Reply Quote
BigBaller has hit 4.1m...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BigBaller-1318/

Fish has 3.5m

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fish-1131/
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 6/22/2013 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ISmkPotatoes,

Its a parody thread mocking benchmark posts. Dont feed into this. Its been going on for weeks.
Reply Quote
View profile
llama hit 2.7mil with a skorn. you've got a long ways to go.
Reply Quote
Same person or other people?
Reply Quote
Pretty sure this is not a parody, and i'm 100% sure he said no dupes. BOTH of those mentioned clearly have dupes.

Props to you silverfire for being original.
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 03:13 PMPosted by tomcruise
Pretty sure this is not a parody, and i'm 100% sure he said no dupes. BOTH of those mentioned clearly have dupes.

if subtext was a giant metal bat, you still wouldnt feel it.

that exact reason u mentioned, is what makes it a parody, or a mockery, or at the very least a lil shot at the leets out there who would obviously be using dupes, because the best items are the ones that get duped.
Reply Quote

Trust me its a mockery. Silverfire knows very well people have hit 2mil tDPS at 1mil EHP. For whatever reason the tDPS threads have got a few people all bent for no good reason what so every. Its really disappointing to see people that I personally have enjoyed reading and learned from over the past year resort to making fun others.
Reply Quote

Trust me its a mockery. Silverfire knows very well people have hit 2mil tDPS at 1mil EHP. For whatever reason the tDPS threads have got a few people all bent for no good reason what so every. Its really disappointing to see people that I personally have enjoyed reading and learned from over the past year resort to making fun others.

People do the same thing about Self Found. Baffles me as to why people dislike them. Who the hell are they hurting?
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 03:29 PMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
People do the same thing about Self Found. Baffles me as to why people dislike them. Who the hell are they hurting?

Self Found = i give up on trying to get upgrades because i cant, but i'll justify my crap gear by playing self found.

also, they want their own game mode...why? they cant control themselves? or they need a badge of honor to wear on their crappy gear?
Reply Quote

Oh come on BB, smile, it's a game.
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Borat

Self Found = i give up on trying to get upgrades because i cant, but i'll justify my crap gear by playing self found.

also, they want their own game mode...why? they cant control themselves? or they need a badge of honor to wear on their crappy gear?

It's like having your own league. I don't play self found, but I sure as hell would play it. I'd play it more than I play the current game. It's something new, it's something that feels like you are in competition with others and it feels like you're on the same page as everyone else. Not that it would stop others from using a bot, but if you don't get that, then you're just a person who sees their player as a collectors car. You get the car, you don't actually drive it very often, but you spend thousands of dollars making it look pretty and run better.
Reply Quote
ISmkkPotatoes,

Well it should not be hurting anyone. What these forums should be used for are a source of knowledge for those looking to achieve whatever goal they wish to pursue.......Whether it be Paper DPS, hammer DPS, tDPS, EHP, kill times etc. Each and every player has their own goals. In some cases their goal might be all of them, one of them, or a combination of them.

Unfortunately, individuals have taken it upon themselves to be judge and jury as to what is most important, what is useless, what is silly, pointless whatever. In this case it has been around the topic of Benchmark threads specifically tDPS. The latest example by Fish.......3.5m tDPS at 1 mil EHP.

You see Potatoes.........in relation to kill times high tDPS is not necessarily going to give you faster kill times then say a skorn user using WW/REND for example or Hybrid HOTA/WW/REND. So the self proclaimed D3 PHD's have taken it upon themselves to clown and mock those who are striving for higher tDPS with EHP. In there opinion, since you can achieve just as fast kill times or even fasster kill times with way less gear then those who have been posting about tDPS......they believe its stupid. Or useless. I mean why spend 50 billion when you can spend 5 and kill just as fast right.

However, that is not necessarily the point. If your goal was to have the fastest kill times and you were stated that 3.5m tDPS will give you the fastest kill times then I would completely agree. But if your goal was to get your tDPS as high as possible, then the post has meaning, and can have meaning for all others who wish to strive for the same thing. At no point should anyone decide for others what is the be all end all in this game. And that is what has happened lately in these forums.

As a consequence, their has been threads mocking or doing silly parody's of peoples posts. But some can not grasp that everyone plays their own way.........and these forums should be a source of knowledge for people to read, experiment, and then make up their own mind how they want to play and what their own personal goals should be.

I personally have read and learned from these very individuals and then have tested and experimented on my own to formulate my own conclusions on various things. And to see that they are making fun and mocking certain topics is disappointing. I think its just horse sh1t.
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 03:48 PMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
It's like having your own league. I don't play self found, but I sure as hell would play it. I'd play it more than I play the current game. It's something new, it's something that feels like you are in competition with others and it feels like you're on the same page as everyone else. Not that it would stop others from using a bot, but if you don't get that, then you're just a person who sees their player as a collectors car. You get the car, you don't actually drive it very often, but you spend thousands of dollars making it look pretty and run better.

u dont need a self found mode to play self found.

its like a getting a sepeate mode for 1handed gameplay, or eyes closed mode.
Reply Quote
Just curious. What does tDPS actually measure? The specifics. If it doesn't give faster kill speed, I want to know what it does. Is it like having a pvp dummy?
Reply Quote
u dont need a self found mode to play self found.

its like a getting a sepeate mode for 1handed gameplay, or eyes closed mode.

So than, PoE should stop doing their ladders because it's bad design? Not fun at all and a blind run along? It's like telling me that I shouldn't replay Chrono Trigger because it's a console game. I enjoy the story, I enjoy the gameplay, so I replay it. What would be more fun? Starting over to listen to the story or be max level and just killing stuff?
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 04:03 PMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
Just curious. What does tDPS actually measure? The specifics. If it doesn't give faster kill speed, I want to know what it does. Is it like having a pvp dummy?

tDPS is the amount of damage out put form your ww/Tornadoes. The higher your tDPS the more damage you will do as a WW barb. So is tDPS a good indicator of your gear and kill speed. Absolutely. Does it mean that it will guarantee faster kill times.....no. Kill times can be influenced by many things depending on your gear and build. So if you using WW/Rend and you have skorn.....your Rend is going to hit way harder and make up for the lack of tDPS you might have with a skorn. Second, that skorn wont fear mobs causing them to run, so even if you do less damage then say a barb who uses an EF you might still kill faster, because with the skorn the mobs stay more closely bunched together allowing you to hit more. These are just examples. So tDPS is not the be all end all and it certainly is not the deciding factor for fastest kill times.

However, no matter what my gear or build is.......whether it be skorn, EF/Dagger, axe/mace.........I can assure you that with in your own build if your using tornadoes that the higher your tDPS the faster you will kill.
Edited by BigBaller#1318 on 6/22/2013 4:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
please post mp10 vota vid. curious to see elite times. PhatPhoEater never posted one, instead focusing on ghom kill times.
Edited by Nived#1902 on 6/22/2013 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Nived have a recommended program for capturing the vids?
Reply Quote
bandicam
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]