 1-2ticks as opposed to waiting for SS to tick off 4-5times.
Also mobility is better on WD because I can spirit walk all over the place and gain mana for doing so, whereas with Teleport I lose my AP and it takes a while to get it back.
I also like the Crowd Control better on WD - Hex/Mass Confusion. On wiz I need to use Timewarp because when I tried Frost Nova I had to stop and start my SS cast every few seconds due to the interruption, and bubble is no CC, when compared to nova or hex+confusion.

4-5 Ticks is a bit much. I kill typical mobs in 1 to 1.5 seconds. Some mobs take a sec longer, some almost vanish, but your typical mob is about 1 to 1.5 seconds which amounts to 3-4 ticks. However, I find that to be a non issue. The radius for CoB seems smaller than SS. I don't know why it feels that way, but it does.

Mobility is better with SS because teleport's CD is easily reset. Yes it costs to Teleport, but you gain it by fighting 3+ mobs. AP management is easy on SS. The only problem ever comes with a single mob. With WD, I've had my mana drain because I had to run from certain affixes, though I'm sure with the right gear I could heal through them better. Each cast of CoB costs a decent chunk of mana. There is no such penalty for moving with SS, and so, SS is superior for movement. Sorry, but WD is no where near as good for mobility as a wizard.

I've been convinced by Malakai to drop time warp. I dropped FN a long time ago for the reasons you stated. Explosive Blast does significantly more damage than Time Warp if you're able to cast three in 8 seconds... which you are. That consumes mana, so you want the Unleashed rune. It's easy to keep your AP up with it, still, but yes you will drain and not be in "infinite sleet storm" mode.

I do not run with Power Hungry, by the way. I find it to be situationally useful and I just prefer the regen from Astral Presence.

By the way, reactive armor is a good DPS boost. Shocking aspect is even better, but it doesn't give you the same defensive capability that reactive does.

I was running Bubble/Powerhungry, I will try with EB / Astral Presence next time.

I noticed CM was useless as well, better to use Illusionist for teleporting. I guess with EB though I'd use it.
Edited by couchy#1938 on 6/17/2013 4:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
tried...and failed miserably.
back to sns/cm.

LOL,

You didn't even have the proper gear setup to make Sleet Storm viable. There are plenty of videos and guides that you could refer to. Stop being so ignorant and start looking for videos and guides. There are plenty of Sleet Storm discussion threads theses days.

Sleet Storm is perfectly viable in MP10 and is IMO at least equal to Archon.

Of course if you compare it to SNS, nothing will beat that Spec, because it is a broken one !! It will get nerf eventually !!

People like you and Lameboi thinks you know it all and refuse to recognize anything other than that lame SNS overpowered build.

Because of people like you, I hope that SNS will get nerf to the ground. If it's what it takes to make the Wizard class stronger in the future, then so be it !! People will finally open their mind a little bit more since SNS will be dead... People will then be willing to try to work on different builds to take this class to the next level without any gimmicky/broken builds.

Can't wait for that SNS nerf and buffs to the other skills !!
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 06:00 PMPosted by Rafazafar
You post the same thing in two threads? Really?

just like he posted the same crap in both threads ?! I'm simply replying to him
Edited by Heroscaper#1533 on 6/17/2013 6:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Heroscaper
People like you and Lameboi thinks you know it all and refuse to recognize anything other than that lame SNS overpowered build.

all I said was I failed with ss miserably. I didn't say it was a bad build. I'm so new to ss.
did I say anything negative about ss?

I'm not being ignorant b/c at least i'm trying.

why are you so mad about sns/cm? b/c you can't do it?
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 6/17/2013 6:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 06:06 PMPosted by Rafazafar
You said it wasn't viable.

sorry, not viable for me and only me. gosh...
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 06:03 PMPosted by yodatoy

all I said was I failed with ss miserably. I didn't say it was a bad build. I'm so new to ss.
did I say anything negative about ss?

I'm not being ignorant b/c at least i'm trying.

why are you so mad about sns/cm? b/c you can't do it ?

haha very funny kiddo, sold my SNS gear, 5 months ago, most boring build in the whole game. Anybody can do any build in this game, just a question of the proper gearing. There are plenty of 10-20 millions budget SNS videos, do you really think Skill is involved ?!

I return you your own question... why are you saying Sleet Storm is not viable? b/c you can't do it ?

SNS will get nerfed, you know it, I know it, there's nothing new to explore for that build.

That's why many people are trying to test different builds in preparation for the SNS and archon nerfs.
Reply Quote
View profile
Check out Malakai, Yoda. He's one of the pioneers of the Sleet Storm build and has done a ton of experimenting.
Reply Quote
My wiz is actually running the best sleet variant I've found out of all my personal friends list.

I first made this build about 5 months ago. http://d3up.com/b/770886

It feels a lot like the druid's hurricane from d2... or think bat's with more range and permfreeze.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]