Diablo® III

Nirvana Monk Kimsulki84 MP10 Yellow in 5 Sec.

06/20/2013 11:07 AMPosted by phocas
Were you using your sword and a LS EF?

Nope! No EF. :D

stop trolling us with your profile lol.

I noticed the lack of the SOJ and the WKL in your most recent updated gear and new it couldn't be true.
Very very sneaky.

Impressive accomplishment tho. I am also trying to achieve the coveted 1 Nirvana Champion

Haha sorry. I'll get it out after work today!

Just try this build out and man I must say this build is really sick. To people who came up with this build. Really good job!

Honestly I think we monk should stop talking about this build and keep it as a secret or else Barbar come in here and see how overpowered we are and just cry to make Blizzard nerft it :)

Glad you are having fun with it. It's been out for a long time already though. It's just getting more popular now.

@Kim

I didn't realize you were using Combination Strike in place of Beacon of Ytar.

I hope you don't mind saying too, but just so noobies don't get confused, that is great for showing off kill times in one Nirvana cycle, but for any kills that take more than one or for regular farming that will severely reduce your real dps!

No worries. It's all good.

And yes, for regular farming, BoY is the hands down the most important part of all nirvana builds.

I did some more testing this morning without Combo Strike. Same results.

I'm gonna pick up some more stuff after work and do some more testing. Trying to find the optimum balance of DPS & APS for this. I usually hate theorycrafting, so I just buy stuff and test it out.

But if any monk is trying to do COTA or Flag VOTA runs for DE, this is one of the most effective build for sure.

When I was testing different set up for this, I was keep doing COTA and WR myself. I got so many DEs within like 1 hour of testing. haha

Awesome kill time, bro.

I haven't really look into Fitz's Nirvana guide yet.
I 'll check it out.
Seems pretty nice.

Thanks bro.

It's pretty much the same thing with the Blow Job monking build with Bell on it.
Reply Quote
Very impressing. It seems to be fasted elite killed by monk i've ever seen.

One question: couldn't EP be more useful then SW in this case?
Reply Quote
Thanks! EP might be cool to test it out.

Still have a lot of ideas on this thing. Gonna test it out more after work. Fun stuff.
Reply Quote
Mind testing an old fashioned spirit spec against it? You're speed would be fun to watch with this spec:

overawe,quickening,empoweredwave,faithinlight,innerstorm,blazingfists,exalted,combinationstrike, fleetfooted

or something similar with DS or chantores subbing.
Reply Quote
Try using deadly reach foresight instead of SW, i think it will cut your kill time more :)
Reply Quote
06/20/2013 01:19 PMPosted by KimSulki84
Were you using your sword and a LS EF?

This is madness!
Reply Quote
Mind testing an old fashioned spirit spec against it? You're speed would be fun to watch with this spec:

overawe,quickening,empoweredwave,faithinlight,innerstorm,blazingfists,exalted,combinationstrike, fleetfooted

or something similar with DS or chantores subbing.

Yeah, once I get this thing figured out a little more. I'm gonna do some non-nirvana bell builds for the comparison. But without taking in the regular farming effectiveness, nirvana bell should put out the most burst dmg. We'll see.

06/20/2013 03:39 PMPosted by Ansela
Try using deadly reach foresight instead of SW, i think it will cut your kill time more :)

Yeah, I'll try that too.

I was trying to find the best weapon set up for this last night. Probably gonna mess around with the skill set up tonight. :D

This is madness!

Hehehehe yeah, no EF.

CD EF just wasn't cutting it over my other weapons when I was testing it multiple times over and over again.

It was good news for me since I really don't like fear.
Edited by KimSulki84#1308 on 6/20/2013 3:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi Kim :-)

edit

do you has try this bulid in VOTA Run?
Edited by N1K0#1135 on 6/21/2013 5:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi Kim :-)

edit

do you has try this bulid in VOTA Run?

Yes, just did a solo run after reading your post.

Used this build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UYSXek!XVZ!bccYaa

Every pack was either 1 or 2 cycle.
Reply Quote
Kim, can you reveal the "secret" what's the sweet weapon combo we need here? I bought the axe in my profile to test out, but I think it needs higher avg damage and a %attack speed modifier.

Bump for more info!

Also, is SoJ the secret ingredient I'm not using? If I swap my rare ring out with one I lose 45k DPS so I don't think it's worth it even if the bells use weapon damage...
Reply Quote
I used my mainhand sword with another rare with high dex / high cd / socket / ls.

You do NOT need dual ls for this to work obviously, so don't worry about the ls. I'm just a dual ls fanboy that's why I had it.

EF CD works well too. :)

The APS on mainhand matters, so I would try not to get something under +1.4aps. Doesn't have to be crazy fast. In my opinion, 1.4aps is good balance between each bell dmg and number of bells you can throw down within 5 seconds.

Still have ton of weapons to test it out, so gonna tackle this this weekend.

And I checked your monk on d3rawr, swapping out your rare for SOJ gives you massive bell dmg upgrade on elite. So, use SOJ.
Reply Quote
I think Attack Speed is the biggest secret ingredient. It makes the biggest dps difference in a spread sheet that I have for the Nirvana 5 sec dmg.

Of course it must be accompanied by good CC/CD/Dex

Average damage surprisingly seems to be the least important for some reason. For my setup, 1 ATS is about = to 10 average damage. So 9 ATS = 90 average damage and obviously that 9 ATS is way easier to get them an item with 90 average.
Reply Quote
I think Attack Speed is the biggest secret ingredient. It makes the biggest dps difference in a spread sheet that I have for the Nirvana 5 sec dmg.

Of course it must be accompanied by good CC/CD/Dex

Average damage surprisingly seems to be the least important for some reason. For my setup, 1 ATS is about = to 10 average damage. So 9 ATS = 90 average damage and obviously that 9 ATS is way easier to get them an item with 90 average.

That's one of the ingredients, definitely.

It all depends on how you are set up in gears. So many other things that can get mixed up on this. I usually don't like theorycrafting. I like testing in game with checking it on d3rawr. Will see how it goes.
Reply Quote
Well looks like I have a goal this weekend....

Attain the coveted 1 Nirvana Champion kill.

Expect a video by Sunday....I hope
Reply Quote
Good luck!
Reply Quote
06/20/2013 03:46 PMPosted by KimSulki84
CD EF just wasn't cutting it over my other weapons when I was testing it multiple times over and over again.

...O_o? ... I trust that you did have FiTL/Wall of Light in your build while doing this?
I'm not defending that EF is the best weapon but... just asking ...
Reply Quote
SoJ = wow! !!

I actually lost 56k pdps but I am just about able to take down most elites in 1 cycle! The ones that take 2-3 are shielding, reflect, and nightmarish or extra health.

I'd have to say that taking 15 seconds to down a pack compared to 1 min+ before that this is easily the most powerful build I've ever used in game.

Takes some time to master the execution of skills but when you get it right... :-)
Reply Quote
SoJ = wow! !!

I actually lost 56k pdps but I am just about able to take down most elites in 1 cycle! The ones that take 2-3 are shielding, reflect, and nightmarish or extra health.

I'd have to say that taking 15 seconds to down a pack compared to 1 min+ before that this is easily the most powerful build I've ever used in game.

Takes some time to master the execution of skills but when you get it right... :-)

Could you bind those gloves to my account instead?!? :)
Reply Quote

Could you bind those gloves to my account instead?!? :)

Look closer.... NOT account bound ;-)
Reply Quote
haaa good point.

How much did those cost you
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]