Diablo® III

Optimizing the 1.67 APS RF breakpoint

Thanks for the Awesome guide Atomsk

Could you please take a look at my demon hunter to tell me what I can tweak, this guide looks like it would help me to become a little more powerful, but what about vitality, I do keep getting one shot hit a lot.
Reply Quote
The hatred regen of Shadow Power: Night Bane rune does not snapshot. It falls off after 5 seconds and only the life-steal component continues to be in effect until you stop firing.
Reply Quote
Wanna show us some video?
Reply Quote
07/08/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Thoughtless
The hatred regen of Shadow Power: Night Bane rune does not snapshot. It falls off after 5 seconds and only the life-steal component continues to be in effect until you stop firing.

This is what was throwing me off. My hatred stays at a neutral level with the Night Bane buff up, but starts to drop again when it wears off. It works if I use Shadow Power again, but doesn't that cancel the life steal?
Reply Quote
I followed this guide directly and was unable to reign more hatred than I expel using rapid fire//bombardment rune. Rapid fire//fire support works only if you use marked for death//hatred rune. I switched from my noisy calamity/bola shot/spike trap build for this one and I am happier for it even though I cannot reign more hatred. But despite what gear you see on me now do not think I did not use the gear he suggested, and maintained the 1.67 ias breakpoint. Your guide is very good, but I cannot run this build unless I have preperation/punishment for an oh$#!$ button for when I do run out of hatred.

07/08/2013 11:31 PMPosted by massacre

This is what was throwing me off. My hatred stays at a neutral level with the Night Bane buff up, but starts to drop again when it wears off. It works if I use Shadow Power again, but doesn't that cancel the life steal?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ After posting my comment, I read this
And this has to be why I cannot. And if hatred reign does not snapshot, then the damage reduction of the gloom rune would not either right?
Edited by Logan#1872 on 7/9/2013 12:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice guide! I'm convinced that this is one of the two best DH builds for MP10. It combines the classic bola / echoing blast build (hands down the most efficient DH build for MP10 prior to 1.08) with fire support to give you three highly versatile ways of dealing damage. Bombardment based builds are also great, with the trade off of being slightly better vs whites, and slightly worse vs elites with difficult affixes.
Reply Quote
hi OP

i am trying to gear my dh based on ur suggestion

my question is, lets say i went ahead and bought 9ias inna pants and mempo and a 20ias legacy, i then happened to craft a gg gloves or amulet with ias on it, does that mean i need to regear all my ias so i don't go over your suggested aps because then there will be problems??
Reply Quote
if i have a 9ias gloves and a 10ias manticore, does that mean i must get a dead man legacy with exactly 11% ias?
Reply Quote
View profile
If your 10 ias manticore, make sure you get exactly a total of 38% ias on gear.
Reply Quote
noob question,

does a cold soj work with bombardment(fire dmg) and cull the weak? dun see the cold dmgh animation where they break up into pieces of ice.
Reply Quote
@BAMBAM
No rapid fire rune will trigger Cold SoJ, you will need to use a skill which does "black" or undefined damage. (e.g. Evasive fire or most hungering arrows)

I like to hit the 2.01 breakpoint-- because I can.

For me, a required passive is vengeance and some PUR on gear. This is to refill hatred, disc and health, since most mobs will congregate at your feet. Adding Nightstalker will give you plenty of disc regen to run 30 disc. (no L4N or +disc gear). I primarily use vengeance to fuel resources (on any build)

When using Rapid Fire, I will have at least one, if not more of RoV, Sentry and Caltrops because these skills can be cast without interrupting channeling. My favorite is RoV: Beastly Bombs followed by Caltrops: Bait the trap.

Lastly, I do like M4D, except when using fire support when doing ubers. M4D interrupts channelling. booooo!
Reply Quote
Thanks for the Awesome guide Atomsk

Could you please take a look at my demon hunter to tell me what I can tweak? Other gloves? No Nats ring?

My DH: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sven-1755/hero/20696053
Reply Quote
After using this build for weeks, having better idea of the build, I've decided to change some of my skills.

I no longer carry on M4D. Like previously mentioned, it breaks the channeling. White mob still dies too fast for this to be effective. And alot of elites can actually break your channeling so I wanted to save disc to start another round of shadow power snap shot instead.

As well as I now use hatred generator instead. Any to your liking is fine. I use bola in general but I change whenever I feel like it. Just having a free spam skill allows me to be more versatile and allows me alot of mobility.

Also shadow power night bane isnt as effective imo. In higher mp lvl, I would much rather have gloom. Just to cleae up things, Night bane does not snapshot hatred regen nor Gloom and dmg reduction. These needs to be recasted as needed. Maybe its just my low eHp, but I find gloom more useful.

Items however, I do recommend 2.01 bp. There has been alot of times I died using slower bp just because I don't leech back fast enough when first engaged due to slow animation of lower bp bombardment. Also it does scale with ias so more the merrier(as long as it hits bp)!
Reply Quote
@Iscariot - want to add my thoughts to yours:
I also added a generator because it gives a ton of versatility. However, in my mind a generator should accomplish 2 things: let you get back to RF as fast as possible and provide something else. I found both in Justice is Served. The hatred gen is the highest in the game, and it provides slow - which comes very useful when you're taking a break in channeling.

