Diablo® III

Logical explanation of Barb belts with life steal

06/22/2013 10:03 AMPosted by UnsentSoul
cm wiz is easy mode, ww/hota barbs easier mode, all other classes are balanced.

Seeing how your wiz uses cm I guess you had to make yourself feel better by saying something else is easier? I've been using the HotA/rend build for atleast 9 months and ill admit with proper gear it is less challenging but isn't that the whole point of gearing up?

I play barb on the side too brother. Yes, I feel much better.
Reply Quote
Anyone can explain me why barb belts are with life steal and all other chars arent! i guess i missed that explanation somewhere sometime. i am sure there is a reasonable explanation otherwise this would be very irrational.

Jay Wilson plays Barbarian.
Reply Quote
View profile
because if they put even 3% life leech on belts for all classes people wouldnt need health globes once in a while. or a double ll/dps weapon setup, less $, blizz cannot allow it!@!(@*!(#*!@#$*9123748912one
Reply Quote
Barbs have Lifesteal on belt because pre inferno nerf days it was nearly impossible to survive as a barb. Not to mention LoH was way more widely used, so the Lifesteal on belt was negligible. Everyone wanted AR and vit not Lifesteal.
Reply Quote
It is possible that the barb by design is weaker than say monk and ls on belts (only for barbs) makes up for it
Maybe that's the reason for 2 piece ik = 60 all res too
Reply Quote
Imo the set signature weapons for each class should come with LS as a fix mod instead of the LoH they have atm which is pointless.
Out of all the set weapons, only the WD knife is usable.

Bul Kathos blades > remove loh, add LS
Shenlong fists > remove loh, add LS
Danetta's xbows > remove loh, add LS

I want to use signature weapons damnit.
Reply Quote
this post is funny, especially when you consider you got like 5 other threads debating on WH or IK

and i dont get no respect when i say:
"anybody can equip a WH, but only barbs can get ls on their belt, why would you give that up?"
Reply Quote
it does not matter, witching hour is the best belt, for all classes.
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 08:27 PMPosted by MrPresident
it does not matter, witching hour is the best belt, for all classes.

with an unlimited budget perhaps, but i'll argue that no gear set can be unlimited, so any gearset with WH i would then argue can be spent more effectively by getting an ik instead, since getting that LS on belt opens up a lot more dmg potential for you on your wpns, the slots some might argue are the ones that have the most significant effect on dmg.
Reply Quote
There is belts that have LS that aren't just for barbs.
Reply Quote
Barbs rule.
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Winky
There is belts that have LS that aren't just for barbs.

our education such as in South Africa and the Iraq everywhere, like such as and I believe that they should our education over here, in the U.S., should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so will be able to help build up our future.
Reply Quote
hmmm lose 20k dps for 3% life steal... riiiight...
Reply Quote
A monk that has awe complaining in the barb forum. Either a troll or l2p issues.
Reply Quote
hmmm lose 20k dps for 3% life steal... riiiight...

there there, you're just not looking at the overall picture, and just looking at the belt slot isolated.

thats wrong, what ik does is allow you to drop that LS from your wpn and get more critdmg, wpn dmg in those slots. also, youll have more ehp.
Reply Quote
View profile
@ Borat. your hijacking the thread for a debate. the guy simply asked why barb belts have LS and no others do.

i think part of the answer was already stated when saying other classes have an oh crap button to make themself immune, or protect themself.

as for melee being only monk / barb - at the beginning of the game when it was harder. these 2 were the couple classes that had to tank and needed more sustainability . and they used to take more dmg before D3 updated with a melee class taking reduced dmg from melee attacks.

to use an analogy. it was like having a bullet proof vest because the enemy had guns. now the enemy has lesser effective dmg, but barbs still have their bullet proof vest.

monks have transcendance, life per spirit spent , serenity - invinsibility. and a heal ability that can be runed to boost DPS and items monk specific to give life per spirit spent.

ranged at the start of D3 was not usually in the middle of a lot of mobs, and did positioning / kiting
and crowd control effects. im sure when they released D3, they didnt think ranged would be trying to tank so much or find ways to do it.

for ranged i am not very experienced to know fully the abilities / passives they have to debate.
but for example. WD's have option to have pets to tank , spirit walk immunity / rune for heal / mana etc etc
wiz have diamond skin and frost nova/ teleport etc

so to answer the question would really take the designers to explain truly.
but i would assume when it was thought of, that barbs had LS
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 09:58 AMPosted by InnerTurmoil
@ Borat. your hijacking the thread for a debate. the guy simply asked why barb belts have LS and no others do.

no, i'm not. i think before we ask the question of why barbs are the only ones who can get LS on belts, we first have to establish that other classes not being able to do that is a disadvantage, which would subsequently make LS belts a better gearing choice.

you have to accept the fact that the person who made this thread is implying some sort of injustice for all the other classes, or an unfair advantage for barbs only.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]