Diablo® III

Nirvana Monk Kimsulki84 MP10 Yellow in 5 Sec.

06/21/2013 11:49 AMPosted by QHTran
CD EF just wasn't cutting it over my other weapons when I was testing it multiple times over and over again.

...O_o? ... I trust that you did have FiTL/Wall of Light in your build while doing this?
I'm not defending that EF is the best weapon but... just asking ...

It's a tradeoff. +150dex vs. +.25aps. It all depends on how you are geared.

At the moment, when I was testing it, my rares were giving me more juice.

SoJ = wow! !!

I actually lost 56k pdps but I am just about able to take down most elites in 1 cycle! The ones that take 2-3 are shielding, reflect, and nightmarish or extra health.

I'd have to say that taking 15 seconds to down a pack compared to 1 min+ before that this is easily the most powerful build I've ever used in game.

Takes some time to master the execution of skills but when you get it right... :-)

I told you! :D

Yeah, your stats say you can definitely do it in my eyes. Sometimes it's hard to pull it off because the mobs around it dies before I down the yellow or there are other annoying things that can prevent you from killing it in 5 seconds, but it's all good. Fun stuff.
Reply Quote
I think this build is excellent. I'm using it on MP10 solo now. Killing elites are very easily. I will try to replace my MH marquise emerald to marquise ruby later. I saw you changed to SW cyclone. Is it because you use WKL right?

Of course, I need to "Thanks" to "Fitz" offering this original Nirvana build on the forum.
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 6/22/2013 2:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yo kim ..
It's not playing video for me weird..
Anyway We gotta get a monk group together.
Reply Quote
Hi Kim :-)

edit

do you has try this bulid in VOTA Run?

Yes, just did a solo run after reading your post.

Used this build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UYSXek!XVZ!bccYaa

Every pack was either 1 or 2 cycle.

nice combine skill Kim, i try some combine skill just base my style but always used EP and WOL... need more godly weapon on my MH lol

EP and WOL for ubers so amazing with SOJ WOL but for run i just used SOJ FOT
Reply Quote
pssst.. thats not a nirvana build.

wheres this video i cant find a link taht works
Reply Quote
I could only get 3 second elite kill. I was hoping for 2 :(

guess I should use a ruby
Edited by smokymkpot#1537 on 6/22/2013 5:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't understand how you manage to keep things alive long enough to kill the elite. I seem to drop one bell and everything is dead and i lose my spirit regen.

:(.
Reply Quote
was just in a fabulous mp10 pub. Cmass + WD firebats + Barb actually using warcry.. longest an elite took when were all together was less than 15 sec on shielding hehe
Reply Quote
I think this build is excellent. I'm using it on MP10 solo now. Killing elites are very easily. I will try to replace my MH marquise emerald to marquise ruby later. I saw you changed to SW cyclone. Is it because you use WKL right?

Of course, I need to "Thanks" to "Fitz" offering this original Nirvana build on the forum.

Nice.

Ruby is definitely better for the builds that use bell as the main dmg dealer.

I changed to SW Cyclone on the VOTA spec because I wanted more sustainability. No WKL for this spec.

Yo kim ..
It's not playing video for me weird..
Anyway We gotta get a monk group together.

First line in OP dude.

Yes, just did a solo run after reading your post.

Used this build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UYSXek!XVZ!bccYaa

Every pack was either 1 or 2 cycle.

nice combine skill Kim, i try some combine skill just base my style but always used EP and WOL... need more godly weapon on my MH lol

EP and WOL for ubers so amazing with SOJ WOL but for run i just used SOJ FOT

Thanks. THere can be other variants depending on the playstyle. I usually use WOL SOJ over other ones if I'm using bell.

I could only get 3 second elite kill. I was hoping for 2 :(

guess I should use a ruby

How about Topaz for some thorn dmg? That should be GG.

I don't understand how you manage to keep things alive long enough to kill the elite. I seem to drop one bell and everything is dead and i lose my spirit regen.

It's very tricky. Pulling this off in action is actually the hardest part I would say. haha You have to strategically FoF the mobs that are on the opposite side of the unique mob or aim the bells at the edge of the unique to avoid killing the mobs around that's giving you the spirit regen.
Reply Quote

It's very tricky. Pulling this off in action is actually the hardest part I would say. haha You have to strategically FoF the mobs that are on the opposite side of the unique mob or aim the bells at the edge of the unique to avoid killing the mobs around that's giving you the spirit regen.

Its really the hardest part. They are dying too fast :(

I've tried Sunkeeper for this build - it works well. With high dex, 90%CD and 10% against elites - it costs much cheaper than dps equivalent rare mace (7 euros instead of 50 on eu-rmah for top stuff, e.g.) - and produces 10% dmg less to white mobs :)
Reply Quote
My profile is showing my new SKorn set up. It downed the pack within 1 cycle as well. Seems a little easier with this set up. SOJ on.
Reply Quote
Using CS to bring them in is the best way to gather mobs, and a soj with cold doesn't hurt ether. With the right pieces you can get 70%+ crit chance So bringing up the lower end of the damage with rubies really helps to crit in the millions.
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 08:15 AMPosted by KimSulki84
My profile is showing my new SKorn set up. It downed the pack within 1 cycle as well. Seems a little easier with this set up. SOJ on.

Awesome ! Well done. I always wondered why some people say 2H Nirvana = fail.
Reply Quote

Awesome ! Well done. I always wondered why some people say 2H Nirvana = fail.

Well because the dmg multipler from blinding flash depends on attack speed; thus higher attack speed has the counter-intuitive higher edps with flash up. Its a bug imho. Also you can't take advantage of main being high dmg + ruby + high attack speed while the offhand is a meh dmg, LS, 210CD, dex weapon.

@op
That is a nice burst on a stationary rare that does not get kb as much. What are the solo mp10 vota clear times?
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 6/23/2013 1:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Anyone else got the 1 cycle done!?
Reply Quote
What's Nirvana Monk Kim? sorry im noob
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 10:06 AMPosted by GreenLink
What's Nirvana Monk Kim? sorry im noob

It's using the synergy of Breath of Heaven INfused with light and Way of Hundred Fists Fist of Fury. You get infinite spirit regen for 5 seconds if you hit +2 mobs with FoF.
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 05:14 AMPosted by Cayzer
I don't understand how you manage to keep things alive long enough to kill the elite.

common problem, frankly and it the downside to this build... I usually just DS directly to the elite hauling some trash behind hopefully, activate on the trash, then turn around and let bells fly at the E. I have to try to activate on something that isn't taking the full bells treatment; also, I had to keep FoT:Q on my bar for the nirvana downtime to keep alive...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UdaXYe!XbV!bbYYca

works OK for me
Reply Quote
I find this build hard to use without Sweeping winds to help with damage during downtime and more important the life steal for sustain. Why not just keep your mantra or SW and use FOT:TC for better dps during downtime and a short dash to mobs?
Reply Quote
Hi Kimsulki84, I like to try out this build. Any recommendations for my gears? Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]