Diablo® III

Did the patch cure rubber-banding?

The patch notes claim that the patch cured RB issues for Tempest Rush. I used to use TR, but the RB issues were so bad that I switched to DS. I'm considering swapping back, though.

Has anyone who wasn't using TR before the patch used it since? If so, how has it behaved for you? I'm talking about using it as part of a regular build, not a TR MP0 XP-fest skill.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
The patch did nothing as advertised. However, in the last month or so, I've noticed significantly less rubberbanding on my TR monk than any other time post-patch.
Reply Quote
View profile
VRKHYZ!

Today I kayak from the slip at Lewiston to Fort Niagara
You should join us!
Reply Quote
Welcome back V. You've been missed.

:D
Reply Quote
Hey V.
I notice the recent patch has at least halved rubber banding. It is now slightly better than it was when the previous patch really screwed it up.
It's still too unreliable for regular escapes. I use TR for transport and repositioning. With DS I cannot move in a circle, or leech while moving. It's also useful the knockback halts special abilities like beast charge.
Reply Quote
i've been using TR the way i've always wanted except when lag spikes, which makes even serenity impossible anyway.

in other words, i found rubberbanding to be largely fixed. it was reeeal bad about 1 or 2 patches back.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info, folks. I haven't noticed any RB yet, but I'm having a hard time using TR effectively during combat after so much time away and so much time using DS instead.

@GAK: You can use DS on the beasts. If you dash behind them after they begin pawing the ground, they'll charge your pre-DS position. I think they lock in your current position as their target when they begin the animation.
Reply Quote
Behold, Vrkhyz has returned. >:D

I, LR/CF, once was dead, but am alive forever more.

It's good to see you. ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]