Diablo® III

Diablo books in order.

90 Undead Warlock
Can someone please list the diablo books from first to last? I'm done with all the old republic and wow books. I think I would really like to get into the diablo ones. TY.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
If you're interested in diving into books surrounding the world of Diablo, you have a lot of really interesting reading material ahead of you!

I'd suggest you start with Diablo III: Book of Cain as a foundation (if you don't mind spoilers), and from there, dig into the rest in this roughly chronological order:

• The Diablo story starts off with the Sin War Trilogy; Birthright, Scales of the Serpent, and The Veiled Prophet. These books give you a glimpse into the Sin War from nearly 3000 years ago.
  • Legacy of Blood takes place just before the events of Diablo II, and would be next in line for consumption. The novel The Black Road and the comic Tales of Sanctuary take place near this time as well.
  • The Kingdom of Shadow, then Moon of the Spider both take place after the events of Diablo II.
  • Next you'd have the novel The Order, and the comic Sword of Justice, which take place in the years between Diablo II and Diablo III.
  • Finally, the stories in Diablo III: Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls, take place shortly before the events of Diablo III, and are another great read.

• After you're done with all of those, you also have Diablo III: Book of Tyrael to look forward to in October, as well as Diablo III: Storm of Light in 2014.

Additionally, you can check out Demonsbane, which is an exciting adventure story written in the early days of Diablo, before the Diablo II and Diablo III storylines had been clearly developed. It's one of the stories included in the Diablo Archives and I definitely recommend checking it out.

I hope that answers your question, and make sure to let us know what you think of the Diablo books and comics you read!
    Edited by Vaeflare on 9/11/2013 5:33 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Make Movies!
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warrior
    TY.
    Reply Quote
    Read almost all of them :)

Think there are different authers on the different books so some are better written than others, but still..
    If you like the lore then its a blast to read :D
    Demonsbane is great (don't know why Val forgot it, but its the first (2000, Robert B Marks).. Really got the gory, dark feel to it ;)
    Edited by Psychonaut#2909 on 7/11/2013 5:49 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    $185 for all
    Edited by Lager#1778 on 7/11/2013 5:18 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Community Manager
    Read almost all of them :)

Think there are different authers on the different books so some are better written than others, but still..
    If you like the lore then its a blast to read :D
    Demonsbane is great (don't know why Val forgot it, but its the first (2000, Robert B Marks).. Really got the gory, dark feel to it ;)
    That's awesome that you've read so many of them! Which has been your favorite Diablo book so far?

And good catch on Demonsbane!

Demonsbane is an exciting adventure story written in the early days of Diablo, before the Diablo II and Diablo III storylines had been clearly developed. It's one of the stories included in the Diablo Archives and I definitely recommend checking it out as well.
    Reply Quote
    I am also interested in learning more about the Diablo universe. Thanks for listing these books, Vaeflare. One thing I noticed, however - The Book of Cain appears to be sold out in the Blizzard Store. Any estimate on when more will be available for purchase?
    Reply Quote
    Community Manager
    07/11/2013 07:43 PMPosted by WordMaster
    I am also interested in learning more about the Diablo universe. Thanks for listing these books, Vaeflare. One thing I noticed, however - The Book of Cain appears to be sold out in the Blizzard Store. Any estimate on when more will be available for purchase?
    We don't have any estimate at this time when more will be available from the Blizzard Store, but you might try checking Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or your local retailer for a copy.
    Reply Quote
    Will it be possible to order Book of Tyrael over the blizz store and pay with my battle.net balance (also will it be available in EU)
    Reply Quote
    Here is a video I made a while back about the books in right order.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnPZUqoKfO4
    Reply Quote
    Why is the "The Black Road: Diablo #2" 5x up to 7x more expensive then #1 and #3 in the series.
    At least on Amazon. I see that it has the same low price in the Blizzard store but the shipping is quite expensive for a 7$ book.

Really want it for my collection, already have 1 and 3 :(
    Edited by Ippsi#2955 on 7/15/2013 7:46 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    1 Undead Mage
    Book Of Cain certainly opens up some interesting plot twist ideas for the expansion (namely that since Belial has the ability to create illusions of reality , it's entirely plausible that Deckard Cain is alive and that his death scene was a carefully orchestrated Belial illusion...)
    Reply Quote
    Ide like to know why Demonsbane is sooooo rare to find as a stand-alone paperback novel (I know you can get it with the Archive). Ive seen it twice once in Borders and the other was in a used bookstore YEARS ago.
    Reply Quote
    When will Diablo III: Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls come out in print. I like actual books, not e-books.
    Reply Quote
    Is there any way I can still get ALL of these in hardcover?? I really do not want to have to purchase the paperbacks...
    Reply Quote
    Mmmm... The only ones that I have in hardcover are The Book of Cain and The Order. I'm not sure, but the Sword of Justice compilation book that just released might be hardcover. Every other book I have is paperback. I don't know if hardcovers of them exist, but I've never looked.
    Reply Quote
    100 Dwarf Paladin
    Why is a hardcover not being made available?
    Reply Quote
    The books are back in the store, feel free to update any links if you so desire :)
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]