Diablo® III

New to Monk: OWE or AR?

Hey monks, just wondering what the best approach is to leveling my monk. Is it better to stack a particular resist and use one with everything or should I try for all resists.

thanks in advance
H
Reply Quote
Depends on your budget.

OWE is usually cheaper.

I would suggest crafting some items first. This way if you are lucky enough to roll something good in first few crafts with certain resist, you can stack that resist with OWE.
Reply Quote
OWE and AR.

Because 70 all resist + 37 single = 107 total resists on a single piece.

This way you won't need to get resists all over your gear but only a few pieces. ;)
Reply Quote
OWE and AR.

Because 70 all resist + 37 single = 107 total resists on a single piece.

This way you won't need to get resists all over your gear but only a few pieces. ;)

defintely go this route. its not really an either or situation. just match the secondary resist on all your gear to go along with the all resist and you will most likely have 100-140 resistance per peice with OWE
Edited by AvengeR#1218 on 6/22/2013 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ar or die. or do what you want.
Reply Quote
owe
Reply Quote
OWE, no monk passive even comes close to what it can offer if you know how to gear around it, but of course feel free to go without OWE if you have hundreds of billions of gold.
Reply Quote
I would start with OWE, much cheaper to get a gear set up and running with it. Then try to transition away from it later as you have more to spend. I disagree with TasteDeath, once you have enough AR that you aren't dying, like I have, there are several better passives for upping your spirit spending ability and overall DPS output. OWE Definitely rocks for letting you survive with cheaper gear, but if you get to where you can survive without it there are better passives.
Reply Quote
OWE offers huge discounts and more options on gear. Even if you can afford AR you might find higher damage options with your chosen resist. For me it was simple... OWE was the whole reason I chose to use monk in the first place... "You mean I can match the damage and resist of other high end players for a fraction of the price with more gearing options... sign me up!!!"
Reply Quote
owe, fire or poison. Reason being: fire walkers, ashearas boots, andariels visage and burning axe of sankis if you wanted to try out a fire monk.
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 01:46 AMPosted by Leesome
owe, fire or poison. Reason being: fire walkers, ashearas boots, andariels visage and burning axe of sankis if you wanted to try out a fire monk.

lol these are dirt cheap. Don't expect them to perform well in high mp thou.
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 05:56 PMPosted by Zambash
I would start with OWE, much cheaper to get a gear set up and running with it. Then try to transition away from it later as you have more to spend. I disagree with TasteDeath, once you have enough AR that you aren't dying, like I have, there are several better passives for upping your spirit spending ability and overall DPS output. OWE Definitely rocks for letting you survive with cheaper gear, but if you get to where you can survive without it there are better passives.

Whats a better passive than OWE? BoY? Sure its better if you dont mind losing 20-30% of your dps + ehp for a 3sec cooldown reduction off FiTL. Fleet footed is a joke and its definitely not worth losing that kind of dps/ehp for 10% additional movement speed.

Unless you already have BiS in every slot you will always be able to get a lot more dps + ehp if you gear for OWE, look at my old monk setup, I'd lose a crap ton of ehp/dps (30+%) if I replaced all my fire res gear with AR gear, some of them dont even have AR equivalents on the GAH LOL.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/tastedeath-6239/Kenshiro/29095797

Think about it guys, the devs have been talking about nerfing OWE since forever, there must be a good reason for it.
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Frothy
OWE offers huge discounts and more options on gear. Even if you can afford AR you might find higher damage options with your chosen resist. For me it was simple... OWE was the whole reason I chose to use monk in the first place... "You mean I can match the damage and resist of other high end players for a fraction of the price with more gearing options... sign me up!!!"

Exactly. The same amount of gold will always net you a lot more dps/ehp unless you are already at this guy's gear level:

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/invis-2291/INVIS/130395
Reply Quote
OWE... OWE... OWE lol :-P

great skill for my monk, with OWE 674 AR + SOJ (FOT "28% damage elits and incrase damage FOT 10% or WOL, 30% damage elits and 6%CC WOL)
Reply Quote
Both are completely viable. Owe will be cheaper generally but the choice you'll have will be limited. Non-Owe will allow you an extra passive but cost a bit more but you'll probably have more to choose from.
Reply Quote
There are no right answer.

My 2cents:

If you are rich, go for OWE-free.

If you aren't, go for OWE.

I would never use OWE for my monks though. Having the freedom to choose the 3rd passive is great for spec diversity.

To each his own though.
Reply Quote
lol... guys remember monks forums aren't the drama forums. It's been getting worse lately with some new faces, not that i discourage them coming but the fact that you guy's are coming with these opinions not to discuss but to force on people.

I agree with kim and some others, owe-free is the better route IF you have the gold. However if you are just going to start a monk and progressively make it better as you get the gold go with owe. Eventually on this route you will probably like to drop owe, after getting atleast 200k dps and 500 ehp. However it's very pricey to just start up with owe-free.

Anyway your choice good luck :)
Reply Quote
There are no right answer.

My 2cents:

If you are rich, go for OWE-free.

If you aren't, go for OWE.

I would never use OWE for my monks though. Having the freedom to choose the 3rd passive is great for spec diversity.

To each his own though.

I'm rich bro lol lol :-D

Yea, my monk will go OWE free someday with 300+kdps + SOJ

For this moment, Still need OWE coz with mid end gears (200kdps), high AR (OWE) make more survival.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]