Diablo® III

Calling on TR/bell monks for equipping tips

@nameless i couldnt have explained it better myself.

i find myself at the limit now, using overawe i just manage to balance TR consumption and regen. if i switch to nats over zuni (which im reluctant to) i will actually lose spirit while TRing, which i dont really like.
Reply Quote
I ran with a really good zuni for a long time. But switching to nats is a big step up. You get a lot more survivability, and with increased crit chance and AS gives you so much more spirit with quickening it's amazing at high MP.

You shouldn't be losing spirit. I run Fleet Footed, +23%AS and still gain spirit while TR.
You've got 2.18+2.22+0.33+2+1+3 = 10.73 x 1.47 = 15.77 spirit / second
You've got +8%AS. You should be able to run +50%AS and still not lose spirit.
It'll change a lot when you get inna chest. Keeping SW up 100% of the time becomes very cheap.
Edited by GAK#6148 on 6/23/2013 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I ran with a really good zuni for a long time. But switching to nats is a big step up. You get a lot more survivability, and with increased crit chance and AS gives you so much more spirit with quickening it's amazing at high MP.

You shouldn't be losing spirit. I run Fleet Footed, +23%AS and still gain spirit while TR.
You've got 2.18+2.22+0.33+2+1+3 = 10.73 x 1.47 = 15.77 spirit / second
You've got +8%AS. You should be able to run +50%AS and still not lose spirit.
It'll change a lot when you get inna chest. Keeping SW up 100% of the time becomes very cheap.

i hear u. i figure i'll hold on to zuni till p100, since i want my 35% xp boost on HF ring. after that, i'll go nats.

then again, getting killed is such a pain. maybe i'll go shopping right now...
Reply Quote
Yes Zuni is good if you need HF.
I dropped all my exp gear at p90. Still went to 100 in a week of normal play. Once you hit 100 it's quite an anticlimax.
Reply Quote
im sold. the points u made regarding spirit recovery and quickening are solid. i think i can afford to gain xp a little slower.
Reply Quote
@GAK, my jaw dropped after saw your Skorn.

What is everybody's Skorn purchased price?
Mine is only 30mil and any upgrade would cost me in the hundreds of million's mark.
I can safely survive mp10. This makes me wonder shall I go for a 1.4k dps skorn... (and gold is concern) for the ___ seconds faster kill time.
currently running with +8%IAS only ;-)
Reply Quote
$99. Purchased from profits so very satisfying. I have seen some people wearing better but nothing as good on rmah. Took me about 3 weeks.
There is an overpriced duped on rmah now which has slightly more dps but the LS is too low.
Druins hammer is the best I've seen.

If you buy another, go for high crit. It tends to be underpriced compared to damage. High LS is important. Don't get less than 5.
Edited by GAK#6148 on 6/24/2013 3:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
$99. Purchased from profits so very satisfying. I have seen some people wearing better but nothing as good on rmah. Took me about 3 weeks.
There is an overpriced duped on rmah now which has slightly more dps but the LS is too low.
Druins hammer is the best I've seen.

If you buy another, go for high crit. It tends to be underpriced compared to damage. High LS is important. Don't get less than 5.

o god stop talking about druin's hammer i'll get the fits.

most of the high CD/LS skorns with >1400 dps are in RMAH. its sad. i should have sold my EF there instead.
Reply Quote
I just got a new skorn yesterday too... pretty satisfied with it so far. Also had to go RMAH for it which i was able to afford after selling a high dex/vit innas belt. Explored other options like people selling on diabloprogress but everyone there wanted 10bil+ for similar items.
Reply Quote
Your vitality gems aren't helping you any as well.

In general though get high dex rolls on everything, get max or near max crit rolls, and any slot that can have crit dmg needs to have it at near max roll (I'm looking at that hellfire)
Reply Quote
Your vitality gems aren't helping you any as well.

In general though get high dex rolls on everything, get max or near max crit rolls, and any slot that can have crit dmg needs to have it at near max roll (I'm looking at that hellfire)

did u not notice the very pathetic hp total in the red globe?

i'd LOVE to put my emeralds back in those sockets, but im not nearly daft enough to run around with 32k hp. (i farm mp7-8) once i roll shoulders or gloves with vit i'll put my emeralds back in.

as for HF, what can i say. one bad roll after another. sigh.
Edited by HuntingFox#6284 on 6/24/2013 8:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 01:37 PMPosted by HuntingFox
i find myself at the limit now, using overawe i just manage to balance TR consumption and regen. if i switch to nats over zuni (which im reluctant to) i will actually lose spirit while TRing, which i dont really like.

At what rate? I'm used to losing a total of 1 or 2 spirit per second. But since I stop to fight on average once every 5-10 seconds, it only represents a total 20 spirit loss out of a full spirit of 250 (since I have ES passive). In the grand scheme of things, I can live with that for now if it means that I can get higher DPS or survivability. And one or two swings of FoT/Q will regain all of the spirit lost between packs, so it's not a huge deal.

06/24/2013 01:31 AMPosted by HuntingFox
im sold. the points u made regarding spirit recovery and quickening are solid. i think i can afford to gain xp a little slower.

Good. Because that hellfire ring is pretty crappy and it's costing you some nice DPS. Personally, I'd go nats boots/ring combo because of the extra CHC -- I have 4% ChC + 7% bonus... which is awesome for spirit gain with FoT/Q and also more ChC on bells which is awesome. And honestly, if you really want to gain XP faster, run more group games... which way better for XP than the hellfire, IMO.
Reply Quote

At what rate? I'm used to losing a total of 1 or 2 spirit per second. But since I stop to fight on average once every 5-10 seconds, it only represents a total 20 spirit loss out of a full spirit of 250 (since I have ES passive). In the grand scheme of things, I can live with that for now if it means that I can get higher DPS or survivability. And one or two swings of FoT/Q will regain all of the spirit lost between packs, so it's not a huge deal.

well the problem is precisely that im not enjoying a high CC because I havent transitioned to zuni (im shopping for the nat set now). Because of that im still relying more on regen than FOTQ.

06/24/2013 08:44 AMPosted by Nameless
Good. Because that hellfire ring is pretty crappy and it's costing you some nice DPS. Personally, I'd go nats boots/ring combo because of the extra CHC -- I have 4% ChC + 7% bonus... which is awesome for spirit gain with FoT/Q and also more ChC on bells which is awesome. And honestly, if you really want to gain XP faster, run more group games... which way better for XP than the hellfire, IMO.

duly noted. still will have to wait till i get the nat stuff. so many ripoffs on AH right now.
Reply Quote
hi gents, im back and now that much closer to 200k pdps.

feels good to be dropping bells that consistently hit 1m or above, or even 1.5m if i refresh overawe.

now the only problem left is my eHP, and i dont see many options other than rolling and rerolling those shoulders and gloves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]