Diablo® III

poison % adds to manajuma?

Hey dudes,

I know % elemental dmg adds to black weapon dmg.

but what about this?
Will a 6% poison SOJ, add to a Manajuma's Carving Knife's poison elemental dmg?

TS DR.
Reply Quote
No.

The SoJ's 6% Poison/Cold/etc is just a DPS increase for Witch Doctors.
It is based on the 'black' or 'physical' damage on your weapon/mojo/rings/amulets, specifically not on the poison/elemental damage on your weapon.
A ruby increases the black damage.

For other classes, the type of damage on the SoJ matters, e.g. cold will slow enemies. This is not the case for Witch Doctors.

We need a bot to find these questions and insert a copy+paste response.
Reply Quote
No and yea it doesn't effect the mck in anyway but the 6% is roughly 6k dps added. That's what changes a lil bit depending on wether its a black weapon or a mck.
Reply Quote
all elemental dmg bonus from gear (SOJ, Zuni, boots, tal amulet, etc) only adds to the physical part of your weapon dmg. and the type of element doesn't affect the damage. However, the type of dmg may in some cases affect the effect (only for cold dmg)

So for MCK the majority dmg is poison damage (for simplicity reason, let's say your MCK dps is 1000, and 700 is from poison dmg)

What SOJ/zuni/tal amulet does is add 6%/or X% dmg to the physical/black part, So for 6% poison dmg it will only add to the 300 physical part. In other words, the 6% element dmg only adds to 6%*0.3 (300 out of 1000)=1.8% dmg to your total dps.

When does the element dmg matters?

When you have a physical dmg weapon( black weapon) and when your skill tooltip says deal XXX% dmg as weapon dmg, then that additional 6% poison dmg will be fully added to your dps and represented as poison dmg. If your SOJ is cold dmg and you have a black weapon and your skill deals with weapon dmg, then that SOJ with cold dmg will both have 6% dps bonus and chill (Slowdown) effect.

But for CoB, plague or bear build, the type of element dmg on SOJ/zuni/tal amulet doesn't matter because your skill has its own element type (fire for CoB, poison for Bear and Plague bat).
Reply Quote
Wait though, I wondered this as well. Not the psn dmg on the weapon, but the poison cloud you are surrounded by when wearing the mana set. It does do dmg, poison dmg. But how much? Does anyone know?
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Hales
Wait though, I wondered this as well. Not the psn dmg on the weapon, but the poison cloud you are surrounded by when wearing the mana set. It does do dmg, poison dmg. But how much? Does anyone know?

Manajuma set bonus grants a poisonous cloud, with radius of 10 and it ticks every 0.5 sec , deal around 6115 poison dmg.

From my experience, the poison dmg from MCK set doesn't get amplified by int/crit and anything. Pretty much useless, unless you wanna use bad medicine passive.
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Neuron

Manajuma set bonus grants a poisonous cloud, with radius of 10 and it ticks every 0.5 sec , deal around 6115 poison dmg.

From my experience, the poison dmg from MCK set doesn't get amplified by int/crit and anything. Pretty much useless, unless you wanna use bad medicine passive.

Thanks, that's what I thought but wished otherwise. At least it's useful for cob with bm passive on ubers
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Hales

Thanks, that's what I thought but wished otherwise. At least it's useful for cob with bm passive on ubers

I feel the poison cloud is actually 10% of your paper dps, mine does way more than 6k dps. Also, it does not get crits ever
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]