Diablo® III

DH pets...

Ferrets deals 33% DPS.. BOTH OF THEM deals the same damage..

So.. if you use Ferrets, you'd have 66% Bonus DPS of sorts since they'll deal damage too.

At first I thought the 33% will be divided onto the 2 ferrets.. But.. I was wrong.

I'd take Ferrets any day than Wolf. Sure Wolf deals more damage.. but it dies >_<

FERRETS ARE CUTE TOO!
Reply Quote
Ferrets give you more gold and pick it up for you.
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 10:14 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Ferrets give you more gold and pick it up for you.

<*))))))))><
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 6/24/2013 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ferrets should multiply every minute. Afterall, there ARE two of them.
Reply Quote
Our pets (boar/wolf) simply suck because they do not have Force Armor as WD pets do, which makes them take no more than 5% max hp per attack regardless of its strength. Now obviously they too die to desecrators and green puddles of doom because they tick incredibly fast for almost no dmg per hit, which negates the fluffy force armor thingy, but nothing can even 10shot a gargantuan.... If the boar or even wolf had that, it'd be very viable.

Also the wolf does cleave, but within 3 yards. :D iow, in absolute melee range, 180 degrees. (could be 1-2 yards, I know it does but it's such a miniscule radius)

Because we lack the high allres and overall defensive stats of other classes (remember WD's get about 300 allres from int alone) our pets suck even more.

Ferrets and bats all the way, free dmg with immortality on their side! AND GOLD! GOOOOOOOLD!
Reply Quote
Our pets (boar/wolf) simply suck because they do not have Force Armor as WD pets do, which makes them take no more than 5% max hp per attack regardless of its strength. Now obviously they too die to desecrators and green puddles of doom because they tick incredibly fast for almost no dmg per hit, which negates the fluffy force armor thingy, but nothing can even 10shot a gargantuan.... If the boar or even wolf had that, it'd be very viable.

Also the wolf does cleave, but within 3 yards. :D iow, in absolute melee range, 180 degrees. (could be 1-2 yards, I know it does but it's such a miniscule radius)

Because we lack the high allres and overall defensive stats of other classes (remember WD's get about 300 allres from int alone) our pets suck even more.

Ferrets and bats all the way, free dmg with immortality on their side! AND GOLD! GOOOOOOOLD!

Stop spreading misinformation.

For starters the patch notes specifically said that the Companions cleave in a 10 yard radius. Where did you get 3 yards from?
Reply Quote
I've actually started to do some rigorous testing of the DH pets. I'm actually becoming quite fond of the boar and I'm actually starting to think that the boar is a great choice. Doing these test on mp 10 as a GC DH and I'm liking what I'm seeing. Won't post too much more because I haven't finished and I'd like to study this a bit more.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately, the Bat companion is a must in any build.
Use anything else and you'll suffer from Hatred starvation which is crap.

Another crap thing is that basically every build you see is using bat companion, where the skill slot could be used for something more useful.

Unfortunately, there aren't any USEFUL ITEMS which offer the same amount of hatred regen as the bat...
Reply Quote

Another crap thing is that basically every build you see is using bat companion, where the skill slot could be used for something more useful.

Unfortunately, there aren't any USEFUL ITEMS which offer the same amount of hatred regen as the bat...

I do run my build without the bat. I'm having hatred regen on the Calamity and on DML. I also take the Templar (but that's more a style choice, I don't feel compelled to take him because of regen, but he certainly helps). I never have issues with hatred in my build and I feel it is a quite effective setup.

I was a die-hard bat user as well and had it in all my builds, but now I think it is not as mandatory as commonly perceived
Reply Quote
ActionKungfu:

Because I disregard number based information when the actual gameplay suggests something's off. If it was a 10yd cleave allround to pets then they would cleave further away than just in their absolute surroundings, especially since they only cleave vs tiny mobs (small hitboxes) when surrounded, such as leapers in A1. Never seen the wolf cleave 2 mobs that are positioned infront of eachother where the closest is in his melee range, and that's still means both the mobs are within 10 yards. Just sayin'.
Reply Quote

Lol wut? I Strafe and use the Boar, and although I can't perma-strafe I never really meant to either. No hatred problems here. I could use another skill here, but the Boar makes an excellent tank in addition to buffing my eHP. And while 1.33 hatred on a weapon, cloak, or DML isn't the same as 3 the bat gives, it's nothing to sneeze at either.
Edited by Rav1n#1381 on 6/25/2013 5:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My pet tanks MP10 ubers for me. :-)

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k380TVZcoLk
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]