Diablo® III

HC Character Died in Town - How?

Coz posts like this make me laugh!

Same here. But instead of making fun of him he actually got a point..

Signed,
The Great BoBaFeTT
www.youtube.com/user/thegreatbobafettD3

Whos to say this guy didnt create the game and then afked, and then someone else joined his game. Its not his fault since he made it himself... sometimes people make a game public and after a while when no one joins people forget.
Reply Quote
Think I might pretend to afk in a few pubs while I watch tv just so I can report pkers. People get all worked up about the mobs being harder when people are afk... seriously? If you cant handle an extra 50% hp you're the one that shouldn't be there
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 04:11 AMPosted by Colin
Think I might pretend to afk in a few pubs while I watch tv just so I can report pkers. People get all worked up about the mobs being harder when people are afk... seriously? If you cant handle an extra 50% hp you're the one that shouldn't be there

This is not a fair statement at all. Why would one just join a "game" to "play" with a group then go AFK long enough for others to drag things to town?

I was playing with a friend yesterday for almost 5hrs. He was self found so every time we went to town I went AFK. He would craft / recycle things as I got to step away. He received a few wife aggros / phone calls, he would let me know so I would know to stop.

This is the ONLY way to play in co-op or a pub, communication and consideration for your fellow team mate(s)... In fact we were in such constant contact that he froze, I thought this was odd. He stopped replying come to find out his ISP went down. He finally disconnected so I left the game only to find this out earlier that evening.
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 05:19 AMPosted by BoBaFeTT
This is not a fair statement at all. Why would one just join a "game" to "play" with a group then go AFK long enough for others to drag things to town?

You get free exp/gold in town when your party completes a quest or event.

Also there is a 'bug' when you farm with players and at some point go to town you still get all the exp when the rest of your party are killing mobs. Doesn't seem to work always and I have no idea if this is intended or not.

I remember in the old days when people were dying like flies I just joined a public game with my lvl 1 char and go the gym. When I got back it was level 5. Did it again and went to take a shower and when I got back it was lvl 7 :')

Signed,
The Great BoBaFeTT
www.youtube.com/user/thegreatbobafettD3

Ahhhhhh now I understand, my ignorance is blinding to certain things, thanks for the insight.

oh and

I have enjoyed reading your posts as late. You do have insight (as most high skilled players do) that is beneficial to players like me, despite the "zoo" videos. lol
Reply Quote

To find pkers that are killing unsuspecting hardcore players and get them banned? I'm an !@#$%^-, I know..
Reply Quote

To find pkers that are killing unsuspecting hardcore players and get them banned? I'm an !@#$%^-, I know..

I did not imply nor call you any name what so ever. Therefore your self deprecating comment hasn't any merit in our discourse. When I started posting / reading these forums first thing I remember reading was the sticky up top for new players. I believe it states multiple times "Town is NOT safe" then there are others such as "NEVER go AFK in HC".

just sayin
Edited by Dirk#1158 on 6/24/2013 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizz could do the following things to clear all this stuff up:

1. Clip the town entrance so zombies can't come in (they did it w Weeping Hollow side)

2. Remove Exp/gold bonuses etc for people that are in town/AFK

3. When AFK for more than a minute player is auto-booted to the lobby so that they don't increase monster health unfairly for people that are in the game and actually playing.

Anytime I play Co-Op (seldom), in HC or SC, I always jump to the lobby if I am unsure how long I will be gone.
Edited by marmoset#1939 on 6/24/2013 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

3. When AFK for more than a minute player is auto-booted to the lobby so that they don't increase monster damage unfairly for people that are in the game and actually playing.

Damage does not increase......only health.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Be careful out there!

I am not on the forums to frequently therefore this may not be a new thing.

My hardcore character died in town and I am not sure how this happened. I was and have always been under the impression that the town area was meant to be a safe zone. I have provided the screenshot the game took when I died.

I was in town afk temporarily and when I returned my character was slain by "Walking Corpse" with two players watching close by. This doesn't make sense as I remember back in an earlier patch the "Weeping Hollow" was converted into a portal entry to no longer permit monsters in town.

Regardless, is it possible to my character revived? This is more likely a case of Player Killing or Griefing by the two less than reputable players in the attached picture, Their names are [Removed] and [Removed]. I suspect it may have been something to do with the front entrance to the Act 1 town which has a few monsters.

Anyways, if this is another oversight by the game developers then I can only shake my head in disappointment. This type of issue should not still be happening 8 patches in considering the issue was already somewhat addressed by the "Weeping Hollow" fix.

I hope my character can be revived, and this type of unsportsmanlike behavior be addressed.

Regards,
Today a hotfix went live which makes it no longer possible for hostile monsters to enter New Tristram through its eastern gate (any monster that attempts to cross this threshold should now instantly die).

If you believe that certain players previously used this tactic against you in order to intentionally grief your character, please avoid calling them out by name on the forums and instead report them by submitting a ticket so that we can investigate their accounts and take the necessary actions.

Unfortunately, as stated in our Diablo III Restorations Policy, Customer Support cannot revive fallen hardcore heroes for any reason and hardcore heroes cannot be rolled back. As such, your hero's valorous deeds will simply have to be remembered, like so many other fallen Nephalem.
Reply Quote
Today a hotfix went live which makes it no longer possible for hostile monsters to enter New Tristram through its eastern gate (any monster that attempts to cross this threshold should now instantly die).

You have my thanks.
Reply Quote
Thanks!
Reply Quote
Well, nice to see a blue poster to comment on the issue.
Reply Quote
what about act3?

the "monsters in the keep" event and those occupying the guards at the start of arreat gate, i'm not sure any griefers are ganking players with those on mp10 invite low level players on chat
Reply Quote
what about act3?

the "monsters in the keep" event and those occupying the guards at the start of arreat gate, i'm not sure any griefers are ganking players with those on mp10 invite low level players on chat

Well, nothing stops them from trying... There's like only 3 of them and they will aggro on nearby soldiers I think. You might try your luck by dragging monsters near an entrance or something... and hope they lag.

Regardless, I hope they ban people who tries to grief.
Reply Quote
ding dong
Reply Quote
Unfortunately, as stated in our Diablo III Restorations Policy, Customer Support cannot revive fallen hardcore heroes for any reason and hardcore heroes cannot be rolled back. As such, your hero's valorous deeds will simply have to be remembered, like so many other fallen Nephalem.

This is BS and you know it. You can fix the heroes that were killed due to an exploit that Blizzard failed to see and fix sooner. Terrible that you're shunning players like this.
Reply Quote
t4t blue. Now more pressing issues. Add a starcraft 2 timer/pause for DC on hardcore
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]