Diablo® III

Macbook Pro 13 (2012) optimal settings level?

Hello! I have the Macbook Pro 13 (2012) i7 Intel HD 4000 model.

I was just wondering if there are general settings people run with this model to get the best performance. I have been tinkering with various settings to no prevail. Thanks!
Reply Quote
fellow MBP 2012 user here:

1280 x 800 fullscreen (you can play with the resolution actually, you can make it lower but if you're willing to sacrifice sharpness of details for a hiccup of a game speed it's up to you)
shadows - off (smooth)
physics - low
texture - high
anti-aliasing - off
low fx - checked
foreground fps - 150
bg fps - 1 to 30

on your desktop, go find:
~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Diablo III/

edit the txt file there, find and disable trilinear filtering (name below), it's defaulted at 0 so you have to edit it and put 1, save it
"DisableTrilinearFiltering: 1"

gameplay will improve and will be faster after that. it works for me :)
Reply Quote
What does editing that file actually do? It sounds like these settings severely compromise the graphics. I'm just trying to get to 50-60fps, even lower if I can still play mp10 with a full group and full screen of mobs. Is it really necessary to turn everything down that low to achieve that?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
What does editing that file actually do? It sounds like these settings severely compromise the graphics. I'm just trying to get to 50-60fps, even lower if I can still play mp10 with a full group and full screen of mobs. Is it really necessary to turn everything down that low to achieve that?

This will depend on whether or not your model has a discrete GPU or only an integrated GPU. If it's an integrated model, then yes you'll need to lower your settings accordingly. Discrete GPU models can handle slightly higher settings.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]