M4D is a pain to use correctly with RF. If you're looking for an extra damage boost, try Caltrops (Bait). It does NOT break channel.

If you're having some Ehp problems, try replacing Vault with SS. For RF builds, I found SS to have a lot more uses than Vault. It's a better "oh crap" button than Prep, and you can use it to keep channeling when otherwise you'd need to stop.. for example, if you time them right before frozen shards explode, you can keep going while everyone else runs away.
Reply Quote
The way to go for passives if you can afford to dedicate 2 for dps are definitely Steady Aim and Cull the Weak, not Archery.

Either way you're getting a 15-20% bonus to damage, or both bonuses in a party if somebody else has slows. Mobs are either 10+ yards out, or on top of you slowed in your caltrops.

Additionally, contrary to the common practice for the 2.01 breakpoint I found that maxing out my dps to the very edge of it to 2.21 actually makes it go so much smoother. I use grenades to regen fury with the rune to change them to 6 hatred, and it makes a notable difference in how fast i can spam them out to quickly fill the hatred globe again.

I tried sitting at 2.001 and re-genning after a few fights was becoming a real pain in the pass to the point where i'd switch to a faster windforce to chuck a few grenades, which wasn't always ideal to micro with.
Edited by Fizzlesprig#1762 on 8/5/2013 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The way to go for passives if you can afford to dedicate 2 for dps are definitely Steady Aim and Cull the Weak, not Archery.

Either way you're getting a 15-20% bonus to damage, or both bonuses in a party if somebody else has slows. Mobs are either 10+ yards out, or on top of you slowed in your caltrops.

For Manti, yes, calams, no. Actually I'd rather run CtW and vengeance instead of SA. When you're facetanking, the globes that spam next to you regen your hatred, which lengthens your channel time.

Additionally, contrary to the common practice for the 2.01 breakpoint I found that maxing out my dps to the very edge of it to 2.21 actually makes it go so much smoother. I use grenades to regen fury with the rune to change them to 6 hatred, and it makes a notable difference in how fast i can spam them out to quickly fill the hatred globe again.

I tried sitting at 2.001 and re-genning after a few fights was becoming a real pain in the pass to the point where i'd spam to a faster windforce to chuck a few grenades, which wasn't always ideal to micro with.

Try Justice is Served. Same regen rate, but actually useful to proc Ctw, kite etc.
Reply Quote
I've found that SS - Breathe Deep been very helpful with 2 purposes served.
- First it helps to keep channeling by avoid cc like charging ram and ice ball. timing is not hard, and 1 to 1.5 secs really don't make much difference.
- Second it helps to regenerate 12 hatred, that's 3 less than Night Bane, but I would rather get the 5 secs damage reduction at the beginning when mobs at your face before channeling kicks in. It is a nice conversion tool when your disc is full but low hatred.
Reply Quote
Hi,

I use a cold SOJ woth bait the trap. Evasive displace will proc cold but more importantly if used correctly is your vault and then you snapshot steady aim.

When mobs come to your BTT and activate it, you have 6 seconds to kill them. With bombardment if you are channeling with steady aim snap shot, you can kill them at your feet quickly.

In a group there are so many slow effects that you will benefit from Cull the weak.

This is my build, and I have yet to find a better build I enjoy playing so much.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796660301#1

The gear in my profile that is missing is on my monk as I do swap back and forth.

I loke blood moon as life steal is critical. You will die as a DH if you are not hitting mobs or you take on any damage from affixes in MP10. But if you leap (displace) before you think and snapshot BTT, Steady Aim, and get ctw bonus you will have a mighty mighty EDPS.
Reply Quote
Currently looking for some answers...

1. does "mark for death" break RF channels?
2. Would "Cull the weak" be a better passive then SA when there is a CM Wiz. in game?
3. my current build is at attack speed 1.88 (and I use tinkerer grenades for hatred refill and it can fill up my whole hatred ball within gloom time). Would there be any benefit if I lower my attack spd to 1.67? (i can put on a rare pants and a inna belt, i dont have a good Nata cloak)
4. now to deal with these?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suJRtRLt9xo

my profile:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luffy-1946/hero/22549518

Help would be appreciated.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 8/7/2013 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Luffy

1. Yes it does interrupt RF channeling. Mark for Death has animation of flicking his/her fingers and that will break your channeling.

2. Steady Aim gives damage inclement of 20%. Cull the weak gives you 15%. But if you're already grouped with CM Wizard, you can have both since damage will be mitigated by them freezing already.

3. Technically, yes. You can further increase your eDPS by remaining within the same Rapid Fire Breaking point but by increasing your raw damage. Your paper DPS will be significantly lower(not always, but most likely) due to removed Attack Speed.

But keep in mind that your Hatred Generator will be effected also. For Hatred Generator, it will be true DPS loss.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes. As for my personal preference, I'd like to keep it high even though I won't reach the next BP because of my love for spamming Hatred generator. You decide.

4. Since we're time traveling, the best solution would be to set your Quest under "Kill the Siege Breaker" and have Tyrael follow you. You seek out any elites, stay dead, and come back in an hour.

5. Awesome DH dude.
Edited by Iscariot#1538 on 8/7/2013 4:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]