Diablo® III

DH pets...

So last night I was looking for a way to come up with a new build so I started looking at skills I never use... and it hit me. I thought to myself "Hey, I know wolf companion isnt great but if he can tank and pull aggro for a little while it should in theory allow me to stand still and just unleash on the mob he's in!" So I threw up the wolf on the skill bar and headed out. I came to one single enemy and my wolf attacked for somewhere around 95K damage. He got hit, got hit again attacked once more and got hit a final time and was dead. Seriously? 1 enemy? 3 hits? ...and he only throws out a rough 180K damage in 4 or 5 seconds or so. Heck my bat hits for 35Kish damage and he cant die. He doesn't take aggro but he's not supposed to, main use is hatred regen. Why is it that the wolf is so glassy that if I want to use a pet for damage it makes more sense for me to use my bat than a pet that's made for dealing damage? Each other pet has a "semi" (and I use that word with caution) useful attribute, apart the wolf. Damage is his attribute and he doesn't live long enough or attack fast enough to make any real use of it. I would really love to see the wolf get a buff to make it viable as I see it as being pretty useful.
Reply Quote
Our pets are laughable. Boar is okay due to the defensive buff and bat is great due to the hatred regen it gives but it still pulls and agros stuff all the time even though its not supposed to. I wish they would fix this already. Its pretty annoying. Everything else isnt worth the slot.

I mean you obviously dont want pets buffed a crazy amount so that they're absolutely necessary and can face tank everything for us. But I agree, give them some reworking and bit more defense so that they can take more than 3 hits before dying.
Edited by Pengwin#1512 on 6/21/2013 8:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think they all need slight reworking, something like:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/demon-hunter/active/companion

Raven: Summon a raven that pecks the eyes of their victims for 38% Weapon damage and has a 20% chance to blind the target

Spider: Summon a spider instead of a raven. The spider's attacks also Slow the movement of enemies by 60% for 2 seconds and have a 10% chance to leave behind a health globe when the spider hits an enemy

Bat: Summon a bat instead of a raven. The bat grants you 3 Hatred per second and 3% life steal

Boar: Summon a boar instead of a raven. The boar increases your Life regeneration by 310 per second. In addition the boar increases your resistances to all damage types by 15%. ( I think hes fine as is )

Ferrets: Summon ferrets instead of a raven. The ferrets collect gold for you and increase gold and magic find by 25%. (can break mf cap)

Wolf: Summon a wolf instead of a raven. The wolf attacks for 94% of your weapon damage as Physical and raise damage by 25% for you and the party

I think it would be awesome if could switch which animals have which bonus as well, but that's a little much.
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 6/21/2013 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Speaking of pets, does anyone know how Ferret damage works? Do they each do 38% weapon damage (effective 76% wep damage from untargetable pets), or do they do each do 19%/half attack speed or something to even things out? I've done a bit of poking around the forums and google and haven't seen an answer to this. Not that it really matters, just kind of curious.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9344304708

Tried using Wolf.. too bad it does, indeed die within 3-4hits if you do't stack mitigation >_<

It could be nice if they buff them up.

06/21/2013 08:46 AMPosted by TastySouP
Wolf: Summon a wolf instead of a raven. The wolf attacks for 94% of your weapon damage as Physical and raise damage by 25% for you and the party

That's nice ;) I'd like Wolf to inherent LS though since they really need some way to regain their HP.

Another possible fix would be to lower Wolf's cooldown and Boar's aswell so they can be re-summoned. Though with proper mitigation, Boar can tank even SB.. so.. that might need some scrutiny ;)
Reply Quote
The pet's damage scale with attack speed. However, they only hit once per sec.

example: If you have 3 APS, the Wolf effectively hits for 282% weapon damage per sec, while the others hit for 114%.

Thing about the pets is that you need life and armor for them to survive in higher MPs. The Boar being the tankiest, but the Spider is the best for aggro protection but slightly less durable.

They could definitely use some love though, still, no question about it. I think the devs said there's something in store.

EDIT: Also the cooldown is retarded. They already cost 10 disc, the 30 second cooldown is really horrible. Should be able to cast them whenever we want to.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 6/21/2013 10:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 10:10 AMPosted by ActionKungfu
Also the cooldown is retarded. They already cost 10 disc, the 30 second cooldown is really horrible. Should be able to cast them whenever we want to

Total removal of the cooldown might be not that good.

We can generate Disc quite easily when specced into it ;)

And then.. you'll realize that we can tank on our own.. then our Boar could just tank one of the enemies. LOL
Reply Quote
We should be able to summon an army of them.
Reply Quote
How about a ranged pet ? :O

1 pet for attack buff
1 pet for defensive buff
1 pet for tanking
1 pet for hatred & disc regen
1 pet for doing real damage
Edited by Mao#6908 on 6/21/2013 10:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 10:21 AMPosted by Chrizzle
Also the cooldown is retarded. They already cost 10 disc, the 30 second cooldown is really horrible. Should be able to cast them whenever we want to

Total removal of the cooldown might be not that good.

We can generate Disc quite easily when specced into it ;)

And then.. you'll realize that we can tank on our own.. then our Boar could just tank one of the enemies. LOL

You can literally have elite packs ignore you flat out. Ask DiE and Venom, I showed them.
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Mao

A monkey that throws poo!
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Mao

That almost makes too much sense. Therefore, it will never happen.
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 10:53 AMPosted by Oracle

That almost makes too much sense. Therefore, it will never happen.

The bat and raven are already ranged pets.
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 10:53 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
A monkey that throws poo!

A cat that vomits hairballs!
Reply Quote
I think pets along with turrets should be a viable source of stacking damage.
Pets should:
- Wolf should be a beast! Right now it just barely scratches mobs with utterly negligible damage. It should also provide a buff.
- All the pets damage should be scaled up so they can actually be a viable mans of stacking damage. Maybe not ferrets but certainly boar, spider and most certainly the wolf.
- Boar and bat buffs are great but they don't do much else...did I mention their damage is beyond pitiful?

Turrets should:
- Benefit from crit or if not...do more damage.
- Hit more than 1 target
- Be able to be placed anywhere and not be deployed right at your feet.

I recently fired up Titan Quest again. Look at the way the turrets work on the rogue there. They hit multiple monsters, you can toss them where you want them to be so you could stay hidden, they draw aggro..but at the same time can be destroyed yet made more durable.

I mean why would one ever choose the raven, spider or wolf other than aesthetics? I think having pets and turrets as a viable means of stacking dps would be great for DH's edps without breaking the game with some ridiculously OP damage modifier on a single skill. (looking at you wave of light)
Edited by Saturn#1404 on 6/21/2013 12:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Saturn
I recently fired up Titan Quest again. Look at the way the turrets work on the rogue there. They hit multiple monsters, you can toss them where you want them to be so you could stay hidden, they draw aggro..but at the same time can be destroyed yet made more durable.

The simple "buff" that we can put Sentries where our cursor is godsend already.

06/21/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Saturn
I mean why would one ever choose the raven, spider or wolf other than aesthetics? I think having pets and turrets as a viable means of stacking dps would be great for DH's edps without breaking the game with some ridiculously OP damage modifier on a single skill. (looking at you wave of light)

Don't get me started with TQ pets.. Pets there are AWESOME.
Reply Quote
pets should cleave... all of them :D

we need more aoe... and their dmg is so low... even if they hit everything on the screen at once it wouldn't add up to much xD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]