Diablo® III

Nirvana Monk Kimsulki84 MP10 Yellow in 5 Sec.

06/23/2013 09:30 AMPosted by KimSulki84
Anyone else got the 1 cycle done!?

Failed :/..... MP 9 goes down no problem, MP 10 falls about 4-8 Mill HP short

I think I could do about MP 9.4 lol
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 05:37 AMPosted by TH0R
Anyone else got the 1 cycle done!?

Failed :/..... MP 9 goes down no problem, MP 10 falls about 4-8 Mill HP short

I think I could do about MP 9.4 lol

It is definitely work. I just played with Kim on MP10 Act 2.
Reply Quote
Excellent, Kimsulki, the Force is strong in you! >:D
Reply Quote
A video of my skorn spec taking down on 2 MP10 Blue Packs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogVAKhC0-oo&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 07:54 AMPosted by Angelthirst
Excellent, Kimsulki, the Force is strong in you! >:D

We know CountFury, you are original founder for this build named Darkside right?
Reply Quote
yes, but I am simply a humble man and a dark wanderer.
Fitz is the one in charge of it, he is the reason it is publicly known. >:)
I am but the passion behind the scene, mwuahahaha!
Reply Quote
Good stuff Angelthirst. Thanks.
Reply Quote
yes, but I am simply a humble man and a dark wanderer.
Fitz is the one in charge of it, he is the reason it is publicly known. >:)
I am but the passion behind the scene, mwuahahaha!

We knew your name long time ago. You are not only humble but also humor too.Hahaha :D
Reply Quote
By the way, what I don't really like about the 2Hander set up is that it’s slow. Everything’s just slow compare to DW. I can’t play a full run with 2Hander. In the middle of the run, I always find myself switching to DW.

It’s just preference I’m sure.

But the fact is that there’s no better or worse set up between them. Both work perfectly and have pros/cons.
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 10:36 AMPosted by KimSulki84
By the way, what I don't really like about the 2Hander set up is that it’s slow. Everything’s just slow compare to DW. I can’t play a full run with 2Hander. In the middle of the run, I always find myself switching to DW.

I used to play exclusively DW until I picked up my first skorn around paragon 60 or so. Slowly but surely, I started transitioning to 2H play and now I play almost exclusively 2H... maybe 90% of my play. I find it far more engaging than DW play right now and so I have the exact opposite problem from you -- I can't play DW for any longer than 10 or 15 minutes before going back to 2H.

Here's the thing with 2H -- you can't play with the same kind of expectations as DW. Whereas DW will almost always be more of a punch-based style (with spurts of semi-hard hitting combos with nirvana + bell) and IAS is more of a prized commodity, 2H is more of a hard-hitting playstyle that requires less punching and more spirit spending where CHD will be prized more than IAS. A DW build on a 2H monk (and by association.. a 2H build on a DW monk) makes very little sense, IMO.

Truth be told, if I ran your 2H spec, I'd be heading back to DW too as I'd be bored to tears. That spec is not taking full advantage of the skills and strengths that 2H has to offer to make the experience a really positive one. You are missing TGP (an absolutely essential skill that all 2H monks have to have on their toolbar) and TR/Tailwind (another important skill even for higher level play but can be substituted for DS/Q) because it helps with travel time in between mobs and gathering more mobs into your area before you drop any of your bells and thus, increased efficiency with play.

Anyway, that's my 2c anyway.
Reply Quote
I agree with what Nameless said. You cannot play the same build with DW and 2H and be equally happy. However, you can be equally happy playing different DW and 2H builds.
Cheers!
Reply Quote
Oh, I didn't see this. I was talking about the playstyle difference in general between 2H vs DW.

The skill spec I have on my monk was just to make couple video clips.

When I run regular runs with my friends, I usually like the use the exact spec that you have on Nameless. And I usually don't run STI for 2Hander, it's either FF or Chant.

And just for the record, wasn't bashing on the 2H monks at all. I just prefer DW set up. That's all. :)

I just collect different monk weapons and shields for fun. That's why I bought that Skorn.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFrcU2A0kF0&feature=youtu.be

Get at me Kim!!! I can do it to lol

Took awhile but I got it, I can only get it to work like half the time though and I used foresight for the bonus dmg
Reply Quote
Wow Kim when'd you get that skorn?

I had the pleasure of having a 300k DPS monk that never used wave of light tell me he outdamages me x EVERYDAY

I should just keep a link on my profile to that youtube video since we have same DPS with skorns on.

Actually have yet to do either but I almost always run with 3 other people.

Best groups have killed regular elites < 7 seconds ( I want to say under 5 but not for sure).

Extra Health in 10-15seocnds.

Talking 450k + Archon, 220k + WD Plagued Bats, 300k Barb Hota, and me kinda groups tho.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFrcU2A0kF0&feature=youtu.be

Get at me Kim!!! I can do it to lol

Took awhile but I got it, I can only get it to work like half the time though and I used foresight for the bonus dmg

haha good job man!

finally!

foresight is good for the kill time. you can change out for quickening for much more viability in the regular runs. :)

congrats on making it though man. happy for you!

Wow Kim when'd you get that skorn?

I had the pleasure of having a 300k DPS monk that never used wave of light tell me he outdamages me x EVERYDAY

I should just keep a link on my profile to that youtube video since we have same DPS with skorns on.

Actually have yet to do either but I almost always run with 3 other people.

Best groups have killed regular elites < 7 seconds ( I want to say under 5 but not for sure).

Extra Health in 10-15seocnds.

Talking 450k + Archon, 220k + WD Plagued Bats, 300k Barb Hota, and me kinda groups tho.

oh haha i like collecting monk weapons, so i have all kinds of weapons in my stash to test out different builds everyday.

and yeah a good group can take down elites pretty damn fast in mp10. fun stuff.

i think monks have the highest burst dmg though!

happy monking!
Reply Quote
Keep up the good ground breaking work Kim !

BTW how's the build against Reflects ?
Reply Quote
Keep up the good ground breaking work Kim !

BTW how's the build against Reflects ?

Thanks man!

For RD, it depends, but you probably need Dual LS.

I had Dual LS on that video set up.
Reply Quote
What are your DW weapons Kim ? I'm thinking of trying DW again. Your current profile is 2H.
Reply Quote
Very fast kill time! that was Epic
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 05:06 AMPosted by GAK
What are your DW weapons Kim ? I'm thinking of trying DW again. Your current profile is 2H.

I was just fking around with my Skorn.

The weapon spec was rare sword / high dps / cd / ls / dex / socket with OH rare fist high dex / high cd / ls / socket.

You can just use High CD EF for the OH.

Must use a WOL SOJ.

07/01/2013 05:19 AMPosted by Mizingo
Very fast kill time! that was Epic

Thanks man!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]