Diablo® III

Itemization on consoles, source?

Does anyone actually have a quote from a developer that confirms consoles are shipping with an itemization update? Just curious; I've seen a lot of people claiming this the past few days.

If you're going to tell me,"Of course it is, why else would the update take so long?" Then please don't post.
Edited by Finnway#1220 on 6/21/2013 8:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Console versions are shipping with 1.0.7 and maybe some/all of 1.0.8.

It would be a massive "screw you" to the PC players if the console version got the itemization patch months in advance.
Reply Quote
Console versions are shipping with 1.0.7 and maybe some/all of 1.0.8.

It would be a massive "screw you" to the PC players if the console version got the itemization patch months in advance.

I agree, and I don't think Blizzard works that way. I was just wondering if all the blind hate stemmed from somewhere. D3 must have the least understanding online community of any game I've ever seen.
Reply Quote
There are itemization changes on console, but it's not the same as the big revamp that's we're getting (console will probably get it as well, but it's not what they will have on release). We've seen screen shots of a low level calamity being worse than a blue of the same level. That's about all we've seen, aside from the ps3 exclusive items. Pretty much items are still fail, and if you think that the console version has done a much better job at itemization you'll most likely be very disappointed.
Reply Quote
Source that consoles are shipping with an itemization update: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9280508152?page=3#44

How much that itemization update matters is unknown at this point. Whether PC will be getting that update prior to the long term update is unknown. Console is currently different from PC. Once console releases, they may or may not port some of the console changes to the PC version. We don't know, and I'm not sure that Blizzard knows either. They will probably wait to see how people like the console version first.

It's worth noting that console doesn't have an auction house. As a result, it can have better drop rates than the PC version. How much that matters is unknown.

Eventually the console version will come out. Then we'll at least know whether it is any good. Right now, we can only speculate.
Reply Quote
View profile
i think we get the same patch as the console players get on day 1 the full itemization will take ages to test and go through PTR.
Reply Quote
07/13/2013 11:37 PMPosted by DecadoKiller
i think we get the same patch as the console players get on day 1

It definitely won't be the same and we won't be getting any type of patch content until after blizzcon. The itemization changes on console are required due to the differences in gameplay.

No AH on console = Less randomization in rolls on console

The PC has the AH built-in so we can quite easily jump on and cherry pick the exact gear we want, it was announced when the PC version launched that rolls and drop-rates were set with that in mind. Console doesn't have such a feature or even a hub with trade chat, because of this the majority of players will effectively be playing self-found. Hence rolls will be much less random and more focused to the class you are playing.

UI only allows so much loot to drop

The console ditches item labels on drops and instead opts for large easy to read icons. Due to the nature of a console UI and the fact you are sitting 5-10 feet from your television, we can't have 50+ items on-screen at once like we do with the PC version. So the devs have reduced the amount of items that drop while increasing their quality to make up for that loss. This feature will also be iterated for the PC release and come with Loot 2.0.

Loot 2.0 will be much bigger than these simple "number" changes.
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 7/14/2013 10:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]